OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I also thought the Jets would have the world's biggest letdown after finally getting off the schneid but hot damn, it's like they get off on trolling. Or they actually WANT to save Gase's job <shudder>

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Weren't the Browns missing a ton of guys with Covid?

The Jets are beyond silly declaring Gase would get fired with a lose. So now somehow he keeps his job because they beat a depleted Browns team to become 2-13?

Eagles see blood in the water with Smith hurt in Washington. They know they can pull this off now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
KC has motivation problems at this point (understandably so) when they're playing lesser teams. When they play better teams they crank it up. It probably doesn't help they all but have home field locked up.

Honestly the whole league has been backwards from what I thought late in the season, I figured the bad teams would just want to get home even more with all the restrictions and protocols and the good teams would roll them but it's been the opposite, the good teams (particularly the ones with playoff spots) haven't been motivated with the fact two byes dissapeared.

Baltimore looked plenty motivated today. Steelers too. That was a real tough lose for the Colts.

Arizona was baffling. Not sure how you shit the bed that badly in such an important game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
FB_IMG_1609112420384.jpg

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
With 5 wins heading into week 17 the Giants are still alive.

If a person gave me the rundown of 2020 in 2010 I would've stopped speaking to them or called their mother to try and coax them into rehab.

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I also thought the Jets would have the world's biggest letdown after finally getting off the schneid but hot damn, it's like they get off on trolling. Or they actually WANT to save Gase's job <shudder>

It would be the Jetsiest outcome possible

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you're a Giants fan you rooting for a win or a loss? They could actually get the #3 pick lol, or at least one of the other two QB's in the draft (Fields, the BYU kid).

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
If you're a Giants fan you rooting for a win or a loss? They could actually get the #3 pick lol, or at least one of the other two QB's in the draft (Fields, the BYU kid).
A friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and he was saying he was not sure if he should be rooting for a win or a loss. He knows they could really use an impact player on D that they could draft in the top 10. On the other hand winning the division builds that "winning culture":sarcasm:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Honestly, I don't know.

A part of me wants the team to feel some sense of pride and get experience in the postseason. Then there's the other half that wants the pick.

If there's a gun to my head I'm choosing playoffs because the NFL draft is not like the others. Stars are regularly found late in the first as well as later rounds.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm not sure the Giants can get all the way up to #3

Houston is almost certainly going to lose next week anyways, especially if Watson is out

Miami gonna get a top 3 pick lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Would have been better if Philly had beaten Dallas, and the NFC Least game in primetime will really suck if Alex Smith isn't back.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
they had to put that game there because its the only standalone game that isn't reliant on other games

all the AFC games need to be at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad