NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread II

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Congrats to the Lakers. Better and more talented team won. Only part I'm bitter about is that circus clown Dwight getting a ring but what can you do. Good for LeBron.

Miami showed a lot this season. Getting to the finals again won't be easy but I do expect them to keep getting better. Butler showed you can with him and guys like Bam and Herro are only getting started. The plan was always building towards the summer of 2021 and they're well ahead of schedule.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
GTFO. It's funny that you seem to have a problem with Boston trading for Garnett and Allen but zero problems with the Lakers trading for Davis. :shakehead

I think the main gripe he's referring to with the "collusion" comment is that a former Celtic who was GM in Minnesota took a clearly lesser package from his old team for Garnett than what was being offered by LAL. If it'd been almost any other GM in charge who had no particular feelings towards the Celtics, KG most likely ends up in LA with Kobe.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
GTFO. It's funny that you seem to have a problem with Boston trading for Garnett and Allen but zero problems with the Lakers trading for Davis. :shakehead

I think the main gripe he's referring to with the "collusion" comment is that a former Celtic who was GM in Minnesota took a clearly lesser package from his old team for Garnett than what was being offered by LAL. If it'd been almost any other GM in charge who had no particular feelings towards the Celtics, KG most likely ends up in LA with Kobe.

I honestly think that whole " McHale doing his buddy a favor " thing is complete BS. I just can't see any GM trading away his only star player and put his job on the line just to help out a former teammate. If it is true then McHale was an idiot and deserved to be fired immediately. I can't remember what the Lakers reportedly offered but Boston definitely traded away some good pieces. Boston traded 2 1st round picks in the 2009 NBA Draft ( Minnesota re-acquired their own 2009 picked and drafted Johnny Flynn at #6 and Wayne Ellington at #28 ) plus Al Jefferson who was Boston's best young player and a rising star in the league. Boston also sent 2 pretty good players to Minnesota ( Ryan Gomes and Gerald Green ) along with some garbage ( Theo Ratliff and Sebastian Telfair ) to help match up the salaries. Another thing to consider - Garnett was 31 when he was traded to Boston while Davis was only 26 at the time of his trade to the Lakers.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I honestly think that whole " McHale doing his buddy a favor " thing is complete BS. I just can't see any GM trading away his only star player and put his job on the line just to help out a former teammate. If it is true then McHale was an idiot and deserved to be fired immediately. I can't remember what the Lakers reportedly offered but Boston definitely traded away some good pieces.

The Lakers' offer was centered around Bynum and Odom.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Bittersweet for me. I've been a Lakers fan my entire life (34 years old). Shaq and Kobe era was the best for me. So I'm happy we've won another title but I really REALLY hate lebron james. I've never been a fan of him. I think hes a chump. I didn't like him early in his career but what sealed the deal was when he signed to Miami and they had a championship celebration before they ever played a game. Calling themselves the big 3. The whole "not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8." pretty much declaring they were gonna steam roll the league and be unstoppable. They needed a shortened season to win their first championship. Lol. I hate the flopping and the me me me attitude. He cries to the ref after every single play. Just the worst type of athlete.

Go Lakers.

Reactions: Stylizer1

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
That was so exciting! It's like nobody saw that happening!! Everything with Kobe and players not wanting to play and Lebron forcing them. I never saw this happening. Up 30 at one point in a close out game. Awesome product!!

giphy.gif

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
aside from winning it for kobe, the best part is that they've tied boston for the most titles in NBA history

imagine if you had told someone that back in the 60s or 70s

I like it cause it completely erases Celtics fans only rebuttal/talking point of "17 TITLES! WE HAVE 1 MORE THAN THE LAKERS!!!"

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I like it cause it completely erases Celtics fans only rebuttal/talking point of "17 TITLES! WE HAVE 1 MORE THAN THE LAKERS!!!"

Did somebody from Boston beat you up in high school even after you gave them your lunch money ???? You're actually pathetic at this point. :thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad