2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hamilton has a time penalty. Might be as much as 10 seconds? (2 5 second penalties? Or maybe it just came through twice? I dunno)

This should make things a little more interesting at least.

Reactions: Khelandros

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hamilton has a time penalty. Might be as much as 10 seconds? (2 5 second penalties? Or maybe it just came through twice? I dunno)

This should make things a little more interesting at least.
2 separate 5 second penalties, no clue what the second one is for.

He can only serve one of them in the pits too, so he'll have to do that and then win by 5+ at the end, to actually win

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
2 separate 5 second penalties, no clue what the second one is for.

He can only serve one of them in the pits too, so he'll have to do that and then win by 5+ at the end, to actually win

Yeah that's why it's confusing. It's not entirely clear what the second one is for. It felt like just one incident but two penalties so it had to be two violations right? Meh. Who knows. Adds excitement at least.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah that's why it's confusing. It's not entirely clear what the second one is for. It felt like just one incident but two penalties so it had to be two violations right? Meh. Who knows. Adds excitement at least.
Both are for the same kind of violation, apparently he did it twice.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's concerning how long it took Albon to get passed the Williams and it only happened because Russell had a massive lockup.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I gotta say, as much hype as there is around him, Russell has a lot of very mediocre races.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Am I the only one that thinks it's getting kinda ridiculous how often Leclerc gets away with stuff that should be penalized or even investigated?

Punted Stroll today. Not even close to a racing move. He drove 2 laps without a seatbelt just a month ago. FIA doesn't acknowledge it. Dude has a damaged car that's shedding parts that fly back and rip Lewis' mirror off...nothing.

It goes on and on. Dude is immune.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks it's getting kinda ridiculous how often Leclerc gets away with stuff that should be penalized or even investigated?

Punted Stroll today. Not even close to a racing move. He drove 2 laps without a seatbelt just a month ago. FIA doesn't acknowledge it. Dude has a damaged car that's shedding parts that fly back and rip Lewis' mirror off...nothing.

It goes on and on. Dude is immune.
Incredible driver, but I agree.

Hamilton is also 2 penalty points away from missing a race.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
It's all just for his image and to make his achievements seem greater than they are.

A truly reprehensible man.

He can't stand that his ability isn't universally revered nearly as much as Michael's despite having a similar record. Michael was well known for his "shithousery" on the track but it's all this stuff which make fans dislike Lewis and he just doubles down on it.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Maybe we can come to a happy middle ground and Lewis gives one of those 5 second penalties to Leclerc for punting Stroll.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Did they ever show a good replay of that?

Honestly I don't remember it during the race. They just speculated it might have been Leclerc I think. Though admittedly the earlier start time and boring race had me zoning out a bit so maybe they did when I dozed off.

I had to hit up Twitter and Reddit to see it. Especially Leclerc's onboard.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It does look similar to the Hamilton-Albon crash in Austria, if not straight up identical. I was kinda surprised he wasn't given a penalty but I guess it being a lap 1 incident was the deciding factor.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's all just for his image and to make his achievements seem greater than they are.

A truly reprehensible man.

He can't stand that his ability isn't universally revered nearly as much as Michael's despite having a similar record. Michael was well known for his "shithousery" on the track but it's all this stuff which make fans dislike Lewis and he just doubles down on it.
It's an interesting strategy that the guy who's going to finish with loads more championships, race wins, pole positions, podiums... loads more of everything than everyone else, who's spent almost all his career in a car that's miles better than everything else on the grid, has to constantly play up to being the underdog.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Looking more and more like it's going to be Kimi (I thought he'd retire but sounds like he's close to a deal based on rumours) and Schumacher at Alfa next season.

This could be a bit of a try out for Shwartzman and Ilott though. Winner gets themselves a Haas seat because I'm naive and think this is the offseason Haas finally turns over both drivers.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Looking more and more like it's going to be Kimi (I thought he'd retire but sounds like he's close to a deal based on rumours) and Schumacher at Alfa next season.

This could be a bit of a try out for Shwartzman and Ilott though. Winner gets themselves a Haas seat because I'm naive and think this is the offseason Haas finally turns over both drivers.
Ilott is taking Grosjean's FP1 seat next race, and since Grosjean has a clause in his contract that he doesn't have to give up his FP time, he's definitely gone after this season. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad