2020 F1 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Also. Pretty smart move by Haas. Slipping that Mazepin announcement in under the Lewis news.

Haas: so we signed a pay driver who is actually pretty terrible on the track and in life and HOLY SHIT. LOOK! LEWIS HAS COVID-19.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
George would obviously be the most exciting choice but man, give Hülk that one last chance. George will get his chances. Although if they go with Vandoorne that'd mean the no points and no podiums memes would still be alive and well so there's that.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hulk is significantly more exciting than GR imo. GR is actually the most boring choice to me. That kid will have many years and opportunities to win races and maybe even championships.

This could be Hulk's last chance at a podium. Ever.

Do it Toto :popcorn:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
George got his chance, Jack Aitken with Williams.

Schumacher confirmed with Haas for 2021.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george please be george
Hey, sometimes F1 does things you want it to do.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Russell to Mercedes sortof makes sense (despite being boring), but those drivers academies may be even more an issue than alleged pay drivers as it pertains to driver quality in F1.

Jack Aitken, really?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I just watched the F2 Qualifications and... well, things might get a bit complicated for the F1 qualifications tomorrow. That is very, very short track, and it appears quite bumpy too.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Well he certainly pushes and manages things like the tires to the limit, so yes. No, he doesn't go "pedal to the metal" 100% of the time but there is more to driving succesfully.

Yeah but I'd like to see him do it while actually being challenged for the lead. Not just with Bottas hanging back 3 seconds behind.

It's easy to be so consistent when you're under no pressure whatsoever

Reactions: DaveG

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Well he certainly pushes and manages things like the tires to the limit, so yes. No, he doesn't go "pedal to the metal" 100% of the time but there is more to driving succesfully.
Would you like a shovel?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The twisty part of the looks really, really bumpy, and the presumed low downforce settings probably aren't helping.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Maybe Bottas is more trash than even I imagined.

He had the fastest time, which got deleted, and had his best FP2 laps on C2 (harder compound), while nearly everyone else did theirs with C4.

Bottas is quite fast. Always was, still is. What he's lacking is nerves, smoothness and race management. Overtaking capacities aren't exactly where you want them to be either.

Reactions: DaveG

Eisenh0rn

May 30, 2009
UK
Maybe Bottas is more trash than even I imagined.

Or perhaps (seems to be constantly overlooked) Russell is as many in know believe - VERY fast.

I'm guessing people don't watch Formula 3, Formula 2 junior series closely as if they had, they'd have clearly seen that Russell was every bit as good as Verstappen and Leclerc on the skill front. He's more than on their level.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Guys. There was some tongue in cheek there. Obviously he's not totally trash.

Also I don't buy into the narrative that says Russell's performance is proof it's mostly car for Hamilton. If anything I think it should confirm the Russell hype tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad