2020 HHOF Class (Iginla, Hossa, Wilson, Lowe, St-Pierre, Holland)

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Alfredsson doesn't deserve to be in imo. He was a good, even really good player but was he really great, or is it because he was the face of the franchise for so long? If he plays for 3-4 different teams I don't think he's in the conversation. Hossa however was the superior player. Weak year this year either way sans Iginla.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Alfredsson doesn't deserve to be in imo. He was a good, even really good player but was he really great, or is it because he was the face of the franchise for so long? If he plays for 3-4 different teams I don't think he's in the conversation. Hossa however was the superior player. Weak year this year either way sans Iginla.
Hossa wasn't a superior player imo

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Hossa was definitely not the superior player. Slightly better goal scorer but overall Alfredsson was the better offensively of the two, and was the team's best player for a decade. Hossa had the highest scoring rate on his team once in his entire career, Alfredsson did 9 times.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Hossa was definitely not the superior player. Slightly better goal scorer but overall Alfredsson was the better offensively of the two, and was the team's best player for a decade. Hossa had the highest scoring rate on his team once in his entire career, Alfredsson did 9 times.

Read yesterday over a 13 year period, he was 3rd or 4th overall in points in that time span, behind thornton and iginla I think.
Let alone being in 5 Olympics, only Selanne has more I think. Also in IHHF HHOF, its not the NHL HHOF ,its the hockey hall of fame.

Last edited:

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

Both were outstanding 2 way players. Alfie was always superior when they played together. Alfie outscored Hossa in less games (Hossa more goals though). But beyond scoring, Alfredsson was one of the hardest working forwards the league has seen and carried his team in a way Hossa never did on any of his teams. Hossa seems to get more recognition because A. He won cups and B. He isn't only associated with a disrespected franchise like Ottawa.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Can we stop the f***ing nonsense and put Jacques Demers in already?
As for players, well, Iginla is the lone very obvious player. Everone else would be a bottom-half HHOF, some with better cases than others. I'd probably put Fleury in before others for personnal reasons, but Fleury, Hossa and Alfie are in a group that, if one is in, they every other one should be.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Someone made a statistical comparison between eligible players and surprise surprise, Alfredsson is the 2nd most deserving after Iginla.

But he'll likely get shafted again because he played in one of the smallest markets in the league and people don't realize how good he was.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
But he'll likely get shafted again because he played in one of the smallest markets in the league and people don't realize how good he was.

From the Athletic (who conducted their own internal voting):

Jarome Iginla18 (Elected)
Alex Mogilny12
Marian Hossa12
Doug Wilson9
Mike Vernon4
Sergei Gonchar3
Jere Lehtinen2
Kevin Lowe2
Keith Tkachuk1
Theo Fleury1
Vincent Lecavalier1
Daniel Alfredsson0
Steve Larmer0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The Athletic's Hockey Hall of Fame committee: Who we elected...

At this point they are getting off on not electing him. Sean McIndoe basically admits it in the comments.

Does anyone honestly believe that if he were the same player in the same position in Montreal or Toronto that he'd be sitting on the sidelines?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Alex Mogilny12
Marian Hossa12
Doug Wilson9
Mike Vernon4
Sergei Gonchar3
Jere Lehtinen2
Kevin Lowe2
Keith Tkachuk1
Theo Fleury1
Vincent Lecavalier1
Daniel Alfredsson0
Steve Larmer0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

At this point they are getting off on not electing him. Sean McIndoe basically admits it in the comments.

Lmao Lecavalier and Lowe over Alfredsson, what the hell are they smoking?

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Someone made a statistical comparison between eligible players and surprise surprise, Alfredsson is the 2nd most deserving after Iginla.

Seriously, the numbers do show he belongs over others. Especially Mogilny.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Mogilny over Alfie is total nonsense. Like, absolutely total nonsense (even if he does belong in the discussion, as opposed to Vernon, Gonchar, Lowe, and Lehtinen (well, and Lecavalier, but he got zero votes).

It's cool to see Doug Wilson get some support, but... errhhmm... I don't think you could possibly get Wilson in today while keeping PK Subban out in 15 years.

Fleury, Hossa and Alfie aren't players that absolutely HAVE to be in, but players at their levels (...and lesser players) have been getting in for a while; so, if that level of player is getting in, might as well admit the best ones. None of these being kept out would be a travesty; just keep Mogilny, let alone Kevin f***ing Lowe out as well, otherwise you've been looking at the game the wrong way.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

Alex Mogilny12
Marian Hossa12
Doug Wilson9
Mike Vernon4
Sergei Gonchar3
Jere Lehtinen2
Kevin Lowe2
Keith Tkachuk1
Theo Fleury1
Vincent Lecavalier1
Daniel Alfredsson0
Steve Larmer0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Does anyone honestly believe that if he were the same player in the same position in Montreal or Toronto that he'd be sitting on the sidelines?
What a joke. Absolute joke.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Fleury from that NBC link
Here’s something in his favor, via TSN’S Steve Dryden: “Only 15 players in NHL history have averaged at least one point per game in both the regular season (min. 1,000 games) and playoffs (min. 75 games). Fourteen are in the HHOF.” That list includes Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic, Phil Esposito, Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe, and Mark Messier.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Alex Mogilny12
Marian Hossa12
Doug Wilson9
Mike Vernon4
Sergei Gonchar3
Jere Lehtinen2
Kevin Lowe2
Keith Tkachuk1
Theo Fleury1
Vincent Lecavalier1
Daniel Alfredsson0
Steve Larmer0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If playing in Toronto or Montreal makes it easier to get into the Hockey Hall of Fame, how come that hasn't happened yet for Curtis Joseph? I'm not saying he should be elected, just stating he last played in the NHL during the 2008-09 season and after waiting 3 years to be eligible he still hasn't got in.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018

Alex Mogilny12
Marian Hossa12
Doug Wilson9
Mike Vernon4
Sergei Gonchar3
Jere Lehtinen2
Kevin Lowe2
Keith Tkachuk1
Theo Fleury1
Vincent Lecavalier1
Daniel Alfredsson0
Steve Larmer0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Haha what the f***

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If playing in Toronto or Montreal makes it easier to get into the Hockey Hall of Fame, how come that hasn't happened yet for Curtis Joseph? I'm not saying he should be elected, just stating he last played in the NHL during the 2008-09 season and after waiting 3 years to be eligible he still hasn't got in.

Curtis Joseph is actually still very much in the discussion while a goalie with more hardware like Tom Barrasso is also sitting out.

I think Cujo is benefiting, not being penalized.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Didn't play enough seasons as a Leaf for that to take effect. It was close though

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

He was only with Toronto for 4 seasons.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Curtis Joseph is actually still very much in the discussion while a goalie with more hardware like Tom Barrasso is also sitting out.

I think Cujo is benefiting, not being penalized.
Even if Cujo is benefitting you can not say him playing in Toronto is the reason for that. If it was he would have got elected the first year he was eligible.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad