OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Awful for Joe Burrow. Both the ACL and MCL torn (plus supposedly other issues).

It's also why a guy like Trevor Lawrence would never go back to Clemson next year. Can happen on any play.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The only interest I have in the rest of the NFL season is seeing if the Jets can secure the #1 pick. Knowing the Jets, they'll probably manage to screw that up by winning a game or two late in the season.

I'm more of a Giants fan but have zero interest in watching them this season.
Last game of the season against New England.

Let's hope Jacksonville can pick up another win.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If the Giants can't beat a Burrowless Cincinnati next week then they don't deserve to win even this awful division.

Browns and Arizona are most likely loses. If it comes down to the Cowboy game, I feel like Daniel Jones pick 6 to end the Giants season is almost a certainty.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Cowboys are terrible and I can see the Giants D shutting them down.

Dalton is a fraud and without AJ Green, he would have been nothing more than Mark Sanchez

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean, on top of losing their starting QB, they lost their two best O linemen in that game really early. The Cowboys are trash at full strength, but losing the players they have would have a big impact on any team.
Yesterday was a good result for me as a Cowboys fan. I don't need them squeaking into the playoffs and getting stomped.

My only interest in the NFL now is rooting against the two PA teams. Part of me wants the Eagles to make it and get killed, but that team is like a cockroach. They find ways to keep living when they have now right to be.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The NFC East should be disbanded. Fold up all four teams.

Just the mere fact every team that doesn’t win the division may well get a top ten pick is hilarious. Imagine the endless tank vs win arguments if that ever somehow happened in hockey, particularly with the lottery.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Saints starting left tackle is out because of COVID as well. League should have left themselves more wiggle room with scheduling.

Nah not the big, bad NFL. We don't need no extra weeks or bubbles, we'll just power through a normal season with normal travel!

Honestly I'm surprised they went this long without major issues and thankfully it doesn't seem like there've been any in-game transmission issues but it's just too many people on and around the team to not expect disruptions in general.

Clearly some teams are doing better at policing themselves than others (part of the reason the NFL's not pushing back this Broncos game is because they were lax in protocols), ironically the 0-10 Jets are one of the better ones at following protocols to this point - I think they've only had one positive test the entire season afaik and it was a false positive at that.

Reactions: My3Sons

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Saints starting left tackle is out because of COVID as well. League should have left themselves more wiggle room with scheduling.

they are also starting Taysom Hill at QB so they will be playing without one either. Might be a 2 and a half hour game

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
they are also starting Taysom Hill at QB so they will be playing without one either. Might be a 2 and a half hour game

Hill tore up Atlanta last week, I'd rather have him than Ghost Boy out there. Obviously Gase would too with that idiotic play not to lose playcalling at the end of the first half. If you're trying to win then put Flacco out there. If you're trying to evaluate Darnold then let him throw at the end of the first half instead of trying to settle for a seven-point deficit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sadly the Jets still have a chance to win a game and have Jacksonville 'pass' them at 1-15 if Darnold goes back on IR before the end of the season...but it won't be till Week 17 :skeptic:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So the Giants don't really have another winnable game until Dallas week 17. Washington in a similar boat until Philly week 17.

Eagles might have the easiest schedule left as they have two division games to go and they would be the most winnable.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
re: broncos game……

….as expected, must watch comedy…….no offence to the guys that had to fill in but that was a laugher…..has to be hard for all involved.

there were very little under center snaps, tragic looking wounded duck passes (of what little passing they did)…….it showed why ANY real QB is important……

at one time i flipped over to the other game i was watching to just see mahones throwing a 75 yard score

night and day

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
re: broncos game……

….as expected, must watch comedy…….no offence to the guys that had to fill in but that was a laugher…..has to be hard for all involved.

there were very little under center snaps, tragic looking wounded duck passes (of what little passing they did)…….it showed why ANY real QB is important……

at one time i flipped over to the other game i was watching to just see mahones throwing a 75 yard score

night and day

13 total passing yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->