ALPHA TAURIPierre GaslyDaniil Kvyat
RACING POINTSergio PerezLance StrollNico Hulkenberg
ALFA ROMEOKimi RäikkönenAntonio Giovinazzi
HAASKevin MagnussenRomain Grosjean
WILLIAMSGeorge RussellNicholas Latifi
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Race calendar for 2020

2020-F1-Calendar.jpg

Championships are more than likely done, 4-11 is still somewhat close between drivers and 3-5 in constructors:

Ricciardo 78 pts
Perez 68
Norris 65
Albon 64
Leclerc 63
Stroll 57
Gasly 53
Sainz 51

Racing Point 120 pts
McLaren 116
Renault 114

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh no you don't, you're not locking that thread before I get a reply.

Give Red Bull Mercedes engines and put Russell next to Verstappen. Job done.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why'd you edit my OP from that last thread? Has the race calendar changed from last December or something?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Why'd you edit my OP from that last thread? Has the race calendar changed from last December or something?
The calendar was from a better time, when COVID-19 was a meme and having tracks like Portimao on the calendar was a pipe dream.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
We never made it to a second thread last year did we?

What a wild season.

Covid. Vettel getting dropped. Alonso coming back.

Makes sense.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So. Lance Stroll did have Covid-19. Announced it on his IG this morning.

He's done the quarantine, he feels better and since tested negative. He'll be driving this weekend it seems.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So. Lance Stroll did have Covid-19. Announced it on his IG this morning.

He's done the quarantine, he feels better and since tested negative. He'll be driving this weekend it seems.
He's an absolute quitter though for not driving in Nürburgring. :sarcasm:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
We never made it to a second thread last year did we?

What a wild season.

Covid. Vettel getting dropped. Alonso coming back.

Makes sense.
500 to 800-ish replies per season from what I recall. The 2017 thread was probably lost in the migration, as I couldn't find it anywhere.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Grosjean and Magnussen both leaving Haas.

Silly season gets even sillier. Can't remember the last time the grid changed so much
2018 to 2019 was quite wild. Only Mercedes and Haas retained the same driver lineup.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
2018 to 2019 was quite wild. Only Mercedes and Haas retained the same driver lineup.

I mean more between the different organisations. In terms of actual number of moves you're right but they were mostly predictable logical promotions for academy drivers (Leclerc to Ferrari, Gasly to Red Bull, Norris to McLaren, Giovinazzi to Alfa Romeo, Russell to Williams, Albon and Kvyat to Toro Rosso) The only surprise was Ricciardo going to Renault and then Sainz to McLaren.

This year we've had Vettel sacked by Ferrari and the domino effect of that (him going to Aston Martin, Sainz to Ferrari, Ricciardo to McLaren, Alonso to Renault) the possibility of Albon being sacked by Red Bull, now two free seats at Haas and probably Alfa Romeo. It's probably only going to be Ferrari who promote academy guys this year, everyone else moving around is established which makes it much more interesting

Reactions: DaveG and JoVel

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's the right move and probably a season or two overdue. I don't imagine we'll see either in F1 again.

So... Mazepin and a Ferrari Academy guy? Perez or Hulk? The anticipation!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Magnussen leaving the sport would be a shame, there isn't really room for him and I don't think he can match younger drivers sponsor money wise.

He never really got a fair chance to prove himself. Decent rookie season, then got dumped to make room for Alonso. Joined Renault when they were terrible, and Haas has been one big rollercoaster. When Haas has been good you can see his raw talent, I'd rate him near the top. Sadly his radio antics and comments about Haas have probably made the other teams steer clear of him.

Grosjean, good riddance.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
According to Autosport 30 super licence points will be enough for an F1 spot from now on in 'special cases', whatever the hell that means. I guess in this instance it means Haas really needs some Russian money.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Mazepin + One FDA driver would be on par with Sirotkin + Stroll in terms of stupid pairing.

Also, if you're to change the super license requirement to accomodate teams with drivers academies, you probably should get rid of the SL.

If I'm Red Bull, I'm going hard at George Russell at the moment. Other than ego, there's no real reason to put Yuki Tsunoda in a F1 seat ahead of Russell. Absolutely none.

Teams needing money pretty much imply that Sergio Perez will remain on the grid for next season.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh, and Petrov being a steward for the upcoming GP is super problematic, not because Hamilton said so, not because of what he (Petrov) said (he pretty much described how things were in Russia, though his whole "becoming gay" blurb is imbecile at best), but because he did so while specifically singling out Hamilton, which raises all possible issues of bias.

I can't remember any official/referee/umpire/steward going public on socio-politics, much less one doing so in direct response to an athelete he's about to judge.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Oh, and Petrov being a steward for the upcoming GP is super problematic, not because Hamilton said so, not because of what he (Petrov) said (he pretty much described how things were in Russia, though his whole "becoming gay" blurb is imbecile at best), but because he did so while specifically singling out Hamilton, which raises all possible issues of bias.

I can't remember any official/referee/umpire/steward going public on socio-politics, much less one doing so in direct response to an athelete he's about to judge.
There was a bit of drama in Finnish media that Mika Salo, being a steward during the Russian GP, would've leaked information about Hamilton's penalties to the Finnish broadcast team CMore before they were publicly announced. All parties involved obviously said that's total BS but listening to the broadcast and applying some common sense I thought it was rather obvious... The commentator was talking how "according to their sources" Lewis most likely getting a couple of 5 second penalties way before they were confirmed. And this is a guy who most of the time has no clue what's even going on in the race, and suddenly seemed very informed all of the sudden. Also what needs to be noted is that Salo is a part of said broadcast team and when he's not busy he's quite often in the commentary box. FIA needs to sort their shit out.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Hamilton: "So you should take it up with them really, it's nothing I can particularly do anything about it. But we should definitely be including people here who are with the times, who are understanding of the times that we are living in and sensitive to the matters that are surrounding us."
Translation: "Only those people who agree with me should be allowed to have anything to do with F1"

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Reactions: DaveG

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That would be a humongous database, but the point system is available here:

https://www.fia.com/file/31108/download?token=2vC0bC7p

I figured but I guess I was hoping there was like...a "prospect" tracker that just looked at the main feeder series'.

But yeah. Russell may have some serious life choices ahead of him. If he's out at Williams he should absolutely look to Red Bull but would come at the cost of cutting his ties with Mercedes ..which...I can understand not wanting to do.

But really. Lewis is around for a few more years at least and who knows how long they'll string Bottas along and when Lewis is done I'd think they'd look to Max as their next guy...but Toto manages Russell...so...f***..

It's too complicated.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Hamilton: "So you should take it up with them really, it's nothing I can particularly do anything about it. But we should definitely be including people here who are with the times, who are understanding of the times that we are living in and sensitive to the matters that are surrounding us."
Translation: "Only those people who agree with me should be allowed to have anything to do with F1"

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
He's such a whiny git.

Reactions: DaveG

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
There was a bit of drama in Finnish media that Mika Salo, being a steward during the Russian GP, would've leaked information about Hamilton's penalties to the Finnish broadcast team CMore before they were publicly announced. All parties involved obviously said that's total BS but listening to the broadcast and applying some common sense I thought it was rather obvious... The commentator was talking how "according to their sources" Lewis most likely getting a couple of 5 second penalties way before they were confirmed. And this is a guy who most of the time has no clue what's even going on in the race, and suddenly seemed very informed all of the sudden. Also what needs to be noted is that Salo is a part of said broadcast team and when he's not busy he's quite often in the commentary box. FIA needs to sort their shit out.

That was an ethical breach from Salo, no doubt about it... But there was no apprehension whatsoever of bias in that situation, from what I remember.
But it was still a very, very bad look. Petrov's even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->