GDT: 2020 HHOF Inductions June 24 - Alfredsson's 4th attempt. Start post #206

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Hossa is still an active player.
Correct but he’s been inactive for 3 years now, Jagr is still playing professionally so he won’t be eligible for another 3 years; that’s assuming he doesn’t play next year of course.
It’s the same reason Datsyuk still isn’t eligible even though he’s been out of the league for 4 years now.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
LOL. Was Lowe ever even a top 5 player on his on his own team during his career? I'm not going to break it down but I'm guessing the answer is a resounding "no!". This is pathetic.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
LOL. Was Lowe ever even a top 5 player on his on his own team during his career? I'm not going to break it down but I'm guessing the answer is a resounding "no!". This is pathetic.

Like Mark Messier said “we knew if we stuck around Wayne Gretzky special things will happen.”

Lowe was a stud, true leader, played to win. HOF - hard to argue with resume

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Player 1: 1330 games, 240 goals, 1070 points
Player 2: 1306 games, 393 goals, 1041 points
Player 3: 1082 games, 337 goals, 960 points
Player 4: 1246 games, 444 goals, 1157 points

People are talking about 3 of these guys as "locks", but the guy with the best numbers who maintained a high level of play for the longest period of time isn't in after 5 years.

Makes no sense.

Even Hossa. I get that he won a cup, but he did so by navigating his way to big-market, already good teams. Didn't work in Pittsburgh. Didn't work in Detroit. Worked in Chicago.

Good for him, but Alfredsson is getting punished for staying loyal to a small-market organization instead of ring chasing.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
id take Theo Fleury on my team over Marty St Louis.

HOF doesn’t want him in because it would be a call to clean up the culture of hockey so kids don’t get abused by their coaches and hockey has shown it’s not ready to do that - Fleury got everything he could out of hockey and was a treat to watch.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Like Mark Messier said “we knew if we stuck around Wayne Gretzky special things will happen.”

Lowe was a stud, true leader, played to win. HOF - hard to argue with resume

If the Hall wants to make an exception and just induct a whole team like the Oilers then go ahead. Individual players of Lowe's ilk have no place in the HHOF.

On those Oilers Cup teams that I watched growing up Lowe was at best the 7th best player on the team and was usually the third best defenseman.

Just my two cents but I don't care how much leadership you have, that's simply being carried by better players.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Player 1: 1330 games, 240 goals, 1070 points
Player 2: 1306 games, 393 goals, 1041 points
Player 3: 1082 games, 337 goals, 960 points
Player 4: 1246 games, 444 goals, 1157 points

People are talking about 3 of these guys as "locks", but the guy with the best numbers who maintained a high level of play for the longest period of time isn't in after 5 years.

Makes no sense.

Even Hossa. I get that he won a cup, but he did so by navigating his way to big-market, already good teams. Didn't work in Pittsburgh. Didn't work in Detroit. Worked in Chicago.

Good for him, but Alfredsson is getting punished for staying loyal to a small-market organization instead of ring chasing.

Gonna be hilarious when a guy like Toews gets in the first time despite Alfredsson clearly being a better hockey player.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Alfie should be in right now! This just show how much irrelevant the Ottawa Senators are, but nothing new here, its been like this since 1993!

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I don't understand how the Sedins are "locks", yet Alfredsson isn't in yet?

Alfredsson had better peak seasons, has better overall numbers, and had more team success. Is being twins that important?

Pretty much. Sadly, the "fame" in Hockey Hall of Fame means that there's a lot of focus on hype and fame level instead of merit.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Uniqueness because they’re twins? Cool. Should mean nothing in terms of the HOF.

Not saying they shouldn’t get in, but if they do, there is not a single reason why Alfredsson shouldn’t already be there.
It shouldn't but it will, just based on how much they stood out.

They both have impressive individual trophy cases that are more impressive than Alfie's though.

Reactions: Stylizer1

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Henrik winning the Hart and Art Ross puts him slightly ahead of Alfie, unfortunately. Alfie's induction is just a matter of time.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
International play comes into consideration and alfie was the 2006 olympics mvp. Scored most points.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Alfie was civil during his retirement speech. I don't think the hate is there as many put it. Personally, and solely my opinion... I think Alfredsson was dissapointed that EM and the organization for not giving him a chance at a cup in his final years. There is no anger.

Anyways... I am not going to sully this amazing day in Sens history. (hopefully Euge doesn't either).

Alfie hates him, just sayin’....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad