Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 19th Overall Pick, Braden Schneider, D

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I'm on Season 6 of Game of Thrones, please no spoilers.
tenor.gif

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Earlier in the thread, people were complaining about having an overload in RHD's. So what? Written in stone? We are so fortunate to have Fox, Tony D. and Trouba already but
The way I look at it.......and we all KNOW you can never have enough defenseman. With the offensive firepower we almost assuredly will have......Tony D. AND Fox are absolutely a luxury.
We actually NEED this type bad ass player. Even though we already have Trouba, he is NOT enough. Things pan out, he will be one of the reasons as to WHY we will be harder to play against.

Reactions: eco's bones

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Earlier in the thread, people were complaining about having an overload in RHD's. So what? Written in stone? We are so fortunate to have Fox, Tony D. and Trouba already but
The way I look at it.......and we all KNOW you can never have enough defenseman. With the offensive firepower we almost assuredly will have......Tony D. AND Fox are absolutely a luxury.
We actually NEED this type bad ass player. Even though we already have Trouba, he is NOT enough. Things pan out, he will be one of the reasons as to WHY we will be harder to play against.
I always remember a quote that Elliot Freidman reported from a GM around the trade deadline: "If you have D to trade, that puts you in position 'A'" I also remember a GM (can't remember but it might have been Rutherford or Shero) saying that he liked drafting defensemen because people always ask for Dmen in trades. Having these guys as trade assets is a good thing.

Reactions: Larrybiv and bobbop

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I always remember a quote that Elliot Freidman reported from a GM around the trade deadline: "If you have D to trade, that puts you in position 'A'" I also remember a GM (can't remember but it might have been Rutherford or Shero) saying that he liked drafting defensemen because people always ask for Dmen in trades. Having these guys as trade assets is a good thing.
Don't think it would have been Rutherford, as he said in Carolina he didn't like drafting defensemen in the first round because they took longer to develop so you were getting fewer pre-UFA years.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Don't think it would have been Rutherford, as he said in Carolina he didn't like drafting defensemen in the first round because they took longer to develop so you were getting fewer pre-UFA years.
Right, that's what I was thinking with him. Stand corrected. I think it was Shero then.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
It's almost kind of funny (though understandable) how Schneider is probably going to fly under the radar a bit.

that could end quickly though if the WJC takes place before the nhl season starts so everyone is watching

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad