NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread II

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It is is clear through 2 games.
he may have outscored Davis by 1 point but he took 5 more shots to do so.
Davis's PER is next level through 2 games
1) Davis - 39.1
2) James - 33.6
3) Butler - 29.0
--his per 48 is better in most areas
--His wins share percentage is better
--His true shooting percentage is better is soooo much better
PER and win shares are worth less than garbage.

Davis hasn't missed many shots though, have to give him lots of credit for that.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
yeah....no it's not. that 19% is just pissed off blazers, rockets, nuggets, and celtics fans

if you're gonna consider this year's champion "illegitimate" then the '99 spurs should have an asterisk next to their title as well

It was a shortened season. Not a tournament majority of the teams wanted no business in.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
yet all the teams that qualified showed up to play with their stars

not sure why you refer to it as a "tournament." what MLS did in their bubble was a tournament. the NBA finished off their regular season and went right to the playoffs

Austin Rivers just told you nobody wanted to play. That's why we have Lakers vs. Heat Finals. They had the most players who actually wanted to play. Lebron is that nerd who shows up to the last day of school everybody else skips.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I expect you’d get at least 15% who would have said the same thing during the Golden State years. The reality is that the Lakers are so dominant right now that it wouldn’t make a lot of difference what the conditions are. I strongly suspect they will repeat again next year and the same 15% to 20% won’t see it as legitimate.
I don’t have any issue with any team who wins under these gruelling conditions. Tampa Bay and LA are both great and legitimate champs to fight through all of this adversity and maintain their drive and focus.
Gruelling conditions? They are literally at the most pampered basketball tournament in the history of the tournaments. The fact that every team got to get 100% healthy is the issue for me. 82 games comes with all sorts of gruelling conditions physically and mentally. Then taking those into the playoffs is even more challenging.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Nope not even close.
No advanced stat should by itself is a perfect indication of a players worth.
With PER, as long as you shoot over 31%, the more you score, the more your PER will increase. Doesn't seem like a very good metric for efficiency.

So a player could take every shot for his team, shoot 40%, have a PER of like 55, and lose almost every game.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
HJnC0b9.jpg

the absolute state of the NBA

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Austin Rivers just told you nobody wanted to play. That's why we have Lakers vs. Heat Finals. They had the most players who actually wanted to play. Lebron is that nerd who shows up to the last day of school everybody else skips.
if "no one wanted to play," then nothing was stopping them from sitting out like some guys did

from all the games i've watched in the bubble, it sure didn't seem like any of those guys didn't want to be there. rivers is clearly still mad his team lost

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
from all the games i've watched in the bubble, it sure didn't seem like any of those guys didn't want to be there. rivers is clearly still mad his team lost

What are you watching? Teams are dropping 120-130 a game. It's a glorified pick up game.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What are you watching? Teams are dropping 120-130 a game. It's a glorified pick up game.
Sounds more like a lot of whining and excuses by a few isolated malcontents who just weren’t even close to as good as the Lakers. The same whining we hear every single year. Seems you’ve bought into all of the excuses. :laugh:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
did you just start watching the NBA? defense hasn't been a thing for a while now

Not every night like this. Maybe it's the lack of fans. Lebron is super comfortable.

Sounds more like a lot of whining and excuses by a few isolated malcontents who just weren’t even close to as good as the Lakers. The same whining we hear every single year. Seems you’ve bought into all of the excuses. :laugh:

Lakers are this dominate they should repeat next year then. If they do then I might give them this Championship.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not every night like this. Maybe it's the lack of fans. Lebron is super comfortable.

Lakers are this dominate they should repeat next year then. If they do then I might give them this Championship.
Frankly I don’t think they care what you ‘give’ them. They’re going to be the Champs and deservedly so as they steamrolled everyone else. A most deserving champion!
Like I said there’s always a few malcontents every year.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
With PER, as long as you shoot over 31%, the more you score, the more your PER will increase. Doesn't seem like a very good metric for efficiency.

So a player could take every shot for his team, shoot 40%, have a PER of like 55, and lose almost every game.

no all encompassing metric is.
But Davis has been efficient in this series, this playoffs, and is the finals MVP so far and most people would agree.
People just criticize it saying it's the only stat people use. When it is comparing types of players.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

19-20 regular season and playoff team PPG is nearly identical to last season

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I would say the 3 ball has added to the final score especially this season.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Frankly I don’t think they care what you ‘give’ them. They’re going to be the Champs and deservedly so as they steamrolled everyone else. A most deserving champion!
Like I said there’s always a few malcontents every year.
That's not very exciting basketball. That doesn't get remembered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad