NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread II

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The Lakers have won 5 of the 6 quarters so far these Finals.

The only quarter they didn't win was the 4th quarter of Game 1, when it was clearly garbage-time.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Is this series basically gonna be like the 8-2 TB/NYI game but on repeat?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lebron ain’t getting finals MVP
Agreed. I think he’ll be happy with another title though for his legacy. It’s kind of like Shaq and Kobe with the younger guy stepping up but the older guy still dominant as well. Barring injury the Lakers could very well repeat next year as well and that would push his championship record up another notch.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Don’t be so sure. Bron is averaging 29-11-9 rn in this series. He outscored AD in gm 2 and added 9 rbs and 9 assist and 0 turnovers. I’ll be happy for whoever wins, but it’s closer than some people might believe so far.

It is is clear through 2 games.
he may have outscored Davis by 1 point but he took 5 more shots to do so.
Davis's PER is next level through 2 games
1) Davis - 39.1
2) James - 33.6
3) Butler - 29.0
--his per 48 is better in most areas
--His wins share percentage is better
--His true shooting percentage is better is soooo much better

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

EjcwpKjXYAAe4T-

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Not really. Probably just the total of sour Celtic, Houston and a few other would be contenders’ fans. I’m actually surprised it’s that low. :laugh:

It's probably way higher tbh. I didn't vote and I think it is. I don't think it's good for a league if at least 20% of their fans think a Championship is illegitimate.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's probably way higher tbh. I didn't vote and I think it is. I don't think it's good for a league if at least 20% of their fans think a Championship is illegitimate.
I expect you’d get at least 15% who would have said the same thing during the Golden State years. The reality is that the Lakers are so dominant right now that it wouldn’t make a lot of difference what the conditions are. I strongly suspect they will repeat again next year and the same 15% to 20% won’t see it as legitimate.
I don’t have any issue with any team who wins under these gruelling conditions. Tampa Bay and LA are both great and legitimate champs to fight through all of this adversity and maintain their drive and focus.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I expect you’d get at least 15% who would have said the same thing during the Golden State years. The reality is that the Lakers are so dominant right now that it wouldn’t make a lot of difference what the conditions are. I strongly suspect they will repeat again next year and the same 15% to 20% won’t see it as legitimate.
I don’t have any issue with any team who wins under these gruelling conditions. Tampa Bay and LA are both great and legitimate champs to fight through all of this adversity and maintain their drive and focus.

Ehh, hockey is different. Those teams who made the real playoffs obviously wanted to be there and win. You see Austin Rivers comments? The way the Lakers are dominating this why wouldn't they repeat next year if this year was legit??

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ehh, hockey is different. Those teams who made the real playoffs obviously wanted to be there and win. You see Austin Rivers comments? The way the Lakers are dominating this why wouldn't they repeat next year if this year was legit??
Yeah. Sour grapes like I said. I’m genuinely shocked there’s only 20% whining about it.
Anyways, I don’t think there’s any legitimate debate that the Lakers are legitimate champs. Just the usual complaining we read about almost every year no matter who wins. I think you’re tilting at windmills here.
That’s my last post on this as we're going in circles and unlikely to agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad