2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The 2019 Entry Draft might be a good year for the Habs to draft a couple of defencemen in the first round any of Drysdale(RHD), Guhle(LHD), Sanderson(LHD), are good selections that should be ready to join the Habs in the 2022/23 season. Drysdale/Guhle could make a very good first pairing for the future, IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I forget which the poster said that his skating his bad. I'm still laughing. Byfield is right next to Raymond for 2nd overall imo.

It was me, I still have concerns and it was always the same thing: 3 first steps. Against 18 years old he looks fast, but this is a false test: nearly all NHL-quality prospects look too fast against U18s.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It was me, I still have concerns and it was always the same thing: 3 first steps. Against 18 years old he looks fast, but this is a false test: nearly all NHL-quality prospects look too fast against U18s.
Byfield is a very good skater for a 6'5 beast...

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Byfield is a very good skater for a 6'5 beast...

I agree, and see how you need to use the relative...thus he is no elite skater at all: if he was he would be first overall without contest.

He's more or less the first player we can actually compare to Malkin.

Malkin was not first overall.
Malkin was an elite player, not a franchise player.
We always felt like Malkin had an extra gear that he never showed.
I suspect Byfield is in the same mold.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Hendrix Lapierre is ranked #3 by Button I believe. He might actually not be wrong about this ranking. This guy impressed the hell out of me in my viewings. Best first name of the draft too.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad