NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 157595

Bruce Arians: Bucs’ offense comes down to whether “quarterback plays well or not”

Arians is starting to come off as a prick. How about instead of running an air raid offense you build around the fact you have two yac monsters in Godwin and Brown and let Brady work the short/intermediate like he always has

His comment is straight out of the Adam Gase playbook: force square pegs into round holes and blame the pegs when it inevitably goes wrong because the coach is never wrong.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Bruce Arians: Bucs’ offense comes down to whether “quarterback plays well or not”

Arians is starting to come off as a prick. How about instead of running an air raid offense you build around the fact you have two yac monsters in Godwin and Brown and let Brady work the short/intermediate like he always has
Didn’t Arians spend all last season trashing Winston in the media? I think Arians is talking himself back to retirement if he’s picking a fight with the big star QB.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Didn’t Arians spend all last season trashing Winston in the media? I think Arians is talking himself back to retirement if he’s picking a fight with the big star QB.
Wouldn't want Brady to suffer fractured feelings by the truth.
Granted he has accomplished more than any player ever.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Wouldn't want Brady to suffer fractured feelings by the truth.
Granted he has accomplished more than any player ever.
Brady made some bad decisions and throws this year but because of who he is captures way more of the blame than he should. Objective analysis shows how terrible the run blocking and play calling has been for this team. On first down runs all their stats are in the bottom 25% of the league. Against the Rams the Bucs had 11 1st down runs and 7 went for 2 yards or less, none went for more that 6 yards.

Passing on 1st down is a little better but still sucks because Arians wants to throw the home run ball all the time. And Brady who has lived throwing to his backs has no one that can reliably catch the ball let alone generate YAC out of the backfield. The result is that the Bucs are always facing 3rd down ( 3rd most in the league) and their conversion rate is 13th in the league but is not good enough to compensate for the 1st down screwups.
Blame Brady for some really dumb throws but overall the real problem with the team is play selection and offensive strategy which is COACHING!

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
The Niners may likely have to relocate their next two home games (12/7 vs. Bills, 12/13 vs. WFT) due to new COVID restrictions in Santa Clara County:

(Worth noting that (barring other events) there are six other NFL venues available both weeks: Jerryworld, Superdome, Lucas Oil, Gillette, FedEx, and Mile High (And I suppose Oakland (Alameda County) Coliseum could be an option, too).)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They could conceivably play in LA next week since they play Monday Night Football.

I would assume all in-state options would be exhausted before making them travel, so I don't think that will happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Another move made:

Presumably the feature game was Saints/Eagles, which for now looks like stays in that slot, so I think they’re just letting Fox decide what they want to do closer to the game, neither one looks that good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Broncos, employers of Pat Shurmur, have signed former Vanderbilt QB and technically Super Bowl champion Kyle Shurmur.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

JFC!!! As if the NFL isn't already pissing me off enough with how they are handling COVID. What on earth would be the harm in just showing the game to EVERYONE? And yeah I know, don't give me all the Sunday Ticket/$$$$ garbage because I really don't care. People are home, trying their best to stay home & safe, would it really kill the NFL to let ALL football fans have 3 bonus hours of football enjoyment?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Pretty sure this is a FOX issue, not an NFL issue. They have the contractual rights to the game - pretty sure the NFL can't just go and show it on their network even if they wanted to.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad