NFL: 2020 Hot Seat Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Fangio might deserve to be on the hot seat, I just have a hard time seeing the Broncos move on from him after 2 years after only 2 years of Kubiak and 2 years of Joseph.
If Elway is still there he won’t waste time if that’s what he decides. If he’s not, Fangio is probably gone anyways. The Broncos have to deal with Mahomes for the foreseeable future, so they going to need to score more points.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Was not on the Matt Nagy hot seat train previously but now I am. Just an inexcusable game to lose and a pathetic collapse after starting out 5-1.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think Fangio might deserve to be on the hot seat, I just have a hard time seeing the Broncos move on from him after 2 years after only 2 years of Kubiak and 2 years of Joseph.

Elway should be canned to. The Post-Manning years have been awful and 5 years after the Sheriff retired hes failed to land a adequate replacement.

Elsewhere, I expect Pederson to be gone this week.

Pace has to go as well

Mitch was his QB and Nagy was his guy to coach him up

Both have been disasters

Also his QB he decided to pick over Watson + Mahomes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I would fire him tomorrow as well given the continual botches on special teams just aren't excusable at the NFL level, but i have a feeling he survives the season.

He's gone as soon as black monday comes though

Reactions: PanthersPens62

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Called a blitz on a Hail Mary.

Do I need to say more?
One thing to bring 4/5 in a Hail Mary to limit the time the QBs has to bye himself time for the receivers to get into position.

but you don’t call an all out blitz. And that DB biting on a stop at the 30?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And by this time next year you’ll be calling for the new coach’s head

To be fair he got it right with calling Nagy a hack in year 1.

I'm still a firm believer the double double drove him to madness and led him to try to find faults in the team where they weren't any

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Gruden did not have 7 more years left and Mark Davis wasn't dirt poor, would he be on hot seat?
Rebuild from scratch basically. Should have canned McKenzie right off the hop.

Defence is still a mess.

offence moves the ball but deep in the red zone between the 5-10 yard lines they have trouble punching it in for TDS.

free agent signings have been a swing and miss.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Almost everyone who was on the team in 2017 is straight up out of the league. There’s only six guys left from that team currently on the team. Other than one guy all the picks in 2018 were terrible too. They fired the scouting department the day before the 2018 draft and everyone threw a fit, but clearly they were right.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Doubt it. 4-12 followed by 7-9. Probably beat Broncos and finish 8-8. This was never going to be a quick fix.
Top 3 picks from 2017 draft who should be in year 4 of their rookie deal, none are on the roster and the 2nd and 3rd rounder gone before last season I believe and Conley was moved early last year too. Year before that they let Karl Joseph go in free agency.
Next season has to be a PO year. Won’t be easy with KC and LAC with the 2nd most talented QB in the division. North is stacked. East will see Bills and Dolphins as the top dogs next season. South have the Titans and see what Indy does at QB.

that’s 9 teams and the raiders competing for 7 spots. And who knows what NE is or what Houston is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad