2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Those two teams can't ever seem to get it together. We would need this to happen if we want to finish Dernière pour Lafrenière.
I would add los angeles. But i agree. It will be tough to be worse than ottawa and Detroit

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
I would add los angeles. But i agree. It will be tough to be worse than ottawa and Detroit
Don’t count out the Oil. Lol. Always in the mix for a lottery pick, no matter what. Even when everyone expects they’re heading in the right direction, they find a new way to completely suck.

Reactions: Hins77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lafreniere would be a dream come true but Holloway would fill a big need

which could work out well as Lafreniere is more a pipe dream baring a season ending injury to Price or getting very lucky at the lottery. Holloway could turn pro with Caufield if both had impressive seasons, perhaps they would leave Holloway for another year but still would be a nice fit since getting those top 5 or so guys is likely not going to happen at least pre lottery.

I know he's another undersized forward but I liked Marco Rossi last year but not sure the Habs would go back to back under 5'10 forwards.

Reactions: Vachon23

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Outside of Lafreniere.. Lundell has been my boy. I do like Raymond a lot though, but as a winger, he's gonna be edged out by Lundell unless Lundell doesn't progress at all.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

He's allright, I like him but don't see the Norris potential in him. 2nd pairing is what I project him. Love his physical play and skating for a big guy. Have him ranked low 1st round right now.

Schneider and Drysdale should be interesting to follow. I think they have more potential.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Habs need to focus on drafting talented forwards with the first 3 picks. I expect us to be drafting in the mid-teens again this year (12 to 18 range).

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Outside of Lafreniere.. Lundell has been my boy. I do like Raymond a lot though, but as a winger, he's gonna be edged out by Lundell unless Lundell doesn't progress at all.

Raymond is 1b to Lafreniere, there's no way you don't pick him if he's available. This year the 2 BPA are wingers. I don't think Lundell has it in him to surpass Raymond. Byfield was the only guy that could have entered number 1 contention and he missed the first meeting. Starting to think Perfetti might be a contender for #3 in what seems like a winger contest. That being said, centers might go higher regardless of BPA based on needs.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Raymond is 1b to Lafreniere, there's no way you don't pick him if he's available. This year the 2 BPA are wingers. I don't think Lundell has it in him to surpass Raymond. Byfield was the only guy that could have entered number 1 contention and he missed the first meeting. Starting to think Perfetti might be a contender for #3 in what seems like a winger contest. That being said, centers might go higher regardless of BPA based on needs.

Raymond is the only prospect outside of Lafrenière about whom you can't really levy a criticism beyond ''needs to get stronger.'' For this reason he's a pretty clear 1b at the moment.

All of the other big names have some enticing selling points but some negatives. Holtz and Byfield both have an awkwardness to their games but they have a set of tools that could be devastating at the next level. Lundell's stock is low after a dogshit U18 and he has the dreaded ''safe'' label, but he has the potential to be the center that we've dreamed about for a very long time. Perfetti's skating is pretty bad, but he is an offensive wizard.

It's going to be a lot of fun sorting this all out this year.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I think Lapierre may well end up in the conversation for top pick. I really like players with his skillset: potentially elite speed, IQ and vision. The Sags will be fun to watch this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
From what I've read he has looked just ok so far. If Kotkov comes back Brants will be put on waivers.

interesting because last year he put up solid numbers in the MHL at 16. Had noticed his stats when looking up another player Dmitri Kostenko ('21 draft) who had the same ppg as Sergachev in the MHL at 16. Don't usually pay much attention to non Hab prospects but was watching a VHL game and started looking up some of the players to see if anyone would be of interest for the '20 draft since I plan on following this draft more closely since it's at home and we have so many picks.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I'd be happy with one of Lafreniere, Raymond, Lundell, Byfield or Perfetti. I think Perfetti exceeds expectations.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Don't know if I will get to see the Sags this year or not, if not I'd be interested to hear how Harijs Brants does.

I'll keep you posted on him, but up to now he is very so-so. a defensive oriented defensman that bring stability. Very far from a Kniasev dominance in his early games. If Kotkov goes down from SJ, Brants will be waived

Reactions: montreal

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
we have 3 great prospects for the incoming draft; Lapierre obviously, Rochette, and William Dufour, with his shape and abilities, along with the increased visibility he'll get from playing the same team as the two others, will definately be a riser in the standings.

I see all 3 being gone by the end of the second round.

Add that RHP if he is here, Houde and Shank, some more reason for habs fans to follow us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->