OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I’m a Seahawks Fan. The Hawks probably won’t make the playoffs.

Defense: One of the worst in the NFL.

O-Line: Pretty Susss, Two weeks of 5+ sacks

Running Game: What!? (Turns Out, if you don’t have any running threats your offense becomes predictable)

Wilson: Playing out of his mind....literally. He has been a turn over machine. See the first few points.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’m a Seahawks Fan. The Hawks probably won’t make the playoffs.

Defense: One of the worst in the NFL.

O-Line: Pretty Susss, Two weeks of 5+ sacks

Running Game: What!? (Turns Out, if you don’t have any running threats your offense becomes predictable)

Wilson: Playing out of his mind....literally. He has been a turn over machine. See the first few points.
There's a jeopardy meme making its rounds this evening saying "This QB would've won several MVPs by now if the season was only 8 games... Who is Russell Wilson"

Reactions: tr83

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If only the Lions had stayed Lion-esque for a little while longer at the end of the game I'd be getting visions of Alex Smith and his bionic leg leading a Washington charge to the division lol

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Just a reminder for everyone... Bill O'Brien traded Hopkins for a washed up RB and a 2nd round pick...

I would love to know if the owner ok'd this. He had to, right?

I don't put anything past owners to cheapen out, especially in the NFL.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They somehow lost to the Giants twice. They aren't charging anywhere.

Alex Smith didn’t get first team reps any week till this one (which is kind of a big deal for a guy who hasn’t played in two years) when he threw for nearly 400 yards. If Rivera hadn’t wasted time with Kyle Allen after dumping Haskins they’d have another win or two easy.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Alex Smith didn’t get first team reps any week till this one (which is kind of a big deal for a guy who hasn’t played in two years) when he threw for nearly 400 yards. If Rivera hadn’t wasted time with Kyle Allen after dumping Haskins they’d have another win or two easy.
Smith also threw 55 times. No normal team does that. I don't think Smith is better than Allen.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I would love to know if the owner ok'd this. He had to, right?

I don't put anything past owners to cheapen out, especially in the NFL.
They'd almost certainly have agreed to it but they were probably sold on him being expensive on his next deal. The Texans are a dumpster fire from top to bottom. They fired their top PR staffer, who happened to be a woman, and cited it as her not being a "cultural fit." What the hell does that even mean?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They'd almost certainly have agreed to it but they were probably sold on him being expensive on his next deal. The Texans are a dumpster fire from top to bottom. They fired their top PR staffer, who happened to be a woman, and cited it as her not being a "cultural fit." What the hell does that even mean?

Rumor through the grapevine is some of her Tweets were too political for them. But yeah it’s a bad look when you fire the only female PR head for vague ‘coded’ reasons when she’s one of the best at her job and is universally respected by peers and team members.

And the Texans hardly need an excuse to be dysfunctional, hence letting BOB trade Hopkins (I do think that was a coach/player clash and since the coach was the GM he could be a vindictive dummy) then firing him after four games because apparently only now they realized he was a boob with too much power who lost the team.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Rumor through the grapevine is some of her Tweets were too political for them. But yeah it’s a bad look when you fire the only female PR head for vague ‘coded’ reasons when she’s one of the best at her job and is universally respected by peers and team members.

And the Texans hardly need an excuse to be dysfunctional, hence letting BOB trade Hopkins (I do think that was a coach/player clash and since the coach was the GM he could be a vindictive dummy) then firing him after four games because apparently only now they realized he was a boob with too much power who lost the team.
They did a very similar thing to what happened with Shero. BOB traded their best player then he himself gets fired shortly thereafter.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They did a very similar thing to what happened with Shero. BOB traded their best player then he himself gets fired shortly thereafter.

Well it’s slightly different cause Hopkins still had three years left on his contract so GM O’Brien didn’t want to renegotiate or give him a raise so he traded him. Why they took the deal they did without telling the league he was on the block is beyond me though. I’m sure they could have found an offer of at least one first rounder and another highish pick, if not two first rounders.

Reactions: HBK27

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Well it’s slightly different cause Hopkins still had three years left on his contract so GM O’Brien didn’t want to renegotiate or give him a raise so he traded him. Why they took the deal they did without telling the league he was on the block is beyond me though. I’m sure they could have found an offer of at least one first rounder and another highish pick, if not two first rounders.
Truth, plus Hopkins reupped right away with AZ so maybe he told the Texans he'd only extend there and maybe that's why they went with them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The NFC East is hilarious. So bad, yet oddly intriguing.

I figured if the Eagles just got to 6 they'd have it made but I don't even see how they get to 6 with their schedule at this point (not to mention Wentz doing his best Darnold impression) - their next four games are probably automatic losses. I'm rooting for the Alex Smith comeback tour but Washington's problem is all their most winnable games are on the road and their D isn't really anything special so I don't see them doing it either, their last two losses really cost them.

IF the Cowboys finally found their heart during the bye week they probably have the easiest schedule remaining and the most talent. The Giants have a layup against the Burrow-less Bengals next week and are playing the most consistent of any of the teams, but they're gonna have to win at least two (and possibly all three) of the Cardinal, Browns and Cowboys home games.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The only interest I have in the rest of the NFL season is seeing if the Jets can secure the #1 pick. Knowing the Jets, they'll probably manage to screw that up by winning a game or two late in the season.

I'm more of a Giants fan but have zero interest in watching them this season.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad