Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Ben sucks.

The NFL this year is a joke.

How could you even pick a favorite at this point?

Money line? I swear I'd bet the Giants. The guy throws like Peyton in Denver.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Chiefs have to be a prohibitive favorite in the AFC at this point, the Saints with a healthy Brees a little less so in the NFC, but if either team gets knocked off then it's a mess that really anyone could come out of. I do think people forget the Rams got to a Super Bowl just two years ago and don't give them enough credit, but I'd still put the Saints over them ftm.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The Chiefs have to be a prohibitive favorite in the AFC at this point, the Saints with a healthy Brees a little less so in the NFC, but if either team gets knocked off then it's a mess that really anyone could come out of. I do think people forget the Rams got to a Super Bowl just two years ago and don't give them enough credit, but I'd still put the Saints over them ftm.
The Browns could make it to the bowl and get hammered by the war hogs at this point and I wouldn't be surprised.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
WFT is not winning the Least, as much as I'd love to see it happen they still have to make up a game with a tougher schedule than a sizzling hot Giants team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I put money on that game for a reason. Pitt are frauds and on the short week were due.

Buffalo beats them next week too.

Bad result for the Giants but they are still in the driver seat.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Giants had to take a RB that year though. Not like Eli was ancient and they needed a QB or anything...
Well, you have to pick a RB extremely early in the draft if you want a good one. It's not like guys from later rounds, undrafted free agents or even guys they pluck off the street that were stocking shelves a few days ago can just come in at RB and do just fine.

Reactions: Billdo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Well, you have to pick a RB extremely early in the draft if you want a good one. It's not like guys from later rounds, undrafted free agents or even guys they pluck off the street that were stocking shelves a few days ago can just come in at RB and do just fine.

RBs are like goalies in that they can come from anywhere in a draft or even outside the draft but generally the ones drafted higher have a better chance of being good. That’s my unscientific observation. I’m too lazy to do the math but I think I’m correct on that.

Reactions: tr83

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
RBs are like goalies in that they can come from anywhere in a draft or even outside the draft but generally the ones drafted higher have a better chance of being good. That’s my unscientific observation. I’m too lazy to do the math but I think I’m correct on that.
Yeah Dalvin Cook is real good on a team with a "meh" offensive line,
he was a second round pick @ 41

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah Dalvin Cook is real good on a team with a "meh" offensive line,
he was a second round pick @ 41

I think Alvin Kamara may have been a second round pick. Like MacKenzie Blackwood and Carter Hart it’s not so much the round as the number of players at their position picked ahead of them that I find important. It speaks mostly to the relative devaluation of their respective positions. That said I’d still rather pick a running back from the top end of my draft list than one towards the bottom I can get as an undrafted free agent.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
With the Jets being the Jets, I am fully expecting them to screw up losing and beat New England in the final game of the year to lose Trevor Lawrence.

Reactions: tr83

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

DraftHistory.com

Lots of brand name RBs come between late round 1 to early round 3. It really is a crap shoot for RBs.

I'm drafting OTs, DEs, and CBs in round 1.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
With the Jets being the Jets, I am fully expecting them to screw up losing and beat New England in the final game of the year to lose Trevor Lawrence.
I'm half convinced that if the pats are out of a playoff spot that Belichick is vindictive/smart enough to throw the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad