NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XIV [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I took Dorion's statement last week about Sanderson to imply they were passing on him...but I could've just been reading too much into it. Just the way he phrased it, implying that wherever Sanderson falls to he's sure he'll be a good NHL player some day. Maybe that was posturing...but I'd be surprised to see them take a player like that at 5 with the forwards left on the table.

I’d bet pretty heavily that we’re not taking a D at 5. You have the possibility to draft 2 elite forwards to add to an already solid group of forwards, you can’t pass on that.

We have good depth on D and will see this year who sinks and who floats (i.e Wolanin/Brannstrom/Jaros) and you can act accordingly next season.

Adding Stutzle or Byfield + Raymond or Perfetti/Rossi is too big to pass on imo. Especially when you already have Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson/Formenton/Pinto/etc... Our forward group automatically gains the potential to be top 3-5 in the NHL.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Well Raymond saying we are the team he has met with the most tells me hes the likely guy at 5

Raymond or Sanderson

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
"The only two names ive heard recently linked to Detroit by multiple sources are Perfetti and goaltender Yaroslav Askarov. Once source made a good point regarding Perfetti, in that so many people seem to think that's who Detroit is taking that it's almost suspicious"

A wings fan sent me this. If thats the case it looks like raymond will be available at 5

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
"The only two names ive heard recently linked to Detroit by multiple sources are Perfetti and goaltender Yaroslav Askarov. Once source made a good point regarding Perfetti, in that so many people seem to think that's who Detroit is taking that it's almost suspicious"

A wings fan sent me this. If thats the case it looks like raymond will be available at 5
Or the player we hope Detroit don t pick is Askarov. I have faith guys

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I was really, really hoping for Stutzle and Raymond. It doesn't look like Timmy will fall to 3, so it would be fairly disappointing if Raymond isn't selected at #5.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd imagine the only way we are trading down is if someone knocks our socks off, don't think it has anything to do with who Detroit is picking, they will take their #4 or #5

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I'd imagine the only way we are trading down is if someone knocks our socks off, don't think it has anything to do with who Detroit is picking, they will take their #4 or #5

Bondra,

In the same Craig Button interview. JR spoke about the 2021 draft being Dman rich. You seem in the know. Is that so? and should this guide their decision. Perhaps swap a pick this year for next. Double you chances of a top 5 in 2021.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Bondra,

In the same Craig Button interview. JR spoke about the 2021 draft being Dman rich. You seem in the know. Is that so? and should this guide their decision. Perhaps swap a pick this year for next. Double you chances of a top 5 in 2021.
Next year has multiple high end D, as well as multiple high end forwards. Get a pick in the top 10 and we are golden, even after and we can grab a guy like Evan Nause, who I'm sure we have shortlisted.

Next years draft shouldn't have any effect on our decision this year. We shouldn't trade a guaranteed 3rd and 5th for a pick next year. Would I trade 28 for a teams 1st next season? Definitely, with a shortened, strange season, teams can finish anywhere in the standings.

Strange thing about this draft is that they will be scouting for the 2021 draft in 2 days, and then drafting for 2020 in a week.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’d bet pretty heavily that we’re not taking a D at 5. You have the possibility to draft 2 elite forwards to add to an already solid group of forwards, you can’t pass on that.

We have good depth on D and will see this year who sinks and who floats (i.e Wolanin/Brannstrom/Jaros) and you can act accordingly next season.

Adding Stutzle or Byfield + Raymond or Perfetti/Rossi is too big to pass on imo. Especially when you already have Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson/Formenton/Pinto/etc... Our forward group automatically gains the potential to be top 3-5 in the NHL.
If you want to use the logic you cant pass on an opportunity it would be the opposite, D are way more valuable than wingers you cant pass on one. On top of that this draft is very deep in forwards with only two top end D men.

If I were to bet, if Sanderson is taken the sens trade down. I am very confident they have him firmly at 4 on their draft board.

1 of 3 teams he's talked to most. Raymond is definitely who we are going with if we go forward imo
I think its a coin flip him or Quinn. If Sanderson is gone I think they trade down and take one of those two players.

Personally id take Drysdale followed by Raymond but thats not what I thinks going to happen.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
My god the speculation is so inconsistent, it just shows that nobody knows what the teams are going to do, and teams still don't know what they are going to do.

One day we're getting Stutzle, one day its Byfield. One day is the Jack Quinn train, the next day its Raymond hype train, then today is Sanderson and Askarov.

October 6 cant come soon enough.
If the sens dont take one of Sanderson, Drysdale, Quinn or Raymond I will be in absolute shock. I am extremely confident that is who they have in contention for the 5 spot.

Reactions: DJB

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think if they get byfield they will go with a winger if they get stutzle they will go with a D that’s my gut feeling.

I think Rossi and Stutzle will give a us a championship potential core

Reactions: Frank8 and senswon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA