2020 HHOF Class (Iginla, Hossa, Wilson, Lowe, St-Pierre, Holland)

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
mogilny and fleury both come with baggage. AlMo's baggage came with bashing the media and making them look stupid so they'd make up (or exaggerate to the point of hyperbole) stories like a fear of flying. But his team loved him for it and it made him a leader.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Fleury won a cup in 89 & mogilny in 2000. & you can’t take away that mogilny was the first Russian captain in the NHL, and that fleury was the face of a franchise for almost 10 years.

When was Mogilny the "face of a franchise for almost 10 years"? The most amount of time he spent with one team was Buffalo - only six years, and he only led them in scoring once (during a year where he very clearly wasn't the best player on the team).

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
When was Mogilny the "face of a franchise for almost 10 years"? The most amount of time he spent with one team was Buffalo - only six years, and he only led them in scoring once (during a year where he very clearly wasn't the best player on the team).
i think hes talking about fleury there

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sundin never won a trophy in the nhl awards

NHL+Awards+Lunch+_gSi9hp-h0-x.jpg

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Hockey Hall of FAME.

Kevin Lowe isn't getting in for his ability or performance. He is getting in for being famous and in the old boys club.

The amount of luck someone has to have to get a free ride to 6 cups, and then go on to create nightmares for a franchise for many years even after retirement. Those "skills" are unmatched.

Jokes aside, I hope next class will be Luongo, Twins, and Alfredsson. The Cupless class.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Mogilny, Sedins, and Luongo.
I can’t see Bobby Lou making it on first ballot I think him and zetterberg go in eventually I’ll say Bobby Lou in 2023 & Hank in 2024 or 25, this next class I think will be Theoren fleury the sedins if they aren’t snubbed I could see them leaving the sedins out and putting tkachuk & JR in tkachuk deserves it as much as JR does they were both the faces of the coyotes from the late 90s until 2001. And I think mogilny goes in this year now if fleury doesn’t go in who replaces him I have two overlooked players Rod brindamour & Pierre turgeon.

Reactions: LuckyDay

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Lol absolutely not. Played in larger markets and therefore got more media attention. Hossa was never "the guy" on his team, he was always the 2nd or 3rd best player. Alfredsson was "the guy" on the Sens for an entire decade.

Because Hossa at his prime was on Teams with Crosby, Malkin, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zets, Toews, Kane, Keith etc of course he wasn’t the guy lol

all of these names are better than Alfie he wouldn’t be the guy on these teams either

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Because Hossa at his prime was on Teams with Crosby, Malkin, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zets, Toews, Kane, Keith etc of course he wasn’t the guy lol

all of these names are better than Alfie he wouldn’t be the guy on these teams either
Agreed, Alfie was always “one of the best” during his time playing, but never up “the best”.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Agreed, Alfie was always “one of the best” during his time playing, but never up “the best”.

Right up there though for 15 years of his career he was like third in points (sum). Not to mention his International career, second most Olympics played all time in hockey. Won gold and silver at Olympics, couple of silvers at Worlds.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I just don’t think the sedins are first ballot 2nd or 3rd if that.

The HHOF committee has made it very clear that they induct based on trophies and raw stats, especially those from the video game stat era (1980-1995). The Sedins are going to be inducted first ballot because the committee has no ability to put stats in context or conceive of the idea that better players could have played without winning trophies. The only reason that they wouldn't be inducted 1st ballot is if the committee first wants to induct 4 mediocre players from the 1980's who scored 1,000 points... but were probably no better than an Alex Tanguay or a Bill Guerin.

Reactions: wetcoast

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

He was also on a team with Alfredsson, who was better than him.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
The HHOF committee has made it very clear that they induct based on trophies and raw stats, especially those from the video game stat era (1980-1995). The Sedins are going to be inducted first ballot because the committee has no ability to put stats in context or conceive of the idea that better players could have played without winning trophies. The only reason that they wouldn't be inducted 1st ballot is if the committee first wants to induct 4 mediocre players from the 1980's who scored 1,000 points... but were probably no better than an Alex Tanguay or a Bill Guerin.
I mean tkachuk and Roenick deserve it imo they have no individual awards but tkachuk was an all star like three times in the late 90s

He's the 3rd highest scoring player of the 2000s

2000s NHL Scoring Leaders
That list makes no sense why the sedins should go in together they played in a not so big market like Vancouver, I mean big but not as big of a market like Minnesota Chicago or Detroit, and Daniel wasn’t even in the top 25 scorers of the 2000s he was 27th henrik was 19th.

The only players on that list that won’t make the hall in the top 40 are brunette, gaborik, Lang, jokinen, prospal, smyth, heatley, arnott, naslund, Richards & kovalchuk.

And savard won’t make it in guys like kovalev & demitra have an argument demitra was one of the biggest stars from Slovakia, & kovalev cuz he won the 1994 cup, & the 2009 all star game mvp.

And demitra also has a lady byng trophy.

Doug weight & Rod brindamour are top 60, brindamour has two selkes & a cup, Dougie weight has a cup and should’ve been a second team all star in 2001 but he was snubbed in favor of super Mario.

Roenick was top 125 along with chara I don’t think people would complain about them being inducted zetterberg was top 60 he’s not first ballot but he’ll get in for winning a cup & the conn smythe.

Mogilny was top 200 that should count for something.

Mogilny is ahead of Joey nieuwendyk in terms of scoring

Ray Whitney is top 30 and he’s never talked about he was a freaking journeyman and was an all star in 2012

You know who’s ahead of four hall of famers in the leading scorers of the 90s Vincent damphousse.

Mogilny is top 25 in scoring in the 90s he’s 21st.

Roenick is 12th among scoring leaders in the 90s

Dave Taylor is top 25 in scoring for the 80s and he’s never talked about under appreciated player.

Only three players in the top 20 80s scoring list aren’t in the hall of fame and they are Bernie nicholls, Brian propp & Bobby smith. All under appreciated guys.

Neal Broten & steve larmer are top 30 & they’ve been passed over before Mike modano, Neal Broten was USA’s first big superstar.

Rick Martin of the French connection line is top ten in 70s scoring and he’s not in 701 points guy was a beast for Buffalo.

Andy moog is top 5 in wins in the 80s imo he should be in the hall of fame he has 2 or 3 cups.

CuJo & richter are top 5 in wins during the 90s if that’s the case they should be in CuJo had over 450 wins, & richter had 301 wins

Beezer & Barrasso are top 9 they should be in Barrasso has 369 wins plus two cups & a vezina in 1984, beezer has 374 wins plus a vezina trophy in 1986,

Osgood was 10th among goalies in wins in the 90s 9th in the 2000s

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad