2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Stroll unlucky, rear left probably blew up or suspension gave out.

I hope Mercs take each other out into turn 1 and Ricciardo wins.

He didn't change his speed like Hamilton's been accused of but rather looked like someone in the midfield f***ed it up. Need to have a closer look when this ends.
To me it looked like Magnussen and Giovinazzi were going too fast, someone braked in front of Magnussen and he braked & dodged whoever was in front of him, then Giovinazzi couldn't brake in time and smashed into Magnussen.

But yeah, Bottas did everything by the book. F2 had no issues in their restart when the leader did the same thing.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Last red flag changed the results a lot.

Ricciardo was looking good for a podium (Stroll and Albon were close though, so not 100% guaranteed).
Russell looked very safe at P9.
Raikkonen was nowhere near getting points.
Both Ferraris jumped to points.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think Lance would have eventually caught Ricciardo but Albon likely catches both but Stroll was looking great. Feel bad for him. Now I get to go read hundreds of comments saying he's trash again!

What a wild but also kinda boring race.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
f925de20860d0afcd30718371f4ed06f.png
11d2b89422cbb2cb33efc1c37f997c8c.png
2efec2322648b87209ab399bada00d07.png

That's Russell who, for whatever reason, has left a huge cap to Ocon in front. Then he starts accelerating and after realizing the cars in front hadn't gone yet had to slam on the brakes. If there's nothing more to it and that's just Russell backing off to gain an advantage I think he needs a hefty penalty. That's Spa 2012 levels of stupidity to me.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Our boy @JoVel with the hard evidence and I'm sure the stewards are looking into it as we speak.... hopefully.

And after reading the comments on Lewis and Racing Point's Instagram posts I'm now fairly convinced that F1 fans are the most toxic I've come across. Lordy.

Not you guys though. You're all solid people.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Also, F1 being as international a sport as it is leads to a lot of nationalists watching the sport and as a result, a good bunch of toxicity. Although who am I to judge, I used to turn the TV off as soon as Kimi and Mika were out of the race.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
f925de20860d0afcd30718371f4ed06f.png
11d2b89422cbb2cb33efc1c37f997c8c.png
2efec2322648b87209ab399bada00d07.png

That's Russell who, for whatever reason, has left a huge cap to Ocon in front. Then he starts accelerating and after realizing the cars in front hadn't gone yet had to slam on the brakes. If there's nothing more to it and that's just Russell backing off to gain an advantage I think he needs a hefty penalty. That's Spa 2012 levels of stupidity to me.
Good find.

Is that even legal (leaving space to the cars in front on purpose), isn't it like 5 cars length max? Surely Russell was more than 5 cars length away from Kvyat and Ocon..

Also, F1 being as international a sport as it is leads to a lot of nationalists watching the sport and as a result, a good bunch of toxicity. Although who am I to judge, I used to turn the TV off as soon as Kimi and Mika were out of the race.
I would guess you were a lot younger though?

I found F1 quite boring when I was younger (I don't have ADHD, but I was very energetic and had trouble staying still, obviously now I've calmed down), so I rarely watched full races, even when Mika and Kimi were in their prime. It was maybe around Kimi's championship year when I started to watch full races regularly, and then from like 2009 onwards I've watched pretty much every race.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoVel

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Good find.

Is that even legal (leaving space to the cars in front on purpose), isn't it like 5 cars length max? Surely Russell was more than 5 cars length away from Kvyat and Ocon..

I found a site that says the leader has to be within 10 car lengths from the safety car and all other cars have to be as tight as possible. I would be shocked if F1 rules said "as tight as possible" though.

Even if it's within the rules, stewards could easily just call it dangerous driving if they find Russell or whoever caused the situation.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

1:30. I think that all but confirms it.

Although it does kinda look like Kvyat left quite the gap as well, perhaps a bit unfair to put it 100% on Russell.

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Our boy @JoVel with the hard evidence and I'm sure the stewards are looking into it as we speak.... hopefully.

And after reading the comments on Lewis and Racing Point's Instagram posts I'm now fairly convinced that F1 fans are the most toxic I've come across. Lordy.

Not you guys though. You're all solid people.

You should've seen it when Rosberg was still there. According to Hamilton fans everything was a conspiracy and it was German driver bias and sabotage whenever something didn't go his way.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
You should've seen it when Rosberg was still there. According to Hamilton fans everything was a conspiracy and it was German driver bias and sabotage whenever something didn't go his way.

Fairly similar to what's going down with Racing Point now.

Sabotaging Perez etc etc. It's just wild to see people, who are presumably functioning members of society, sit down and be like "LOLOLOL daddy boy Stroll couldn't even control his car even with the team trying to f*** Checo over".

Like...there's actually people out there that think Lance just straight lost control? And are ignoring that until that he was fairly easily beating Perez?

And I can't even look at Lewis' comments anymore. For every nice comment there's just 300 vile racist ones.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
FIA has warned the following 12 drivers for inconsistent use of throttle and brakes on the restart.

Kevin Magnussen
Daniil Kvyat
Nicholas Latifi
Alexander Albon
Lance Stroll
Daniel Ricciardo
Sergio Perez
Lando Norris
Esteban Ocon
George Russell
Antonio Giovinazzi
Carlos Sainz

They have deemed that no one driver is wholly or primarily to blame.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I don't think anyone in particular is really to blame and it's just an unfortunate incident.

The actual collision itself happened because Latifi was going much faster than Magnussen so moved over to the left and Giovinazzi didn't see him until Latifi pulled out of the way so ploughed into the back of him

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Now let's just get Sochi out of the way and we'll have a great sequence of races. Nurburgring, Portimao, Imola, Istanbul, the two races in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.

Although we now have a 2 week break till Sochi, followed by a two week break till Nurburgring and yet another two week break till Portimao. How the hell are we supposed to handle that?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
MotoGP is pretty interesting this year due to Marquez being out with injury. 5 different winners in 6 races. Dovizioso is currently leading the championship, he is currently without a contract for 2021 and looks like none of the big teams have a spot for him.

They're racing again this weekend and also the following weekend.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Two weeks until the next race and my copy of F1 2020 arrived. Thank god for that.

Now. To sign Latifi as my teammate as to ensure I never lose a teammate battle....

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Two weeks until the next race and my copy of F1 2020 arrived. Thank god for that.

Now. To sign Latifi as my teammate as to ensure I never lose a teammate battle....
If you want a real challenge try to build such a good team you can make Raghunathan the champ.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
MotoGP is pretty interesting this year due to Marquez being out with injury. 5 different winners in 6 races. Dovizioso is currently leading the championship, he is currently without a contract for 2021 and looks like none of the big teams have a spot for him.

They're racing again this weekend and also the following weekend.

9 races in 11 weekends.

MotoGP this year has the most interesting championship out of any racing championship I've ever seen. And it's been 20+ years of F1 and MotoGP.

Every race it feels like anybody could win and the 2nd team of manufacturers are more successful than the official ones lol

No doubt that if the GOAT was not injured it would be a landslide for him though

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011

It really annoys me that Latifi's AI is really slow even in F2, really hurts the realism for me when he's going to be the other guy moving up to F1 in my career mode. Jordan King and Matsushita seem to be the consistently quickest AI in the F2.

For the MyTeam side of things I've created a Renault junior team and called them Alpine, and am going to focus resources on developing the number 2 driver. I've gone with Anthoine Hubert to start with and will try to make him good enough to move him onto another team, will then go and sign a different Renault junior like Zhou if I can.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I started a My Team but I don't really like what I did so I'll probably restart it to be like what @Siamese Dream did and maybe create a sister/junior team situation.

I did start career mode because I wanted to do a full f2 season. Have you guys found the AI is significantly worse in this game? I have the slider at 85 right now and I'm still qualifying 1.5 seconds ahead of everybody.

In F1 2019 that wasn't even close to the case.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I started a My Team but I don't really like what I did so I'll probably restart it to be like what @Siamese Dream did and maybe create a sister/junior team situation.

I did start career mode because I wanted to do a full f2 season. Have you guys found the AI is significantly worse in this game? I have the slider at 85 right now and I'm still qualifying 1.5 seconds ahead of everybody.

In F1 2019 that wasn't even close to the case.
In F1 2019 I had to lower my career mode difficulty by around 5 points because for whatever reason as I upgraded the car my teammate got faster compared to me. No idea whether that was because I sucked with the faster cars or if it's just a bit of a glitch in the game. I still used higher difficulty when doing races outside my career mode. I don't know, it's a bit random sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad