NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Seattle has to decide whether to exercise the 5th year option on Penny this off-season. Not sure what the commitment would be, but he hasn't shown that ability yet. Plus Seattle is without a 1st and 3rd in this draft and need help at DL, CB, and OL. Any RB they add would be a late pick or a UDFA.
Homer is more a 3rd down back. Dallas was a former receiver, so he's a good pass catcher, but not an every down back that Seattle is looking for to bring the physicality.

Carson, depends on what he wants money wise. 4 years at $40-$45 mill is probably the max Seattle goes with $20-$24 mill of that being guaranteed.

Thing is, what other team would pay for a RB? He's not a hybrid back, a clearly a much better running than receiver. SEA and Carson fit each other well. See if they can make the money work. Seattle has to pay to keep dunlap and Adams is done his 4th year and wants to get paid. KJ Wright a likely cap casualty, but with the selection of Brooks, they should be ok at LB. Also Griffen at CB is a free agent.

Yup, it will be decided by the offers he sees when he hits FA and from the tone of Carroll's answer they won't be offering first.

KJ is another matter because his play has been fantastic all year. Ol' reliable, and smart. I think the team will want to keep him around if at all possible. He's going to have to accept less than his current cap hit but given his age and desire to finish his career in SEA I could see it happening. Naturally Adams and Dunlap are the higher priorities.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yup, it will be decided by the offers he sees when he hits FA and from the tone of Carroll's answer they won't be offering first.

KJ is another matter because his play has been fantastic all year. Ol' reliable, and smart. I think the team will want to keep him around if at all possible. He's going to have to accept less than his current cap hit but given his age and desire to finish his career in SEA I could see it happening. Naturally Adams and Dunlap are the higher priorities.
They drafted Brooks in round 1 last season and they seemed high on 3rd rounder Barton from 2 drafts ago as well.

Wright at this point would be a luxury re-signing imo. They have replacements for him though he has played great this year.

have to save money on the positions that you have potential replacements.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

They're going to miss the playoffs and it's going to be totally out of their control.

Unless if that fabled 8 team playoff thing is considered by the league

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

They're going to miss the playoffs and it's going to be totally out of their control.

Unless if that fabled 8 team playoff thing is considered by the league

they may be able to get the players back but no practice just online meetings in the biggest game since their return.

pitt has to be the unluckiest team with like 3 opponents who had to deal with Covid outbreaks before their scheduled game with them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Assuming the other shoe doesn't drop there anyway.
Always a concern since we have seen teams lost entire position groups since they are together more than with other teammates as each group has their own group meetings.

miami holding their breath now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess good thing Tagovailoa has been playing.

I was looking forward to see how that dynamic continued work.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think we've passed the red line for that to occur.
Facility being closed means that they want to keep everyone away since there have been multiple people from different areas or segments of the team that have been infected.

Browns will be in tough trying to win to get in without getting to practice this week. Middle of the week is when you go the hardest. So that has passed for them. Mental reps now. And hope that everyone tests negative on Friday and Saturday.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
On top of that, Ward tested positive, which means he'd also probably have to miss a playoff game even if the Browns win on Sunday. The Browns aren't going to have a practice today.

It's looking like covid is wrecking their final two weeks.
Which seems appropriate for Cleveland Browns in 2020.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
For a 6-10 team to host a playoff game would be a joke, and that's going to happen if the Eagles beat the Redskins tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad