NFL: 2020 Hot Seat Thread

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Not that I know for sure, but people keep telling me that Norton is a proxy for whatever Pete wants to do. So is this really on Pete, who just signed an extension through 2025 yesterday?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Contract extensions do not guarantee job security

They don't under normal circumstances, agreed but Carroll is also a team executive and presumably Schneider's boss.
Then there's the part where they were responsible for the best era in franchise history, by a mile which buys a lot of leeway. I figure Pete has a job until he himself says otherwise.

He's also loyal to his guys which is why Norton will be around until the offseason at least. He doesn't seem good at making adjustments in game and probably deserves to go even if his guys "love him".

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
At this point most likely to see teams ride it out. Which assistant or coordinator would a team replace their current HC with? Not bringing in an outsider at this point. Will conduct a full search once the season ends.

chicago, Detroit, Lynn, etc who would take over for them that if they get fired?
Chargers job is probably the best job out there, assuming Lynn gets canned (he will). I think Eric Bieniemy should take that job.

Reactions: OmniCube

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hopefully he is truly allowed to call it with no interference

We have seen in past around league where coach almost immediately gets back involved or even retakes calling when things are not going well or simply because they cant stand not having control

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bill Lazor? Get ready for 3 straight goal line fade calls to Allen Robinson on every ****ing red zone trip.

God he was such a hack in Miami. A guy who strongly refused to use his QB's strengths too.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wish McCaskey's didn't have that no firing in season policy

If there was ever a time to pull plug on mistakes its now with no fans in stands and season over

At least it would show fans a new day is coming

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

First time the Lions have been shut out in the Stafford era too.

There's no way Patricia should survive the season let alone go into next season as the coach.

XFL legend PJ Walker threw 2 HORRID redzone INTs and somehow the Panthers still win by 20.

I was watching redzone and i initially misread the score on the ticker and was like "well of course the Lions won 20-0, the Panthers were starting some nobody." Imagine my surprise when i seen it again and read it properly.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

First time the Lions have been shut out in the Stafford era too.

There's no way Patricia should survive the season let alone go into next season as the coach.

XFL legend PJ Walker threw 2 HORRID redzone INTs and somehow the Panthers still win by 20.

I was watching redzone and i initially misread the score on the ticker and was like "well of course the Lions won 20-0, the Panthers were starting some nobody." Imagine my surprise when i seen it again and read it properly.

As a defensive coach you expected him to attack the QB like BB makes all young QBs he faces.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
The Detroit press has been openly gunning for Patricia's (and Quinn's) head even before today's loss. The Lions can always be counted on for an unpleasant surprise, but this should be Patricia's last game. The only thing which could help him keeping his job is the fact that the Lions should fire their GM, OC and DC as well.

Gruß,
BSHH

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

See, when a team cans a coach with an admittedly limiting ceiling generally they hire a guy who is better.

They won't fire him though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

See, when a team cans a coach with an admittedly limiting ceiling generally they hire a guy who is better.

They won't fire him though.

Caldwell's available, they could always get him back.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
With Patricia, Quinn, and BOB gone the remaining guys who should be on the hot seat for me are Gase, Lynn, and Marrone who I have a seriously hard time seeing back with their teams next season, and Nagy, Pederson, and Zimmer who probably still get another shot.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
With Patricia, Quinn, and BOB gone the remaining guys who should be on the hot seat for me are Gase, Lynn, and Marrone who I have a seriously hard time seeing back with their teams next season, and Nagy, Pederson, and Zimmer who probably still get another shot.

I'd keep an eye on Fangio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad