2020 HHOF Class (Iginla, Hossa, Wilson, Lowe, St-Pierre, Holland)

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
What about Gary roberts a journeyman if he doesn’t go in as a player he’ll certainly go in as a builder for training guys.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
reading the tsn headlines...If Hossa gets in before Alfie...that's a crime. And I love Hossa

And how...Alfredsson was a line-driver and a much better two-way player and had more success at the international level.
As much as I admire Hossa jumping teams to win a Cup (all athletes should do this, as winning a championship is the only metric, really...) his "mysterious" (to put it politely) illness where he suddenly became allergic to equipment he'd worn forever, leaves a bad taste in mouth.

Mogs in...because he defected mostly likely, and had that one peak season. Otherwise, yikes.

Reactions: Speatleysson

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I love both Alfie and Hossa, but the cups are an obvious argument in Hossa's favour.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
And how...Alfredsson was a line-driver and a much better two-way player and had more success at the international level.
As much as I admire Hossa jumping teams to win a Cup (all athletes should do this, as winning a championship is the only metric, really...) his "mysterious" (to put it politely) illness where he suddenly became allergic to equipment he'd worn forever, leaves a bad taste in mouth.

Mogs in...because he defected mostly likely, and had that one peak season. Otherwise, yikes.
I mean, it's been 4 years and you believe the nonsensical internet take that it was some sudden allergy vs a constant level of increasing steroids to lessen the allergies and he was known to mitigate it by not practicing so often that beat reporters called a veteran taking a day off practice a Hossa day.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm curious as to why you don't consider Jarome Iginla a surefire hall of famer.

He made the playoffs about half of his nhl seasons, put up good numbers, had a very long career.

I’m not sure what the definition of surefire is but to me it’s like calling someone a first ballot HOFer in baseball. I’m not sure Iginla is in that category but I would never argue against his inclusion.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
He made the playoffs about half of his nhl seasons, put up good numbers, had a very long career.

I’m not sure what the definition of surefire is but to me it’s like calling someone a first ballot HOFer in baseball. I’m not sure Iginla is in that category but I would never argue against his inclusion.

Is ''making the playoffs half of his NHL seasons'' something that you can really put on a single player? He came one game short of winning the cup with Craig Conroy as 2nd best forward. That is a weird thing to hold against him.

Bringing up his long career makes it sound like that's why he got in. He also had an elite peak. An Art Ross and Rocket winner, getting three Hart nominations and 4 all-star nods on the way. Add to that 2 olympic golds and a dominating physical presence in his prime. There's a good chance he was the first unanimous HOF selection since Brodeur.

I don't like using ''first ballot lock'' in hockey since there can technically be only 4 of them. But Iginla doesn't strike me as a borderline case. He's probably in the upper half of inductees, ahead of guys like Mike Modano, Dale Hawerchuk or Luc Robitaille.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Is ''making the playoffs half of his NHL seasons'' something that you can really put on a single player? He came one game short of winning the cup with Craig Conroy as 2nd best forward. That is a weird thing to hold against him.

Bringing up his long career makes it sound like that's why he got in. He also had an elite peak. An Art Ross and Rocket winner, getting three Hart nominations and 4 all-star nods on the way. Add to that 2 olympic golds and a dominating physical presence in his prime. There's a good chance he was the first unanimous HOF selection since Brodeur.

I don't like using ''first ballot lock'' in hockey since there can technically be only 4 of them. But Iginla doesn't strike me as a borderline case. He's probably in the upper half of inductees, ahead of guys like Mike Modano, Dale Hawerchuk or Luc Robitaille.

He can be ahead of all four of those guys and still be well into the lower half of the inductees but I don’t really want to spend time denigrating a guy I respect as a player. This year isn’t the greatest crop.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
He can be ahead of all four of those guys and still be well into the lower half of the inductees but I don’t really want to spend time denigrating a guy I respect as a player. This year isn’t the greatest crop.

That's all good. I was surprised to see St-Pierre seen as more deserving. I agree that the Hall forcing on inducting 4 players each year results in some middling classes. IMO It should have been Iginla, Hossa, St-Pierre.

Last edited:

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
It’s too bad they need to fill out the full class for the HOF inductees. Guys like Lowe and Hossa do not belong in the HOF. HOF is extremely watered down at this point.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
It’s too bad they need to fill out the full class for the HOF inductees. Guys like Lowe and Hossa do not belong in the HOF. HOF is extremely watered down at this point.

There is no "need to fill out the full class". There is a limit of four players per year, and while they've been reaching that max the past several years, they don't do it all the time, albeit not enough.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
There is no "need to fill out the full class". There is a limit of four players per year, and while they've been reaching that max the past several years, they don't do it all the time, albeit not enough.
Sure seems like they want to fill out as best they can each year. A lot of questionable choices going in.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They dont need to. In 2010 the only male player was Ciccarelli. 2008, 2006 and 2005 were also classes with only two players going in.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
They dont need to. In 2010 the only male player was Ciccarelli. 2008, 2006 and 2005 were also classes with only two players going in.
I’m not talking about need to because of the rule requirements. Seems like they are pressured to fill the spots out to make the event a bigger deal now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can we stop the f***ing nonsense and put Jacques Demers in already?
As for players, well, Iginla is the lone very obvious player. Everone else would be a bottom-half HHOF, some with better cases than others. I'd probably put Fleury in before others for personnal reasons, but Fleury, Hossa and Alfie are in a group that, if one is in, they every other one should be.

Its not some travesty that hes not in. He won a single cup with MTL and did have some good years with Detroit, but him not being in isn't anything to cry about.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Too bad you didn’t watch Hossa lol.
Watched plenty of Hossa. HOF should be for the elite of the elite is my point. Hossa was never even in consideration for best player in the league. One top 10 in Hart voting (he was #10), one top 5 in Selke voting (he was #5). HOF should be players who were at the very top of the game imo.

Reactions: PostBradMalone

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
My ballot this year is Theoren fleury, Keith tkachuk, Jeremy JR Roenick & mogilny if not Mogilny, tkachuk or Roenick & fleury my two backup picks are alfredsson & CuJo they never won a cup but iginla got in last year he never won a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad