2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
we have 3 great prospects for the incoming draft; Lapierre obviously, Rochette, and William Dufour, with his shape and abilities, along with the increased visibility he'll get from playing the same team as the two others, will definately be a riser in the standings.

I see all 3 being gone by the end of the second round.

Add that RHP if he is here, Houde and Shank, some more reason for habs fans to follow us

If he has a big year do you see Justin Ducharme getting picked? I liked him a good bit more then Houde when catching a few games last year. I know it's his last shot at the draft but if not they could invite him to the development camp as we will need ECHL depth.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
If he has a big year do you see Justin Ducharme getting picked? I liked him a good bit more then Houde when catching a few games last year. I know it's his last shot at the draft but if not they could invite him to the development camp as we will need ECHL depth.
I hope not as I wish to have him as an overager next year, but Ducharme' game is more complete then Houde, who only show flashes. Ducharme works hard, is a good sniper and can handle the physical aspect. I see him getting drafted or signed with the added exposure our 3 kids will put our team.

Louis Crevier is another example of a guy to keep an eye on and will benefit from the exposure, he is at tampa's camp this week.

Sags drafted him in 2017 at 6.00ft 144 pounds
started last year at 6.07 200 pounds and skates like a 6 feet guy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope not as I wish to have him as an overager next year, but Ducharme' game is more complete then Houde, who only show flashes. Ducharme works hard, is a good sniper and can handle the physical aspect. I see him getting drafted or signed with the added exposure our 3 kids will put our team.

Louis Crevier is another example of a guy to keep an eye on and will benefit from the exposure, he is at tampa's camp this week.

Sags drafted him in 2017 at 6.00ft 144 pounds
started last year at 6.07 200 pounds and skates like a 6 feet guy.

well they could do the same as with RHP, draft him and then let him play in the Q as an overager since there won't be any room in Laval next year most likely, unless they prefer him to be in the ECHL.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pre-season list, mostly just getting the names down to rearrange later.

1.) Lafrenière
2.) Raymond
3.) Byfield
4.) Perfetti
5.) Lundell
6.) Holtz
7.) Stützle
8.) Holloway
9.) Lapierre
10.) Gunler
11.) Drysdale
12.) Barron
13.) Rossi
14.) Zary
15.) Mysak
16.) Perreault
17.) Sourdif
18.) Nybeck
19.) Smilanic
20.) Schneider
21.) Amirov
22.) Kleven
23.) Guhle
24.) Cuylle
25.) Grans
26.) Bourque
27.) Ponomariov
28.) Simontaival
29.) Cormier
30.) Gushchin
31.) Peterka

HM: Foudy, Hirvonen, Greig, Rochette, Jarvis, Neighbours, Poirier, Wallinder

bUt WheArE's AasKaRov!? He's on a separate list, as I always do with goalies. He's at the top of that list.

Reactions: atrud66

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Pre-season personal position ranks:
Center:
1. Quinton Byfield
2. Cole Perfetti
3. Anton Lundell
4. Hendrix Lapierre
5. Marco Rossi
6. Connor Zary
7. Jean-Luc Foudy

Left wing:
1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Dylan Holloway
3. Tim Stutzle
4. Will Cuylle
5. Rodion Amirov

Right wing:
1. Lucas Raymond
2. Alexander Holtz
3. Noel Gunler
4. Zion Nybeck
5. Seth Jarvis

Defense:
1. Jamie Drysdale
2. Justin Barron
3. Lukas Cormier
4. Helge Grans
5. Jake Sanderson
6. Kaiden Guhle
7. Jeremie Poirier
8. Braden Schneider
9. Ryan O'Rourke
10. Alexander Nikishin

Goalie:
1. Yaroslav Askarov
2. Nick Malik
3. Jan Bednar

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Pre-season personal position ranks:
Center:
1. Quinton Byfield
2. Cole Perfetti
3. Anton Lundell
4. Hendrix Lapierre
5. Marco Rossi
6. Connor Zary
7. Jean-Luc Foudy
Perfetti is a winger, he played both positions so far in junior, but he is more suited for the wing...

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Pre-season list, mostly just getting the names down to rearrange later.

1.) Lafrenière
2.) Raymond
3.) Byfield
4.) Perfetti
5.) Lundell
6.) Holtz
7.) Stützle
8.) Holloway
9.) Lapierre
10.) Gunler
11.) Drysdale
12.) Barron
13.) Rossi
14.) Zary
15.) Mysak
16.) Perreault
17.) Sourdif
18.) Nybeck
19.) Smilanic
20.) Schneider
21.) Amirov
22.) Kleven
23.) Guhle
24.) Cuylle
25.) Grans
26.) Bourque
27.) Ponomariov
28.) Simontaival
29.) Cormier
30.) Gushchin
31.) Peterka

HM: Foudy, Hirvonen, Greig, Rochette, Jarvis, Neighbours, Poirier, Wallinder

bUt WheArE's AasKaRov!? He's on a separate list, as I always do with goalies. He's at the top of that list.
It looks like a solid list, personally I think Amirov will go higher but I must admit that I dont know much about the guys you ranked from 15 to 20... Top 10 is insane, while Drysdale and Barron looks very promising too...

One guy I really like his playing style is Mavrik Bourque, I think you have him ranked properly, but he really plays a solid all around game, would love the Habs to get a late first to draft him, that kid looks like an ideal third line center in the making...

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It looks like a solid list, personally I think Amirov will go higher but I must admit that I dont know much about the guys you ranked from 15 to 20... Top 10 is insane, while Drysdale and Barron looks very promising too...

One guy I really like his playing style is Mavrik Bourque, I think you have him ranked properly, but he really plays a solid all around game, would love the Habs to get a late first to draft him, that kid looks like an ideal third line center in the making...

This early I think all bets are off, but especially after Zary, IMO. Mysak, for example, is such a wildcard: he's honest to goodness just a year (perhaps more) ahead of where Chytil was, pretty comparable to Pastrnak stats-wise. He led the relegation tournament for the Extraliga in scoring and played a big role in saving his team at the age of 16. But of course, the most sterling resume to come out of the Czech republic has been Pavel Zacha.

A lot the guys at the end of the list are just there to get their names down on paper, I don't strongly believe any particular ranking after 15 at the moment, especially the Americans.

Mavrik is a slick little guy. I've been rewatching the Hlinka and he's caught my eye a few times.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
1. Lafreniere
2. Raymond
3. Byfield
4. Stutzle
5. Lundell
6. Perfetti
7. Holtz
8. Gunler
9. Lapierre
10. Barron

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Most prospects seasons start today and this weekend. The DEL regular season kicks off, so we'll see what kind of playing time JJ Peterka gets with RB München against the Augsburg Panthers tonight. Stützle is expected to play against the Nürnberg Ice Tigers. Mysak's first game is against Kometa Brno today.

The turbo twins and Gunler get their start tomorrow, along with Gunler and Lundell, the latter playing against our own Ylönen's Pelicans.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Mysak scores in his first game. I don't have a stream anymore, but in the first period he did some good things as well. He sprung his two linemates on a 2 on 1 that didn't quite connect after winning a defensive zone battle.

...f***in streams, man.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Holtz just got an assist. Beautiful play all around, he caused a neutral zone turnover, gained the zone and feathered a nice pass to his team mate Michael Haga for a tip in goal.

Djurgården Hockey - Linköping HC

They don't show how he stole the puck, but you still get to see the zone entry. He was impressive in general last night.

Lucas Raymond didn't get up to much in his game. His team dug themselves a deep hole and Rönnberg leaned on his vets.

Gunler didn't see the ice at all.

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Loving the looks of the top of the draft. Even if we have another "crappy" year and pick 15th it should get us another really good prospect.

One more draft loadup. Then I'm ready to unload picks when we steal Chabot with an offer sheet next July.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Peterka scores his first DEL goal a few minutes into the game against Düsseldorf. Nice goal, gets himself open in the slot, onetimer post and in.

edit: after a difficult powerplay shift where he lost two puck battles, he scores his 2nd DEL goal. Hot stick today.

edit: Düsseldorfer's keeper just game up with a big save on a chance set up by Peterka from behind the net. 2 shot assists on that shift. Shift before he drew a penalty.

Last edited:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
EP needs to hurry up and get the 2019-20 stats up for their draft center page.

Yeah, imma stats watcher, fight me.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Holtz 2+1 in 2 gp so far. U18 record is 21p.

Safe to say he might break that record.

I think so too. However, it's pretty common for European prospects to come out of the gate running in their first pro seasons. No different from any other rookie, really. It will be interesting to see what he's up to in, say, early december.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad