2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Renault has dropped their appeal against the Racing Point verdict.

Ferrari, seemingly uncomfortable with not being in the big 3 teams, seems to be moving forward still.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Is 20 worth getting. How much of an upgrade is it on 2019?

The career mode is a lot better, you can now do a full season of Formula 2 if you want before you go to F1 and without the annoying Weber/Butler storyline. And as mentioned above there's now the create a team career mode which is a massive addition.

Aside from that the physics engine seems to have changed a bit, the cars are slightly more tricky to drive. I especially noticed this with the fast chicane in Australia which was a lot harder to get right than in all the previous games going back to 2014

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I didn't hate the Weber/Butler storyline. The idea of actual team orders seems like a lot of fun to me tbh.

It was just barely scratching the surface of what it should be is the problem.

I still need to grab F1 2020. I usually get it from my girlfriend for my birthday...which was a week ago...so....me thinks I'm not getting it.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Speaking of F1 2020, I tried to search this on YT a couple days ago and came up empty. Does Kimi retire at the end of season 1 no matter what you do, or does he stay if you sign him to your team midway through the season?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Honestly out of every new addition this year this is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Unless my math is completely off the race should be 84 laps.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Watched some videos for the My Team mode, I think I would like it better if I could just manage the team like a principal instead of having to do all the driving. Other than that it looks pretty interesting so I'll have to pick it up.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't get why the stewards are there, everyone and their mother extended the last corner (among others, but that's the most obvious one) with all 4 wheels over the white line. They're clearly gaining time by doing it, otherwise why bother?

The whole point of track extending and corner cutting is that you aren't meant to gain time, so..

Reactions: Khelandros

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tsunoda's been on form recently, now got his first F2 feature race win after Mazepin's penalty. If he keeps it up it's inevitable that Kvyat's gonna get dropped for the billionth time from Red Bull.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I don't get why the stewards are there, everyone and their mother extended the last corner (among others, but that's the most obvious one) with all 4 wheels over the white line. They're clearly gaining time by doing it, otherwise why bother?

The whole point of track extending and corner cutting is that you aren't meant to gain time, so..

I remember watching one of the Esports races during lockdown which had a few of the F1 guys in it and they were doing China and were all going to Narnia on the final corner and the last corner of sector 2 leading onto that small straight :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Tsunoda's been on form recently, now got his first F2 feature race win after Mazepin's penalty. If he keeps it up it's inevitable that Kvyat's gonna get dropped for the billionth time from Red Bull.

.. He did derp a bit during the Sprint though.

Schwartzman and Tsunoda could all realistically make the jump next season. It wouldn't even be far-fetched to suggest Illott and Schumacher have an outside chance.

.. And I don't think those four are even the most gifted drivers in F2 this season (though Schwartzman has a very solid claim).

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Boring race to watch.

Seems like it's going to be a boring season with the level of domination from Mercedes.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
.. He did derp a bit during the Sprint though.

Schwartzman and Tsunoda could all realistically make the jump next season. It wouldn't even be far-fetched to suggest Illott and Schumacher have an outside chance.

.. And I don't think those four are even the most gifted drivers in F2 this season (though Schwartzman has a very solid claim).
I do hope that when/if Mick makes it to F1 it's on merit and not because of his last name. Right now I don't think Ferrari should promote him over either Shwartzman or Ilott.

I don't know how likely it is, but I hope there's also a Haas seat available for a Ferrari junior next year. But with the current state of that team I don't think that hiring a rookie is their favorite choice.

Vips also showed some promise on his debut in F2, but Red Bull not putting him in F2 full time seems to have cost him in hindsight. Knowing Red Bull's reputation I don't think Daruvala's position in their academy is very stable right now. I don't know what kind of backing Daruvala has from India though.

Reactions: DaveG

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Mick Schumacher getting an F1 seat next season would be bullshit. Potential is there. Obviously. But that's nothing more than a marketing ploy.

He's been a very clear #3 in the Ferrari driver Academy this season.

Tsunoda seems like a lock for the Alpha seat. Japanese driver. Japanese engine.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Claire Williams stepping down after Monza.

We're now entering an F1 era that doesn't involve the Williams family.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Claire Williams stepping down after Monza.

We're now entering an F1 era that doesn't involve the Williams family.
The last driver in the history of the true Williams team to win a grand prix will forever be Pastor Maldonado.

I mean that's assuming they don't win at Monza...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The last driver in the history of the true Williams team to win a grand prix will forever be Pastor Maldonado.

I mean that's assuming they don't win at Monza...

Haha don't talk crazy!

*Sits back and watches 18 cars involved in a wreck on turn 1*

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Aaaand the F3 quali was a huge clusterf*** yet again. I don't care how many warnings FIA gives to the F1 teams prior to it, Q3 is just a disaster waiting to happen, again.

What's preventing them to implement a one lap quali for singular races like Monza, Spa, and outer Bahrain? Especially if there's no chance of rain. I'm sure there are some regulations about changing the rules at the last moment but the Q3 mess of last year could easily be seen as a safety issue, so I'm sure they could overcome whatever rule there is in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad