NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Don't know if this is being discussed anywhere here, but the idea of Tom Brady going to another team before he retires is so much the opposite of Raymond Bourque going to another team before he retired. Brady had his whole career with the Patriots and success beyond any other player in the League. There is no reason why he should ever want to be considered anything other than a New England Patriot. There's only one reason I think of that he would want to be on another team, and it's a purely disloyal reason, and that's to attempt to prove that he could have success elsewhere, not just on a team coached by Belichick.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Don't know if this is being discussed anywhere here, but the idea of Tom Brady going to another team before he retires is so much the opposite of Raymond Bourque going to another team before he retired. Brady had his whole career with the Patriots and success beyond any other player in the League. There is no reason why he should ever want to be considered anything other than a New England Patriot. There's only one reason I think of that he would want to be on another team, and it's a purely disloyal reason, and that's to attempt to prove that he could have success elsewhere, not just on a team coached by Belichick.
How can you question a guy's loyalty when he's taken super team friendly contracts for the last decade to help the team win? How many tens of millions of dollars in cap room did he gift to the Patriots? He's been the most loyal player maybe in league history.

If he wants to play somewhere else for any reason, that shouldn't erase any of the proof of loyalty he's built up over the years. He's not demanding a trade. He's a free agent. Maybe he's tired of the weather or the commute. Maybe he wants to live closer to family. Maybe he wants to finally cash in the way he never asked the Patriots to do. He gave you 20 years, and that's not enough?

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
How can you question a guy's loyalty when he's taken super team friendly contracts for the last decade to help the team win? How many tens of millions of dollars in cap room did he gift to the Patriots? He's been the most loyal player maybe in league history.

If he wants to play somewhere else for any reason, that shouldn't erase any of the proof of loyalty he's built up over the years. He's not demanding a trade. He's a free agent. Maybe he's tired of the weather or the commute. Maybe he wants to live closer to family. Maybe he wants to finally cash in the way he never asked the Patriots to do. He gave you 20 years, and that's not enough?

Ok, I'll concede a point. My post was the thoughts that I've had on this since learning that there was a potential that he would be going to another team, but OK, you make a good point that I hadn't considered,... that his loyalty for staying with the team for 20 years shouldn't be discounted when he could very well have moved on years ago. But still, gone seem to be the days when a player was proud to have spent his whole career with one team; that's where my thoughts were coming from.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Ok, I'll concede a point. My post was the thoughts that I've had on this since learning that there was a potential that he would be going to another team, but OK, you make a good point that I hadn't considered,... that his loyalty for staying with the team for 20 years shouldn't be discounted when he could very well have moved on years ago. But still, gone seem to be the days when a player was proud to have spent his whole career with one team; that's where my thoughts were coming from.
Also keep in mind, most of the NFL guys you're thinking of were retiring in their early 30s. Brady has given two great careers worth of games to the Patriots.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I would just hate to see him Martin Brodeur his career and have a 20 years with the Pats..... then one with a random team. That extra year is pointless and is an eye sore :laugh:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Brady has given his heart and soul to the Pats and always taken team friendly contracts. And in pay back the Pats, in most years, have given him a group of lower tier receivers topped off by that crappy group last year. Brady deserves better and BB gave him the middle finger.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Burfict shouldn't be allowed to play again. I bet 1st game back he does something stupid and gets suspended again.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad