2020 F1 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That amazing overtake on Perez right there must be enough for Albon to secure that RB seat!

I'm new to F1 but I have an irrational hatred for Albon. :laugh: Seems like a good guy and all but he should not have that seat.

Man if Grosjean was unconscious or too injured to lift himself out of the car I'd hate to think how things would have ended up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm new to F1 but I have an irrational hatred for Albon. :laugh: Seems like a good guy and all but he should not have that seat.

Man if Grosjean was unconscious or too injured to lift himself out of the car I'd hate to think how things would have ended up.
Albon is one of the loveliest guys on that grid, I don't think anyone's gonna disagree on that. It's just so frustrating to see a top seat get more or less wasted.

Reactions: DaveG

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Even with the halo, that could've been a fatal accident with pieces of the barrier sticking out like that. Good thing Grosjean walked away with minor injuries.

Probably the worst fire related on track accident since Berger in Imola '89.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Honestly when I saw the car snap in half I thought he had died then and there. I was confused because watching it live I thought there were two cars that went off in the same incident. So when they showed Grosjean alive I still wasn't sure there wasn't another driver still caught in the blaze (and snapped in half). Took me a while to realize it was all Grosjean's car and that he was able to walk away from it.

One of those moments that you can't really foresee happening until it does. These things are so rare that you start to think cars are indestructable. I've watched F1 since 1998 and can't think of a similar fireball on track. Jos Verstappen burst into flames on the grid once but I don't remember anything similar since then.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Even with the halo, that could've been a fatal accident with pieces of the barrier sticking out like that. Good thing Grosjean walked away with minor injuries.

Probably the worst fire related on track accident since Berger in Imola '89.

Its what this crash reminded me of, except Berger lost consciousness. What a great sight seeing Roman jumping out of the car on his own.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Honestly when I saw the car snap in half I thought he had died then and there. I was confused because watching it live I thought there were two cars that went off in the same incident. So when they showed Grosjean alive I still wasn't sure there wasn't another driver still caught in the blaze (and snapped in half). Took me a while to realize it was all Grosjean's car and that he was able to walk away from it.

One of those moments that you can't really foresee happening until it does. These things are so rare that you start to think cars are indestructable. I've watched F1 since 1998 and can't think of a similar fireball on track. Jos Verstappen burst into flames on the grid once but I don't remember anything similar since then.

Skip to 4:15.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...Urgh. I never saw the crash that claim Francois Cevert's life, but from what I was able to read on the topic, it was somewhat similar.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
...Urgh. I never saw the crash that claim Francois Cevert's life, but from what I was able to read on the topic, it was somewhat similar.
Cevert and Koinigg, back to back years at Watkins Glen lost their lives to pretty similar accidents. To think that the outcome could've easily been the exact same just three years ago is pretty shocking.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Taped the race and just watched it. Was surprised to see grojean jumping out of the car, seeing the car in 2 and the flames I thought he would of passed away. Great sight.

Reactions: DaveG

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Fittipaldi officially in for Grosjean for the Sakhir GP. Grosjean is apparently mentally dedicating himself to being back for Abu Dhabi and what will likely be his last race in Formula 1. Small scary details have come out about the crash - like the fact that Grosjean's entire visor melted after he was in the flames for 27 seconds.

In potential dominos for the Red Bull/Alpha Tauri seats, Yuki Tsunoda is currently 5th place in F2 with a small 8 point gap to Lundgaard in 6th. Tsunoda needs a 5th or better to secure his super license.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Albon is one of the loveliest guys on that grid, I don't think anyone's gonna disagree on that. It's just so frustrating to see a top seat get more or less wasted.

His family on the other hand is even worse than the Verstappens.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Albon is a nice young man and I legitimately punched the air when I saw Perez blow up on Sunday. Loved how Perez also continued for nearly a full lap when an engine that was on fire, nothing dangerous in that at all.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Albon is a nice young man and I legitimately punched the air when I saw Perez blow up on Sunday. Loved how Perez also continued for nearly a full lap when an engine that was on fire, nothing dangerous in that at all.

He saw the Grosjean crash and knew that death took the day off.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
romaingrosjean_1200x768.png

Reactions: Paris in Flames

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Cevert and Koinigg, back to back years at Watkins Glen lost their lives to pretty similar accidents. To think that the outcome could've easily been the exact same just three years ago is pretty shocking.
I thought of Cevert right away. Mentioned it to my son as we were watching.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Interesting to see who replaces him in the final race. Vandoorne or Gutierrez most likely. Bottas has to step up his game to avoid (further) humiliation.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It should be Russell, but:

1) how bulletproof that Williams contract is, even with GR in the Mercedes system and by all accounts loaned there
and 2) he would more than likely struggle anyway and give a bad represensation of his skills (not enough time to prepare by driving a simulator and when was the last time he's driven the actual car, like the end of season testing last year?), it could do him more harm than good

I'd put my money on Hulk because he's done two races already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad