2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Sebastian Vettel! Come on down!

I know this is unpopular to say around F1 discussions but whatever. Lance Stroll has had a better season than Perez.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khelandros

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I know this is unpopular to say around F1 discussions but whatever. Lance Stroll has had a better season than Perez.
They've finished fairly close to each other in almost every race.

6th, 6th, 7th, WD, WD, 5th, 10th and 10th.
DNF, 7th, 4th, 9th, 6th, 4th, 9th and 3rd.

Hulkenberg finished 7th when Stroll finished 6th too.

Perez would've probably finished a couple spots higher in the last race, if Verstappen didn't force him off on lap 24, he had to start behind Ocon and Kvyat for the restart because of this. Also worth noting that Norris purposely slowing down at the pit entry enabled Bottas and Ricciardo to jump Perez. He was 4th before the pitstops.

Better? Sure. A clear gap between the two (+ Hulk)? Not really. And let's be honest, Stroll got once in a F1 career lucky with the red flag (I think it's complete BS that counts as a pitstop), he would've struggled to get points without it due to everyone else pitting already.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Stroll has been performing better. Not as much better as the gap in points would suggest but still better. I mean this podium came after a meh performance and a lucky red flag but he's got two best of the rest (Mercs and Max) finishes whereas Perez has zero. That's pretty inexcusable with the potential that car has and how highly Checo is regarded. Even with the point deduction I think they should be ahead of McLaren.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
MUST-SEE: Russell turns commentator as he gives fans a guided lap of Mugello over team radio | Formula 1®
Mugello should replace Vietnam. To me Vietnam doesn't have any real flow to it and will probably be another Monaco type race.

With Aston Martin now having confirmed the worst secret in F1, all I hope for now is that their Livery is British Racing Green.
We'll see about Hanoi. I don't think it's a particularly great track but I do think it has the potential to produce some entertainment. I mean is Baku a great racing track? Hell no, but it's been the venue of two of the best races in recent years.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If you aren't watching the lower categories yet, you're missing out on a lot of quality racing.

F3 last race of the season tomorrow:

Piastri - 160
Sargeant - 160
Pourchaire - 151

F2 has 3 weekends left after tomorrow:

Schumacher - 153
Ilott - 149
Shwartzman - 140
Lundgaard - 128
Mazepin - 127
Tsunoda - 123

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If you aren't watching the lower categories yet, you're missing out on a lot of quality racing.

F3 last race of the season tomorrow:

Piastri - 160
Sargeant - 160
Pourchaire - 151

F2 has 3 weekends left after tomorrow:

Schumacher - 153
Ilott - 149
Shwartzman - 140
Lundgaard - 128
Mazepin - 127
Tsunoda - 123
I wonder if Ferrari are gonna grab Pourchaire for their academy. He's currently in the Sauber academy which I got no clue what it even means, since one of Alfa's seats is for Ferrari anyway. Title or not I think he's been the most impressive driver on this F3 grid.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Schumacher really took my criticisms of him to heart. He's really come on strong towards the end of the season. He might actually be the best pick for Gio's seat next year.

Also Tsunoda, who I've been putting in the Alpha Tauri seat all year, is currently in a position where he WOULDN'T get his super license.

*Daniel Kyvat likes this*

Also. A late yellow flag at the end of Q3 is so damn terrible. Just ruins the whole thing.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sargeant threw away his chance at the title on lap 1, what a shame.

Idk if Piastri was playing it safe or what, but not exactly a sign of a true champion when he's stuck at P9/P10 for most of the race.

Pourchaire with another impressive race, probably didn't have the tyres left at the end to challenge Beckmann.

I wonder if Ferrari are gonna grab Pourchaire for their academy. He's currently in the Sauber academy which I got no clue what it even means, since one of Alfa's seats is for Ferrari anyway. Title or not I think he's been the most impressive driver on this F3 grid.
Sauber has had their own academy, and the team is still Sauber despite the re-branding. However they're so linked to Ferrari that you're basically part of the Ferrari academy if you're with Sauber, or at least from the way I look at it. Calderon was there for money, so she's the odd exception.

Maybe it has something to do with young drivers tests and spending time with the team? :dunno:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Bottas well within his right to back the pack up but that's a dangerous game there. Way, way too slow imo.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's f***ing incredible that there was a couple of restarts behind the safety car in F2 & F3, and some F1 teams are still clueless as to what the leading car is going to do at the restart. :facepalm:

Giovinazzi and Magnussen are most to blame.

Bottas well within his right to back the pack up but that's a dangerous game there. Way, way too slow imo.
He didn't pump the brakes though, consistent speed from the pit entry to the finish line.

Reactions: Khelandros

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He didn't change his speed like Hamilton's been accused of but rather looked like someone in the midfield f***ed it up. Need to have a closer look when this ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad