OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd vote for a haul personally.

Isn't Burrows supposed to be the goat?

And that guy Mayfield. I heard he's generational.

Johnny football? Can't miss out on that one.

Sanchize...
Trevor Lawrence is, at the moment, the best PROSPECT QB since Andrew Luck. Absolutely nobody said Mayfield is generational, nobody said Manziel was cant miss, and nobody said Burrow will be the greatest of all time. I get what you're doing but Lawrence is PROJECTED to be better than everyone you just condescendingly posted.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Trevor Lawrence is, at the moment, the best PROSPECT QB since Andrew Luck. Absolutely nobody said Mayfield is generational, nobody said Manziel was cant miss, and nobody said Burrow will be the greatest of all time. I get what you're doing but Lawrence is PROJECTED to be better than everyone you just condescendingly posted.
It was condescending. I also spoke at length about Luck who did nothing.

If you can explain to me how either of these NY football teams will return to the promised land with this kid while ditching the current ones, I'm all ears.

Again, this isn't the NBA or even the NHL. That guy isn't the difference.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It was condescending. I also spoke at length about Luck who did nothing.

If you can explain to me how either of these NY football teams will return to the promised land with this kid while ditching the current ones, I'm all ears.

Again, this isn't the NBA or even the NHL. That guy isn't the difference.
I never said he was savior for those dumpster fires. Their issues start at the top and won't go away until they remove those in charge. Gase is probably a top 3 worst coach in the league. He's viewed as some offensive marvel but he's not. Look at a guy like Tannehill who was viewed as garbage bc of Gase. Now he's kicking ass with the Titans. The Giants were not a team in position to take a RB with the second pick in the draft when they had an old ineffective QB in Eli, holes on their o-line that they haven't fixed since their line left after their Super Bowl. These teams have massive issues in the front office that will not change no matter who the QB is. Lawrence however is projected to be the best QB to come out since Luck, by a lot. Luck flamed out bc the juice wasn't worth the squeeze anymore for him. His club failed him by not upgrading the line in front of him and he got the shit kicked out of him for years and the injuries and rehab he was doing on a yearly basis wasn't worth it for him anymore. He was still an immediate superstar who would win games almost single handedly. Is Lawrence going to be an All Pro right off the bat? Maybe. If he PROJECTED to be a star? Yes. You can deny it all you want but that doesn't make it untrue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I never said he was savior for those dumpster fires. Their issues start at the top and won't go away until they remove those in charge. Gase is probably a top 3 worst coach in the league. He's viewed as some offensive marvel but he's not. Look at a guy like Tannehill who was viewed as garbage bc of Gase. Now he's kicking ass with the Titans. The Giants were not a team in position to take a RB with the second pick in the draft when they had an old ineffective QB in Eli, holes on their o-line that they haven't fixed since their line left after their Super Bowl. These teams have massive issues in the front office that will not change no matter who the QB is. Lawrence however is projected to be the best QB to come out since Luck, by a lot. Luck flamed out bc the juice wasn't worth the squeeze anymore for him. His club failed him by not upgrading the line in front of him and he got the shit kicked out of him for years and the injuries and rehab he was doing on a yearly basis wasn't worth it for him anymore. He was still an immediate superstar who would win games almost single handedly. Is Lawrence going to be an All Pro right off the bat? Maybe. If he PROJECTED to be a star? Yes. You can deny it all you want but that doesn't make it untrue.
Paragraphs my man, paragraphs.

All I can gather from this is that Gase sucks (true) and Saquon shouldn't have been drafted. Over who I'm not sure as Darnold was taken with the very next pick and a lot of people were pissed.

Yet here we are.

Under no circumstance do you take a QB if you're either of these franchises imo. You can probably win with Darnold or Jones, you simply can't with those d-lines.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
yeah I am pretty confident in saying that no one will ever win anything with Daniel Jones at QB
Sure.

You're talking about the franchise who won Super Bowls with Phil Simms and Jeff Hostetler.

DJ is sufficient.

Trent Dilfer won a SB. Why? D-line.

Eli is nothing without Strahan.

Trade the pick for a haul.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean I’m actually envious Jones was better in year one than Darnold in year three but the Jets are ‘still’ fubaring things around Darnold too.

Reactions: glenwo2

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I mean I’m actually envious Jones was better in year one than Darnold in year three but the Jets are ‘still’ fubaring things around Darnold too.
Give the man a d-line and a secondary.

Everything else is perfunctory.

And I was one of his biggest detractors.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If you have to go all the way back to Dilfer to support your point, I think you need to re-evaluate things.

Yes, you need viable support around your QB, but teams don't win Super Bowls with mediocre quarterbacks. That's just the reality.

Reactions: Billdo

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
If you have to go all the way back to Dilfer to support your point, I think you need to re-evaluate things.

Yes, you need viable support around your QB, but teams don't win Super Bowls with mediocre quarterbacks. That's just the reality.
Joe Flacco and Nick Foles say hi. I'd also argue that big Ben is barely above mediocre, but I'm just a guy.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It certainly makes it harder if you don’t have a great QB. Brady (6), Peyton (2), Big Ben (2), Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers and Russell Wilson have won 14 of the last 19 SB’s. Other than that you have Eli (2) and Flacco (1) who had unspectacular but solid careers and were clutch in the playoffs. Brad Johnson was a journeyman but had a defense with like five HOF’ers on it. Foles only had to win three games in the playoffs, two at home. All praise to him for doing it but Wentz did get them in position to be the #1 seed by playing at an MVP level for thirteen weeks.

If you count Eli as a HOF’er (he’ll make it whether we think he’s worthy or not) that’s 16 out of 19 won by HOF QB’s. Before that Dilfer with an all time great defense but you also had another several years of Aikman, Elway, Favre and Steve Young winning titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sure.

You're talking about the franchise who won Super Bowls with Phil Simms and Jeff Hostetler.

DJ is sufficient.

Trent Dilfer won a SB. Why? D-line.

Eli is nothing without Strahan.

Trade the pick for a haul.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl because he had a top 3-5 defense of all time playing behind him. You see the Giants getting that any time soon?

Reactions: Billdo

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the Foles thing was just a complete fluke. That dude can't play anywhere else but Philly for whatever reason. Plus the Eagles had a fairly loaded roster.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
QB might be the most important position in any sport, IMO. The only players that influence a game more are NBA mega stars like Lebron, with whom you could win with virtually any combo of other players and coaches.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl because he had a top 3-5 defense of all time playing behind him. You see the Giants getting that any time soon?
Again, we seem to agree.

That's exactly why you trade the 1OA for a haul.

Those championships were won on the backs of Strahan and JPP as much as anyone. You could say the same for many of those pats teams.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
the Foles thing was just a complete fluke. That dude can't play anywhere else but Philly for whatever reason. Plus the Eagles had a fairly loaded roster.
There seem to be an awful lot of mediocre guys and "flukes" winning super bowls as far as I can tell.

Brad Johnson of all people has a ring.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
QB might be the most important position in any sport, IMO. The only players that influence a game more are NBA mega stars like Lebron, with whom you could win with virtually any combo of other players and coaches.
I wholeheartedly disagree.

The NBA is unparalleled in regards to 1 individual changing a franchise. The NHL is probably a distant second.

There are literally too many moving parts in the NFL for one guy, even at the most important position, to move the needle that much.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
QB is far and away the most important position in any sport....sorry that isn't even really debateable.
You don't win an NBA title without a Steph or a LeBron. You rarely win a cup without a Sid, Kane, or an Ovy. You never win the world series without at least 2 top flight pitchers.

Teams win super bowls with whatever qb's all the time.

Defense wins championships isn't a misnomer.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
There seem to be an awful lot of mediocre guys and "flukes" winning super bowls as far as I can tell.

Brad Johnson of all people has a ring.
Tampa had an all time defense that year. I get what you're doing but this has run stale for me. Enjoy just spinning everything in a circle.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A lot = Like five or six non-HOF QB’s winning a SB in the last three decades?

Calling Russell Wilson okay and saying the Pats won most of their SB’s with defense just shows you have a skewed point of view

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You don't win an NBA title without a Steph or a LeBron. You rarely win a cup without a Sid, Kane, or an Ovy. You never win the world series without at least 2 top flight pitchers.

Teams win super bowls with whatever qb's all the time.

Defense wins championships isn't a misnomer.

the Chiefs had one of the worst defenses in the league last year and they won

SF had a great defense and JAG in Jimmy G at QB and lost

this is just last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad