NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread II

Sep 19, 2008
"But the NBA has received acclaim and kudos for how woke they are removing the term 'owner' and other progressive shit like that."

:laugh:

I mean, this league patted themselves so many times on the back about how progressive and open and embracing of politics they were, but when the subject of China came up they all suddenly stopped being so open. Have some balls. Don't just be a stooge. "We want to bring awareness of social issues but when it comes to China we need to bow down to their massive dollars." Smh

No other league in the world brags about how socially aware they are than the NBA, and NOW they want to take the messages off?

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck
Sep 19, 2008
No, I am saying Lakers can’t get AD if Lebron didn’t decide he wants to make movies.
It's his right to improve his team. The Lakers were beyond terrible last year.

Maybe if the Knicks were more proactive towards improving their team they'd actually win something for once.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's still true. He played most of 2018-19 before he sat out the remaining games after the Lakers were eliminated.

For the Lakers to go from the shitshow they were in 2018-19, with the awful offseason they had (flirting with Lue, not signing lue, signing Vogel with Kidd as assistant, conjecture about Kidd possibly being coach) to starting off strong in 2019-20 and making everyone forget about the "Rambis bias" in the offseason (yes, I pored over the old Lakers thread like f*** for material), it's incredible

A stunning transformation
It's not in the slightest.
upload_2020-10-7_11-0-7.png

upload_2020-10-7_11-1-12.png

2 totally different rosters. The Lakers don't have 1 player that they drafted. Perfect example of how to buy a championship.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-7_11-0-53.png
    upload_2020-10-7_11-0-53.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It's his right to improve his team. The Lakers were beyond terrible last year.

Maybe if the Knicks were more proactive towards improving their team they'd actually win something for once.
Not a Knicks fan. Nice try though.

not mad at Bron. I am mad that that idiot Pelinka gets a title in his resume. Along with dumbass Buss kids.

Sep 19, 2008
Davis would not go anywhere else so NO had to move him for something. Lakers wanted to win right away hence giving up so much.
You're not pointing out anything wrong ethically or morally. And this hardly constitutes buying a title.

He wasn't winning in NO. He had one playoff appearance. NO wans't building around him. Why wouldn't he want to leave?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
You're not pointing out anything wrong ethically or morally. And this hardly constitutes buying a title.

He wasn't winning in NO. He had one playoff appearance. NO wans't building around him. Why wouldn't he want to leave?
No one said lakers bought the title. Busses are too poor and stupid (compared to other NBA owners) to do that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
"But the NBA has received acclaim and kudos for how woke they are removing the term 'owner' and other progressive shit like that."

:laugh:

I mean, this league patted themselves so many times on the back about how progressive and open and embracing of politics they were, but when the subject of China came up they all suddenly stopped being so open. Have some balls. Don't just be a stooge. "We want to bring awareness of social issues but when it comes to China we need to bow down to their massive dollars." Smh

No other league in the world brags about how socially aware they are than the NBA, and NOW they want to take the messages off?

Maybe they finally realized the hypocrisy. Or they realized ratings are down and most people want sports to be their own thing, separate from other events.

Not a Knicks fan. Nice try though.

not mad at Bron. I am mad that that idiot Pelinka gets a title in his resume. Along with dumbass Buss kids.

Curious why you think Pelinka is an idiot?

Also, I've only ever heard good things about Jeannie Buss. I may agree that her brothers aren't the smartest but I think labelling them all as dumbasses is a bit too much.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Also, I've only ever heard good things about Jeannie Buss. I may agree that her brothers aren't the smartest but I think labelling them all as dumbasses is a bit too much.
If Buss kids were smart Lakers would not have been so bad for so long.

By their standards.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
morris and and howard were bought out by their previous teams. both are on vet min deals if i'm not mistaken.

green applies but he's been about as good as for the raps in the finals last year.
Being bought out in the NBA means nothing. Morris and Howard want to win so they would take a minimum salary to do so.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Did it set them back? Yes. Years? no. Thats incompetence.
terrible decisions by the FO played a role and bad luck too, but it all started with the vetoed deal

they could've had cp3, kobe, and still had the assets to trade for dwight. instead they trade for 40 year old nash who immediately suffered a career ending injury and dwight coming off major back surgery who was unmotivated and didn't even want to be there

gasol should've been dealt after the 12-13 season but instead they let him walk for nothing

kobe's last contract kept them from having two max player spots and they were turned down by numerous big name FAs during those years anyways

kupchak throwing millions to guys like deng and mozgov

missing out on the #1 pick 3 years in a row. could've had the chance to draft guys like KAT and simmons

if the cp3 trade had gone through, a lakers team with cp3-kobe-dwight would've continued to be a title contender for at least a few seasons

Sep 19, 2008
it's clear how biased some people here are against the Lakers

The Lakers never brought a championship in 2020

The Lakers are just better than everyone else

GSW and Miami and Boston brought championships. Spare me your sob stories. If you want to argue about parity fine, I'm open to that. One reason I hate the NBA is lack of parity. One reason ratings are constantly down is parity. But don't say the Lakers brought a championship because that's not true.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
it's clear how biased some people here are against the Lakers

The Lakers never brought a championship in 2020

The Lakers are just better than everyone else

GSW and Miami and Boston brought championships. Spare me your sob stories. If you want to argue about parity fine, I'm open to that. One reason I hate the NBA is lack of parity. One reason ratings are constantly down is parity. But don't say the Lakers brought a championship because that's not true.
It is also clear how blind some people are.

What Miami did was buy a title. What Boston did was buy a title but under different circumstances.(older vets outside of their prime). What golden state did was not buy a championship. Golden State was already the Champion and they added a one of the best players as a free agent.

The Lakers in 2 years added:
Rondo
Morris
Lebron
Davis
Green
Howard

McGee
Cook
Waiters

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It is also clear how blind some people are.

What Miami did was buy a title. What Boston did was buy a title but under different circumstances.(older vets outside of their prime). What golden state did was not buy a championship. Golden State was already the Champion and they added a one of the best players as a free agent.

The Lakers in 2 years added:
Rondo
Morris
Lebron
Davis
Green
Howard

McGee
Cook
Waiters
exactly, that's not buying a title. that's called roster management

Ad