OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Rodgers is really at the top of his game this season. He does more with less than just about any QB right now. Maybe Wilson as well. Mahomes is better than both to my eyes but his team is somewhat better as I see it. And how is PIT undefeated? They aren’t that good.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Rodgers is really at the top of his game this season. He does more with less than just about any QB right now. Maybe Wilson as well. Mahomes is better than both to my eyes but his team is somewhat better as I see it. And how is PIT undefeated? They aren’t that good.

Pitt is a complete pretender.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The Giants can realistically win the division as a 4-12 team.
No.

Really?

No.

085fc19d7a0673262e0a0c7c7064d822.jpg

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The Giants can realistically win the division as a 4-12 team.

Unfortunately, they can't.

Redskins & Eagles play each other in week 17 - winner of that game (or even a tie in Washington's case) would move them ahead of the 4-12 Giants. Dallas also plays the G-Men week 17 and a win would boost them to 4-12 plus give them a 2-0 series tiebreaker lead over the Giants.

NYG are going to have earn the NFC East title with at least 5 wins.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It won’t surprise me if Jones misses some games with that hamstring. That might throw a monkey wrench into what is clearly a high functioning well oiled machine.

There only real hope even with a healthy Jones was for it to come down to the Dallas game since every other game is not winnable.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Alex Smith and his bionic leg is the best current starting QB in the division. You would think Pederson would be the best coach but at this point it kinda seems like Frank Reich was his brain when they won the SB.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There only real hope even with a healthy Jones was for it to come down to the Dallas game since every other game is not winnable.

I wouldn't favor them in any game other than the Cowboys, but the Cardinals and Browns are certainly capable of stubbing their toe in NY the way Arizona did against the Pats this week and the Browns almost did against the Jaguars.

Dallas still seems to be in the best shape with two division games plus the Bengals remaining on their schedule but they're a game back so even in that division there isn't any room left for error.

My bad. So a blistering 5-11

Looking at the schedules, I could actually see the Eagles winning at 5-10-1 lol, if they win in Dallas and beat WFT

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dallas would have the easiest schedule with two divisional games but they are also atrocious and have more ground to make up.

I definitely rather roll the dice against Carolina and San Fran like Washington has but they can easily lose those two games. Them picking on a pretty awful Cowboys team isn't super convincing.

Giants need to either catch the Browns sleeping or find a way to beat Arizona.

With how Wentz is playing i can't see the Eagles winning another game this year. They were horrible tonight.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I think the Giants might have the ability to catch the Seahawks napping. They haven't looked especially dominant on offense

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the Giants might have the ability to catch the Seahawks napping. They haven't looked especially dominant on offense

Its not impossible, but I don't have much faith in McCoy being able to do that.

Arizona is the game they really need to find a way to win if they want to do this.

Though it would be for the absolute best not to win this shit division as mass firings need to be happening in the front office.

Winning a division at 6-10 might be actually give these losers a reprieve from ownership when everyone absolutely needs to be fired

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Its not impossible, but I don't have much faith in McCoy being able to do that.

Arizona is the game they really need to find a way to win if they want to do this.

Though it would be for the absolute best not to win this shit division as mass firings need to be happening in the front office.

Winning a division at 6-10 might be actually give these losers a reprieve from ownership when everyone absolutely needs to be fired

Gettleman should have been fired 2 years ago

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well if you mean by as long it'll take them six or seven years post-tank to win a title I'll sign up for that. But without that promise it's just embarassing, losing is one thing but to actually have management tank is disgusting.

I mean if the game meant anything at all besides the draft pick calling a midfield blitz with fifteen seconds left and no timeouts with the Raiders needing a TD would be the worst call by any coach anywhere since the Seattle geniuses ignored Marshawn Lynch on the one-foot line in the Super Bowl. Besides utter stupidity (and I don't think Williams is stupid) that's the only reason for making that call. Hell they tried to give it up the play before with single coverage downfield.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Jets are pathetic and an embarrassment to the NFL. Being a bad team is one thing. Trading good players for prospects is also okay. But purposely throwing the game is disgraceful.

The above is obviously not proven, but I can't see how else you call that play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad