2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Lol no, not at all. Hughes would not be top 5, and top 10 (in my rankings) in 2020.

2020 is much stronger than 2019, we already know that: because the guys at the top have talent AND NHL bodies.

This.

2020 is already damn strong... if there's a year to suck and sell our veterans for 1st round picks, it's this season.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lol no, not at all. Hughes would not be top 5, and top 10 (in my rankings) in 2020.

2020 is much stronger than 2019, we already know that: because the guys at the top have talent AND NHL bodies.
Hugues would go 2nd with ease, maybe even 1st, his skating and offensive awarenesses are unreal, that kid will be one of the best points producers in the league for years...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hugues would go 2nd with ease, maybe even 1st, his skating and offensive awarenesses are unreal, that kid will be one of the best points producers in the league for years...

I like Hughes but I doubt he's Lafreniere good. Lafreniere's IQ seems ridiculous. Raymond looks really really good. Interesting to see how Byfield progresses. Dude could be nuts. Moves really really well for a big man

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I like Hughes but I doubt he's Lafreniere good. Lafreniere's IQ seems ridiculous. Raymond looks really really good. Interesting to see how Byfield progresses. Dude could be nuts. Moves really really well for a big man
The debate would be with Lafreniere, not the others...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lafrenière, Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Poehling, Gallagher, etc... The talent up front would be ridiculous.

Imagine

Lafrenière - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Ylönen - Poehling - Suzuki
Drouin - Domi - Gallagher

We could legitimately roll three lines

Except for one thing.

Several of the players on those fake lines would need to dangled in the remote hope of even getting a sniff at Lafrenière.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If the Habs actually fail to make the playoffs. it will be due to injuries to key personnel. That being the case only a lottery win would give the Habs a chance to draft Lafreniere. Quite possibly the best Francophone hockey player since 1984 # 1 OV Mario Lemieux IM HO. With the draft being in Montreal fans would be over the moon to watch the Habs draft Lafreniere. As many fans are quick to point out a line with Kotkaneimi(C) - Caufield (RW) - Lafreniere(LW) would be awesome for the next decade. Evoking the thoughts of another Habs Dynasty in the 2020's, I for one love the idea particularly considering our depth in great quality prospects at every position already in the pipeline. Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::arr::arr::arr:

Reactions: Gains

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
We have 3 of the top 20 prospects according to Dobber in Poehling, Suzuki and Caufield, and have Kotkaniemi with the big club. If we can manage to draft in the top 10 this year, we can really build a winner through the draft.
  • Poehling would be top 15 in his draft year in a redraft.
  • Caufield and Suzuki are arguably top 7 from their draft classes.
  • KK was drafted third overall.
  • Price is a 5th overall pick.
  • Domi was acquired for Galchenyuk who was a 3rd overall pick.
  • Romanov would be drafted in the top 20 in a redraft.
We could really use a power forward or top pair left D prospect in next year’s draft so hopefully we draft in the top 10. I think this is Bergevin’s plan with his mini-tank / reset.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My current top 10 for the QMJHL, OHL & WHL.

I don't watch the Q much at all but this past year I had access to several free streams so I opted to check out a few. While I like Barron and Lapierre, Mercer stood out a little more but it was only a few games of each and I don't know if him being on a much better team had more to do with it. I wasn't scouting them, just watching for something to do outside of watching Houde, but this year with the draft being at the bell center then I will try and watch some more of these kids.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I don't watch the Q much at all but this past year I had access to several free streams so I opted to check out a few. While I like Barron and Lapierre, Mercer stood out a little more but it was only a few games of each and I don't know if him being on a much better team had more to do with it. I wasn't scouting them, just watching for something to do outside of watching Houde, but this year with the draft being at the bell center then I will try and watch some more of these kids.
I'm a big fan of Lapierre. For me Rochette and Mercer are really close you could definitely make an argument for one over the other at this point. Poirier is an interesting player who I really like and think his game will sky rocket, plus I value potential top defenceman higher than secondary scorers.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yep Lapierre would be a great pick if we are in playoff.

Lafreniere would be a dream come true. That would be just to amazing to happen...

Maverik Bourque is a guy that I will really pay attention, we was dominant at the end of the season last year

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Yep Lapierre would be a great pick if we are in playoff.

Lafreniere would be a dream come true. That would be just to amazing to happen...

Maverik Bourque is a guy that I will really pay attention, we was dominant at the end of the season last year

Lapierre won't be accessible to us if we are in the playoff...

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Does anyone here know when passes/tickets for the 2020 draft go on sale??

Myself,and a few friends, booked our hotel and flights for the draft and really wanna make sure we get passes/tickets. I'm not sure if it is the kinda thing that sells out fast, or what is all included, etc.

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone here know when passes/tickets for the 2020 draft go on sale??

For this past draft in Vancouver they didn't go on sale until a month before. Season ticket holders had first crack. Once the public had a chance first round tickets sold out in minutes and re-sale sites were flooded with tickets at bloated prices. Inventory is limited because of the stage configuration and reserved seats for prospects and their families. Hopefully for your sake the demand isn't the same in Montreal!

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
For this past draft in Vancouver they didn't go on sale until a month before. Season ticket holders had first crack. Once the public had a chance first round tickets sold out in minutes and re-sale sites were flooded with tickets at bloated prices. Inventory is limited because of the stage configuration and reserved seats for prospects and their families. Hopefully for your sake the demand isn't the same in Montreal!

Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad