Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Kirk Cousins is 6th all time in passer rating

great stat!!
He's not a bad qb. There's a reason numerous teams were tripping over themselves to make him the highest paid player in the league.

The company he's in? Rodgers (goat imo), Wilson, Young, Brees, Romo, Brady, Peyton, and Ben.

That doesn't strike me as a group of guys who collectively have the most overrated stat lines in sports.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm shocked the same posters aren't clamoring for Askarov. That's as generational a prospect we've seen since McJesus. But you don't because goalie isn't sexy.

Goalie in the NHL is like RB in the NFL, disposable and fungible. Picking a goalie when there are still top forwards and defensemen on the board would be more comparable to the Barkley pick.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's not a bad qb. There's a reason numerous teams were tripping over themselves to make him the highest paid player in the league.

It’s called supply and demand, better QB’s almost never get to be free agents and even mediocrity will get overpaid by teams who don’t even have that, look at all the money guys like Sam Bradford have made over their career.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Because better QB’s almost never get to be free agents and even mediocrity will get overpaid by teams who don’t even have that, look at all the money guys like Sam Bradford have made.
Lundqvist, Price, Rask, Rinne, Quick, and Crawford have been free agents? Vasi will die in Tampa.

Sorry, I don't buy the argument.

Great goaltending matters and is hard to come by. It's why they win the Smythe even in defeat.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Kirk Cousins not a bad QB

Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray stink

our pets heads are falling off!
16007388748112344346761176527899.jpg

Camera sucks, but mama's head is fully intact.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Meanwhile on the GB forum, we're as excited as ever even though we just slaughtered two hapless defenses lol

Rodgers looks like he's on a mission this year after management put a burr up his saddle this offseason.

They didn't just draft a QB with their first-rounder, they traded up for it, then topped that off by drafting a backup RB in the second round instead of getting more help for Rodgers at WR or o-line when they already have Aaron Jones who they've been trying to marginalize forever.

Reactions: My3Sons

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Rodgers looks like he's on a mission this year after management put a burr up his saddle this offseason. They didn't just draft a QB with their first-rounder, they traded up for it, then topped that off by drafting a backup RB in the second round when they already have Aaron Jones.
Well, as a Packer fan, we did it all for the right reasons. The difference with Rodgers isn't a fire under his butt, it's that he's throwing on schedule and not throwing off platform as much. He's releasing the ball earlier in his reads than he has the last 5 years prior. He's trusting his guys more and realizing that he was the problem last year. If drafting a QB made Rodgers self reflect, it was worth it 100%.

I'm also of the ilk that you don't pay Running Backs. I love Jones but it's just not the position you spend money on. If anything, we come to an agreement with Bakhtiari and then tag Jones for around $8 million next year. So it's not a problem until 2021.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm also of the ilk that you don't pay Running Backs. I love Jones but it's just not the position you spend money on. If anything, we come to an agreement with Bakhtiari and then tag Jones for around $8 million next year. So it's not a problem until 2021.

It's not even that they won't pay him, I'd probably agree with that one. It's that they - until last year - didn't even use him, they always found some excuse to get mediocrity like Jamaal Williams involved at the expense of Jones.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
It's not even that they won't pay him, I'd probably agree with that one. It's that they - until last year - didn't even use him, they always found some excuse to get guys like Jamaal Williams involved at the expense of Jones.
Well, Jones was never the pillar of health and Mike McCarthy was big on pass protection, which is something Jones needed to work on. The commendable thing about Jones is that he's 100% worked on his craft and gotten better where asked rather than sulk about it. He's the consummate professional and a huge hit with Packer fans and in that locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad