2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But fans had there nana with Leblanc and it’s was a really weak class for the Q.

they could end up with a repeat of '09 and get a local player in the 1st round. I can't see them making 12 picks though, not when they have so many prospects as is, got to think they will trade a few picks to future picks in '21 or '22 or something else.

Hopefully they just stick to their board and pick who they think is the best.

Reactions: DesmondDekker

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
they could end up with a repeat of '09 and get a local player in the 1st round. I can't see them making 12 picks though, not when they have so many prospects as is, got to think they will trade a few picks to future picks in '21 or '22 or something else.

Hopefully they just stick to their board and pick who they think is the best.

Hope it’s Lafreniere or even Lapierre ! And when I say they will take guys from the Q , it’s to replace guy like the 2 name that nobody know.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hope it’s Lafreniere or even Lapierre ! And when I say they will take guys from the Q , it’s to replace guy like the 2 name that nobody know.

If the draft overall is deeper then this past one, I don't think you will see the odd picks from 2 leagues that as far as I know have never had a single NHL draft pick from said league plus the 2 overagers.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The only thing left for the Habs this season is to procure a lottery pick from another NHL with a great chance at #1 OV in the 2020 entry draft. Somehow luring that team into trading the rights before the draft is drawn. Lots of prospect and picks might encour age a team. 1st, 2nd,or 3rd and the SCC would be great picks. Possibly Lafreniere.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:i want it all why not?

Last edited:

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I'd happily take another potential 40 goal guy like Holtz.

I'm with WTK. While it's true that the prospect center depth has improved greatly, IMHO, I still don't see a legit first line point producer. Kotkaniemi might get there, But I would still like the habs to get their hands on a legit #1 pivot.

I believe that Bergevin also believes that, as I think that it was a main motivation in the Aho offer sheet. Imagine if it had worked out. Having Aho, Kotkaniemi, Danault as the top 3 centers (and obviously Domi as a legit center option as well), it would not be out of the realm of possibility of the Habs creeping into contender status.

But alas, the Habs will still need to find their Aho in the draft.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm still looking for a C who can score 90 pts a season.

eh a 90 point winger would still do the trick. I'm very very certain that 3 of KK, Domi, Poehling, Suzuki can be good enough to be contenders with the right wingers.

Laf-Domi-Gally
Suzuki-KK-Caufield

That's potentially a scary top 6. And you have Poehling, Tatar (possibly), Danault, Byron, Ylonen or whoever to fill out that 3rd line

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Tim Stützle vs Vienna | Aug 30 2019

Tim Stützle's CHL debut against Vienna. His passing ability really stands out. He scored a nice goal walking in from the left point on the PP. He's a bit unsure of what to do in the defensive zone, but I like what he did everywhere else. If there's something offensive that he should perhaps work on as the year goes on it's being ready to fire on net. Decent skater, seems strong for his age, good puckhandling ability. Serious contender for a top 10 selection.

Reactions: Frank JT

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's up to our division, IMHO. It's really hard to tank when you're surrounded by jabronis.

edit: For example, just as I was typing this, I forgot that the Ottawa Senators actually exist.

Ottawa and Detroit will be worse than us.. it's just a matter if Buffalo and Florida can keep their shit together for a whole season

Reactions: Clearedwaivers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad