NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This dude fell off hard.

He was a media darling during the Falcons SB run, I remember hearing quite a bit about him.

Slap in the face to Jaguars fans.

So Shad Khan's product flops on the field and the solution to his long suffering fans is to take away two home games? That will DEFINITELY encourage them to support the team, even as it continues to suck.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
He was a media darling during the Falcons SB run, I remember hearing quite a bit about him.

So Shad Khan's product flops on the field and the solution to his long suffering fans is to take away two home games? That will DEFINITELY encourage them to support the team, even as it continues to suck.
Kevin Demoff, Rams executive vice president of football operations, is aware of the collective nervousness of the team's fan base. He insists there is no sinister plot to move the team out of St. Louis.
"We are extremely aware and extremely sensitive to that, but we still have to make the decisions we think are best for the franchise," Demoff said. "If there wasn't a lease issue out there, people wouldn't be trying to make one plus one equal three. Our goal is to build a winning franchise on and off the field in St. Louis.
"We view this (London) element as contributing to that goal long-term. I know people want a definitive statement from us on our intentions (about relocating). But our goal is to go through the lease process and have a successful outcome and really work with the city to see if we can find a successful outcome."

ST. LOUIS Rams, circa 2012 when it was announced they would be 3 playing London games. Time is a flat circle.

London Jags does have a decent ring to it, although I am sure Shad is just trying to grow the...Jacksonville Jaguar teal and gold brand abroad.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Not sure I'm a fan of a team playing that many games in London. I can just imagine what the fans in Jacksonville think about all this.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Brees did seem to cool off a little as last season wore on. I think this is his last season (2020) regardless on if the Saints win it all or not.

Reactions: Voight

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
So uh.. the Cowboys reportedly offered Dak 33m a year and he turned them down, saying he wants more money than the top QBs are getting. Like I understand wanting to get paid and all, but like WTF goes through Dak and his agents minds when they think of asking for that? But then again it's the Cowboys we're talking about. Wouldn't be surprised if Ol Jerruh is putting out these rumors from both angles so he stays in the news.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So uh.. the Cowboys reportedly offered Dak 33m a year and he turned them down, saying he wants more money than the top QBs are getting. Like I understand wanting to get paid and all, but like WTF goes through Dak and his agents minds when they think of asking for that? But then again it's the Cowboys we're talking about. Wouldn't be surprised if Ol Jerruh is putting out these rumors from both angles so he stays in the news.

Dak knows damn well he will not be getting Lamar Jackson/Patrick Mahomes type money.

Both right now have built solid resumes in their career, Mahomes will break 40 million a year..Jackson shouldn’t be far behind either.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I mean it is a QB league so it would not shock to em to see a team offer him more than that in free agency if he were to ever get there. Cousins got almost 90 million fully guaranteed on a. 3 year deal in free agency. Good QBs almost never hit to open market.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Jerry Jones always uses the media when negotiating with his top free agents.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
49ers restructured the contracts of Kwon Alexander and Weston Richberg, saving them over 14 million in cap next year.
That’s a lot of cap space saved. Likely means they converted salary to signing bonus so they’ll have to keep them on the roster for the next couple of years otherwise they’ll take a large dead cap hit.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Start the rumor mill y’all

tenor.gif

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Dak knows damn well he will not be getting Lamar Jackson/Patrick Mahomes type money.

Both right now have built solid resumes in their career, Mahomes will break 40 million a year..Jackson shouldn’t be far behind either.
Don’t put jackson and mahomes in the same sentence. I’m not trying to be sassy or whatever. Mahomes is just way more proven when the poop hits the ceiling cooling device.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Don’t put jackson and mahomes in the same sentence. I’m not trying to be sassy or whatever. Mahomes is just way more proven when the poop hits the ceiling cooling device.

Mahomes is certainly in a different league. In the past we've had Brady/Manning as guys jockeying for that top QB title but Mahomes will end up ruling his era.

Jackson is good, but hes in the 2nd tier. I also don't think he will repeat his performance, IMO teams will figure him out like they did with Newton.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I can't wait for the team who signs Taysom Hill to be a starting NFL QB and watch it blow up in their face. The guy is a gadget player. He's also already 30.

Mike Florio was pounding the table for him talking about and getting all defensive at people disagree with him on twitter. "he was the Saints best player against the Vikings." And? He's not catching passes as a full time QB and that one bomb he threw woulda been a TD if he didn't under throw it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad