OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Darnold is the ultimate damn tease. He shows you flashes then...THAT garbage.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just shoot Darnold into the sun at this point, he may have third-string WR's but he's a third-rate QB too. TWO pick-sixes, another giveaway in the other endzone...useless.

Reactions: tr83

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I love this as a rival Jets fan, but I hate it since they'll have a new coach and probably the #1 pick by the end of the year

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thursday night is must-watch TV...if you're a fan of car wrecks. A bad Denver team with Driskel at QB against a horrible Jets team with Gase coaching.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah I had to look it up to see if he was related to Mark Rypien (apparently he is a nephew).

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Colts 36 Jets 7: Overmatched

This all sums it up pretty well.

Firing Gase is the easy thing to do but it likely doesn’t solve anything short term.

Darnold isn’t doing himself any favors and making poor decisions but expecting him to make chicken salad out of chicken shit every play is not exactly a realistic expectation.

The roster is injury plagued and it already wasn’t very good to begin with.

It will take years to salvage this. And we’ve pretty much destroyed a potential stud QBs confidence.

There’s not much more to say.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Colts 36 Jets 7: Overmatched

This all sums it up pretty well.

Firing Gase is the easy thing to do but it likely doesn’t solve anything short term.

Darnold isn’t doing himself any favors and making poor decisions but expecting him to make chicken salad out of chicken shit every play is not exactly a realistic expectation.

The roster is injury plagued and it already wasn’t very good to begin with.

It will take years to salvage this. And we’ve pretty much destroyed a potential stud QBs confidence.

There’s not much more to say.

Hase is woefully unqualified. Firing him at least communicates to fans that we're trying hard.

Not firing him would indicate either a) a money decision or b) an entrenched NFL culture of never admitting you made a mistake

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hase is woefully unqualified. Firing him at least communicates to fans that we're trying hard.

Not firing him would indicate either a) a money decision or b) an entrenched NFL culture of never admitting you made a mistake

Believe me, I want him gone. He’s an awful coach who shows no ability to manage a gameplan, make an adjustment or lead a team. But the other crux of the matter is the Johnsons as owners. I see them being a part of that culture you mentioned in not wanting to admit to having made a mistake so quickly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As problematic as Woody is, Chris has actually been a step down. Just like we somehow downgraded from Todd Bowles as a head coach.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Chris is going to look ridiculous for firing Gase a mere two and a half weeks after dubbing him a genius.

But boy do I hope it happens.

Well I mean this is the same guy that fired Maccagnan weeks after letting him spend $100 million and run a draft.

Reactions: tr83

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
and Darnold may have just broken his collarbone

I'm shocked he's back in there. That TD run of his earlier was remarkable. I'll always believe in this kid and that he'll be successful, even if it's out of this crummy ass organization.

The Jets defense is doing all they can penalty wise to hand this game over to Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad