OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
That was PI.

Not really PI in my opinion, but if I was a Giants fan, player or coach I'd still be a little heated about it.

As an OC I'd want that call for my guys all day and I'd be fuming on the sideline, but I actually think the defender made a good play here. His head was turned toward the ball and the throw was knocked down by the defender at the same time as the contact. That shouldn't be PI. Good no call by the refs IMO

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not really PI in my opinion, but if I was a Giants fan, player or coach I'd still be a little heated about it.

As an OC I'd want that call for my guys all day and I'd be fuming on the sideline, but I actually think the defender made a good play here. His head was turned toward the ball and the throw was knocked down by the defender at the same time as the contact. That shouldn't be PI. Good no call by the refs IMO

I thought he got there early. The bigger problem to me is the subjective nature of the call. Clearly one ref saw a PI since a flag was thrown but the other two talked him out of it. That’s a terrible look and if the Giants were good there would have been an uproar. You can rest assured if a NO defender does that next weekend against TB exactly the same a flag will be thrown and won’t be picked up. That’s the part that makes you shake your head.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The NFL is virtually always completely subjective in it's calls. They only tend to call things like PI or Holding in big moments. Like the Ravens game when they let holding go all game, then call a phantom hold to take a touchdown off the board late in the game. It's pretty much unwatchable honestly. College gets it right most times, not sure why the nfl struggles so much.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The NFL is virtually always completely subjective in it's calls. They only tend to call things like PI or Holding in big moments. Like the Ravens game when they let holding go all game, then call a phantom hold to take a touchdown off the board late in the game. It's pretty much unwatchable honestly. College gets it right most times, not sure why the nfl struggles so much.

It’s not that they struggle. It’s not fixed in my view but it is helped along where they think they can get away with it. It depends who is involved and who the NFL is looking to help.

Several years ago the first divisional game of the season between NO and ATL was a joke. Ridiculous penalty disparity in favor of the Falcons and the calls were atrocious. Fast forward a month and the teams have h the e second divisional game. It was a joke. Ridiculous penalty disparity in favor of the Saints and the calls were atrocious. The worst part was Saints fans were pretty comfortable that the second game would go that way. I’ve been skeptical of the NFL’s handling of refs ever since then. Statistical studies have apparently shown some favoritism for certain teams and disdain for others and that shouldn’t be the case in my view. Really disappointing. I’d live to see a genuine grilling of the head of referees on the topic when he’s under oath.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
hope ya'll are done with the "you can win with Daniel Jones" nonsense. He stinks.

Giants played well enough to win that game but the QB held them back

Reactions: tr83

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
He missed a few deep options and threw some really bad picks.

He hasn't learned much in the 11 games or so he's been in. Its one thing to still try to figure out the speed of the game, but you're not gonna throw ducks up and not expect them to get picked

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Got tickets to Temple's 3 remaining home games at The Linc, Go Owls!!!
FB_IMG_1601254526045.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think the Steelers will end up winning, maybe even comfortably, but I think this game is exposing them. They aren't a 7-0 team.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I love Tua so God damn much
Wait till he gets some real toys to play with, I don't want to slight the runners and receivers he had with him today because they played with heart today, but he won today with players that are talent wise belong on the practice squad.

This is not the Dolphins have the past few decades, not only is Tua the real deal, but so it Brian Flores.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Parker and Preston Williams (though he got hurt again) are a LITTLE better than practice squad players. You want to see practice squad receivers just wait till MNF tomorrow night, oy. The Pats may actually have worse WR's than the Jets - assuming Crowder plays - which is something. And both may have the worst TE groups in the league to boot.

Last edited:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Parker and Preston Williams (though he got hurt again) are a LITTLE better than practice squad players. You want to see practice squad receivers just wait till MNF tomorrow night, oy. The Pats may actually have worse WR's than the Jets - assuming Crowder plays - which is something.
I didn't say they were all practice players, our top rusher was a rookie who played in his NFL first game today, the TD that tied it was a receiver that saw three plays all season and it was his first catch of the season, and on top of that Williams missed most of the game. Not to mention that we had three rookies playing on the OL, who are all going to be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad