NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread II

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Maybe the best game of Butler's career tonight. That was a masterpiece.
Pretty easy when any miss at the rim is eliminated when the refs send you to the charity stripe. Wouldn't surprise me to see a report tomorrow that the league is investigating him going into the refs hotel room last night.

Reactions: John Price

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Butler dosen’t have another game like this in him but it was cute for the Heat to push this to 5 lol

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The only way I would have thought any NHL/NBA title was illegitimate is if a good amount of key players pulled out, or some key contributors got COVID.

Then I would have thought the title had less meaning.

But 99% of players who could have played, they decided to play. And nobody got COVID to knock them out of the playoffs.

If some teams or individual players thought it was a phony playoffs and decided to not give 100%, then that is on them. That doesn't invalidate the championship. That just means they didn't want it badly enough, and these types of teams/players wouldn't win in a normal year either because they have no "heart".

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
What nonsense! Lakers go to the line 29 times, the Heat 23.
Yeah, the number of free throws should be even when one team is undersized and the other has Lebron. Totally makes sense. Miami got away with a ton, the NBA doesn't want this to be a sweep.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
sufi gif.gif

Sep 19, 2008
I mean I am a Lakers fanatic but the low ratings make me laugh. We were told incessantly about how big the NBA was or how great it was ratings wise. Then when people started seeing the low regular season numbers "wait tillt he playoffs bro wait till the playoffs". And then when the low numbers were brought up IN the bubble (keep in mind they were TERRIBLE BEFORE THE BUBBLE) people were like "wait till the playoffs bro". Then when the playoffs came around the ratings remained terrible.

Silver must be sweating hard. Ratings have taken a gigantic hit even with the darling Lakers in the final.

Sep 19, 2008
Ratings have been down for years

First it was GSW making 80 straight Western Conference Finals ruining the game

Then it was "Lakers reeeeeee" even though Lakers haven't been to the Final in 10 years

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty easy when any miss at the rim is eliminated when the refs send you to the charity stripe. Wouldn't surprise me to see a report tomorrow that the league is investigating him going into the refs hotel room last night.
Yeah, the number of free throws should be even when one team is undersized and the other has Lebron. Totally makes sense. Miami got away with a ton, the NBA doesn't want this to be a sweep.

If you're going to complain about officiating, you really need a better case than this. Just watching the game should be enough to tell you Miami wasn't benefitting from calls but then you can go look at the stats too.

Butler drives a lot more than LeBron so he gets to the FT line a lot more than him. He has all season and playoffs. Last night Butler played more minutes, had a higher usage rate, and drove 24 times compared to LeBron's 12.

The Heat also packed the paint and gave the Lakers shooters a ton of room where as the Lakers didn't do the same because the Heat's most used lineups had Butler surrounded by four shooters. So he had a lot of open space to drive and kept hunting Kuzma/Green on switches.

Davis was mostly just a jump shooter and kept getting doubled when he touched it near the basket.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
If you're going to complain about officiating, you really need a better case than this. Just watching the game should be enough to tell you Miami wasn't benefitting from calls but then you can go look at the stats too.

Butler drives a lot more than LeBron so he gets to the FT line a lot more than him. He has all season and playoffs. Last night Butler played more minutes, had a higher usage rate, and drove 24 times compared to LeBron's 12.

The Heat also packed the paint and gave the Lakers shooters a ton of room where as the Lakers didn't do the same because the Heat's most used lineups had Butler surrounded by four shooters. So he had a lot of open space to drive and kept hunting Kuzma/Green on switches.

Davis was mostly just a jump shooter and kept getting doubled when he touched it near the basket.
that's not fair to quote actual facts when disagreeing with the "Lakers point of view".
Lebron should go to the line 20 times a game just because he deserves to!

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I mean I am a Lakers fanatic but the low ratings make me laugh. We were told incessantly about how big the NBA was or how great it was ratings wise. Then when people started seeing the low regular season numbers "wait tillt he playoffs bro wait till the playoffs". And then when the low numbers were brought up IN the bubble (keep in mind they were TERRIBLE BEFORE THE BUBBLE) people were like "wait till the playoffs bro". Then when the playoffs came around the ratings remained terrible.

Silver must be sweating hard. Ratings have taken a gigantic hit even with the darling Lakers in the final.
NBA Finals has never had to go up against the NFL. June is pretty dead for tv, especially sports tv.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

The numbers never lie but people do. When Jordan retired the ratings started to drop.

upload_2020-10-5_16-37-26.png

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ratings have been down for years

First it was GSW making 80 straight Western Conference Finals ruining the game

Then it was "Lakers reeeeeee" even though Lakers haven't been to the Final in 10 years
No, its Lebron. There is only so much losing people can handle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad