OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Rodgers looks like he's on a mission this year after management put a burr up his saddle this offseason.

They didn't just draft a QB with their first-rounder, they traded up for it, then topped that off by drafting a backup RB in the second round instead of getting more help for Rodgers at WR or o-line when they already have Aaron Jones who they've been trying to marginalize forever.
Goat is actually going to goat.

Tempted to put money on it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Unfortunately the jury is still out. But no, I don't think so. I also don't think a 1C and a QB are comparable unless we're talking about Sid and Rodgers.

Judging a rookie QB in his first two games after no preseason is way way premature to me. It’s like judging an 18 year older jumping from a USNDP to an NHL dumpster fire team and saying he stinks when he doesn’t light it up.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Judging a rookie QB in his first two games after no preseason is way way premature to me. It’s like judging an 18 year older jumping from a USNDP to an NHL dumpster fire team and saying he stinks when he doesn’t light it up.

Here's the thing though. I've been a Devils, Giants, Mets, Jets, and Nets fan in that order my entire life.

The savages are who've endeared me to each team and who either won, or came close to winning championships are as follows:

Stevens, LT, Daneyko, Banks, Coleman, Kenyon, Revis, Lemieux, Niedermayer, Eli, most of the cocaine Mets, Petrovic, Strahan, JPP, and f***ing Marty. Marty.

What can I say? I like angry winners and D.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
False dichotomy.

You don’t have time to develop in the NFL.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I would disagree. QBs are given a few years typically if they show any progression. It’s the rare first round QB who flames out in his first or second year. Even Jamarcus Russell lasted more than one year if memory serves.
You're tossed into the trash heap if you're not performing at a reasonable level by year 3.

Josh Rosen, Johnny Football, etc, etc.

It's unique to the position and the sport.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You're tossed into the trash heap if you're not performing at a reasonable level by year 3.

Josh Rosen, Johnny Football, etc, etc.

It's unique to the position and the sport.

yes and no. Brees and Rodgers both took longer I think. Rodgers because of Farve and Brees took at least three years to develop. Now if you want to say they are older QBs and in today's game they wouldn't be given that much time, I'd say maybe and it's not one size fits all. TB stuck with Jameis Winston for four years before moving on. Baker Mayfield is in his third year and is still developing and not a finished product (he still has footwork and release issues on five and seven step drop patterns from under center according to what I read). I just think the jury will be out on Burrow and Love and other guys recently drafted for a few years unless they totally melt down like Rosen. As an aside, my understanding is that Rosen is a personality issue as much as a performance issue.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
They held out long enough to schnooker the Big 10 and Pac-12 (probably) back into playing though :skeptic:

Live look into the Big10 and Pac 12 committees:

giphy.gif

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Ain't that the f***ing truth

Alright Jets, your turn now.

What are the tiebreakers when it comes to the draft in the NFL if both teams win 0 games?

Strength of schedule most likely. I think weaker schedule gets the higher pick, which'll probably be the Giants given their division compared to ours, especially playing the NFC West on top of it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hope but also anger that the f***ing genius doesn't run more plays with Darnold on the move. He treats him like he's Peyton Manning and chains him to the pocket when he should be using him more like Tony Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad