NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Mccaffrey out again

isn’t he like 2-3 years away from his contract even starting.
There’s guaranteed money when he signed the extension, so he’s protected. That is why he pushed to get it done after year 3.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
There’s guaranteed money when he signed the extension, so he’s protected. That is why he pushed to get it done after year 3.

Yeah i wasnt inferring he wasnt going to get paid.

I've just never been a fan of signing running backs. Mccaffrey would have been borderline for me
but with the wear and tear they have and the way the CBA is set up for the 5th year option on 1st round picks and franchise tags
I'd never sign a Running back to a 2nd deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah i wasnt inferring he wasnt going to get paid.

I've just never been a fan of signing running backs. Mccaffrey would have been borderline for me
but with the wear and tear they have and the way the CBA is set up for the 5th year option on 1st round picks and franchise tags
I'd never sign a Running back to a 2nd deal.
Personally, I hate the NFL CBA. I'm fine with the draft, but all players should be free agents after 3 years. That way RBs would get paid. They have a shelf life of like 7 years.

I look at the CBA from both sides. Players, should get paid if they perform. Such a violent game, your career can be altered just like that.

I would support all guys on rookie contracts that are a year out to do what they can to get paid early. I have less support for guys on contract 2 trying to get another contract. As you were free to sign whatever deal you could coming off your rookie contract. up to you and your agent to get the best one.

No issues with Earl Thomas feuding with the Seahawks. I also understand Seattle's POV. They gave Kam another contract and he injured his neck. They also saw Sherman tear his achilles in his 2nd last year of his contract when the guaranteed money was done, and thus they cut him. Thomas saw that and wanted a new extension to protect himself. Seattle said no. IMO, Hawks should have traded him. They knew they would they would likely get a 3rd round pick comp for him via free agency. So, that would be the minimum bar to accept back in trade. No more guaranteed money for him in that final year, so best to move on.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Personally, I hate the NFL CBA. I'm fine with the draft, but all players should be free agents after 3 years. That way RBs would get paid. They have a shelf life of like 7 years.

I look at the CBA from both sides. Players, should get paid if they perform. Such a violent game, your career can be altered just like that.

I would support all guys on rookie contracts that are a year out to do what they can to get paid early. I have less support for guys on contract 2 trying to get another contract. As you were free to sign whatever deal you could coming off your rookie contract. up to you and your agent to get the best one.

Yeah all the NFL analysts and pundits have said

The fact that the players didn't fight harder against that franchise tag in the CBA is embarrassing.

I dont fault teams for using it.
The chiefs are going to run helaire (or however you spell it) into the ground, pick up that 5th year, and maybe one franchise than let him walk to UFA and rinse and repeat.

You have so much at your disposal to never give a running back big money and get a lot out of them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah all the NFL analysts and pundits have said

The fact that the players didn't fight harder against that franchise tag in the CBA is embarrassing.

I dont fault teams for using it.
The chiefs are going to run helaire (or however you spell it) into the ground, pick up that 5th year, and maybe one franchise than let him walk to UFA and rinse and repeat.

You have so much at your disposal to never give a running back big money and get a lot out of them.
Only leverage a RB has is to either hold out. 5th year option is that math the average of the top 8 guys at your position or something? There’s a formula based on which group of 10 or so that you are drafted. Top 10 gets a certain average of players like top 8 then 10-21 get average of top 12 or something like that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Paul Hourning passed away this week. This is a photo that I'm seeing for the first time, would be hard pressed to be able to replicate this today

5th of 5 touchdowns in that game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This guy has quite the resume I notice his name come up every year because he’s always moving around.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Paul Hourning passed away this week. This is a photo that I'm seeing for the first time, would be hard pressed to be able to replicate this today

5th of 5 touchdowns in that game.

It would be hard to replicate this today, because the Eagles would have to be up on the steelers by 5 touchdowns, lol.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
FB_IMG_1606360154390.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad