2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The draft will be in Montreal, if they have the 1st pick, the pick will be Lafreniere no matter what
Unless you want to have another Doug Wickeneiser vs Denis Savard. Imagine if HFboards existed back then, we'd be looking at at least a million pages.

Reactions: Vachon23

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
From what I saw in the Hnlinka-Gretz tourney, Perfetti & 'Jimmy' Hendrix Lapierre were the best forwards for Team Canada. Byfield for me needs to show more. The skills are there to see. He just teases with what he can do, but as of right now, it seems that something is missing. Hopefully, it is just a product of being among the youngest kids in this draft class.

Reactions: Acadien86

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
From what I saw in the Hnlinka-Gretz tourney, Perfetti & 'Jimmy' Hendrix Lapierre were the best forwards for Team Canada. Byfield for me needs to show more. The skills are there to see. He just teases with what he can do, but as of right now, it seems that something is missing. Hopefully, it is just a product of being among the youngest kids in this draft class.
Yeah, sometimes Byfield is forcing plays or is trying to do to much... He has impressive size and skills set, it will be interesting to see how much his game evolve...

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Looking like a strong draft for Russia. I like the potential of these guys:
Askarov (high 1st)
Amirov
Pashin
Ponomaryov
Gushiin
Khusnutdinov
Nikishin

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Perfetti's release, man...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Goldenhands

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hard not to like Perfetti , his Hlinka really solidified his top 5 status in my book, for now at least. He's got a 30+goals a year wrister, easy.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Hard not to like Perfetti , his Hlinka really solidified his top 5 status in my book, for now at least. He's got a 30+goals a year wrister, easy.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up going around 8th OA.

There’s quite a few ifs in that number but I can’t see Perfetti going before Lafrenière, Byfield, Raymond, Drysdale and probably a few more guys.

It’s looking likely there will be a tier of players like Lundell, Askarov, Holtz, Lapierre and Perfetti fighting it out for Top 10 drafting spots.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I know I will get vilified by many around here but my number #1 target is Yaroslav Askarov. What a special talent and competitiveness in this kid.

Reactions: Fenris

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It looks like a terrible draft for the Russians (at least in the first round).

This will be a Canada vs. Sweden affair.

Finland forever alone. One of my finnish buddies was all ''maybe Lundell will be picked first if Kakko isn't this year.''

He cries everytim.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
It looks like a terrible draft for the Russians (at least in the first round).

This will be a Canada vs. Sweden affair.

I was mostly comparing it to last year. Askarov, Amirov, Pashin and Ponomariov have decent chance of being in the 1st round.

Looks more like the 2018 than the 2019 draft for them imo.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I was mostly comparing it to last year. Askarov, Amirov, Pashin and Ponomariov have decent chance of being in the 1st round.

Looks more like the 2018 than the 2019 draft for them imo.

It's early, right now I only have Askarov and Amirov in the first.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The good news is that the NHL choose the good year to put the draft in MTL. They is alote of talent in the Q so if Habs management have a call from Molson to take some Q guys ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->