NFL: 2020 Hot Seat Thread

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I've been told that Mike Tomlin is a terrible coach and needs to be fired this off season if the Steelers don't win it all.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
I've been told that Mike Tomlin is a terrible coach and needs to be fired this off season if the Steelers don't win it all.
those crazy yinzers :laugh:

if they meet the chiefs in playoffs and lose they'll call for him to be fired. Even though they have a promising future.

Reactions: Khelandros

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unless the Steelers bottom out, Tomlin is staying in Pittsburgh as long as he wants to be.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Yinzers hatred for Tomlin never ceases to confuse me.

While he definitely has his shortcomings. He has never posted a single losing season in his 13 year tenure. And there were some really, really ****ing bad teams in his tenure.

Last year was probably some of his best work considering they started absolute trash at QB for like 14/16 games they played.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And there will probably be a bottoming out to some degree when Big Ben retires, but Tomlin has earned the chance to be part of the next QB search.
I would say it’s more likely they don’t bottom out. They never did before Roethlisberger.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Yinzers hatred for Tomlin never ceases to confuse me.

While he definitely has his shortcomings. He has never posted a single losing season in his 13 year tenure. And there were some really, really ****ing bad teams in his tenure.

Last year was probably some of his best work considering they started absolute trash at QB for like 14/16 games they played.
LOL if you've followed the Penguins, many of their fans wanted to fire Sullivan not even a full season after he won back to back Cups. Granted the real problem is their senile GM but yinzers have never been kind to any of their coaches. They treat every one of their franchises like they're the Pirates.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Panthers sacked GM Marty Hurney.
Not a Carolina follower. How long was he there for? Figure Rhule gets a major say in who they hire.

if he was there before Rhule why keep him? Kind of like the raiders and McKenzie if that is the case when they brought Gruden back.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not a Carolina follower. How long was he there for? Figure Rhule gets a major say in who they hire.

if he was there before Rhule why keep him? Kind of like the raiders and McKenzie if that is the case when they brought Gruden back.

Originally from 2002-2012 but was brought back in 2017 as a temporary replacement for Gettleman. His "temporary" stint lasted longer than some full-time tenures.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Originally from 2002-2012 but was brought back in 2017 as a temporary replacement for Gettleman. His "temporary" stint lasted longer than some full-time tenures.
Ok. Then seems odd that he wasn’t replaced last year. As long as he and Rhule were on the same page with the draft and free agents.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Tomlin is a good coach no denying that, but always the bridesmaid.

tomlin.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad