2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Lafrenière is clearly a number #1, but it's close for #2 between Byfield and Stutzle.

And Raymond. It would take very little for Raymond to perform on a championship quality team with adults for his stock to rise where it should be as that would be a proof that no other prospect could match.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
And Raymond. It would take very little for Raymond to perform on a championship quality team with adults for his stock to rise where it should be as that would be a proof that no other prospect could match.

Solr...I had Raymond at #4, Drysdale #5 and Rossi #6

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Sounds like he is going top 3 and has a chance at top 2 from what I am reading

Could be. He's ridiculous, but it's tough for me to evaluate where he is physically for the NHL. I could see teams going for the guy who already has the athleticism and strength.

That IQ and those skills though, he's quite the player.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Yep, yep, what I'm saying is: Raymond could be #2

Last year...I remember Raymond scoring a few dynamic goals.
This year, I don't think he was 100%
during the WJC .
...I believe he was struggling with some illness for nearly a month.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Could be. He's ridiculous, but it's tough for me to evaluate where he is physically for the NHL. I could see teams going for the guy who already has the athleticism and strength.

That IQ and those skills though, he's quite the player.

One thing I noticed with Stutzle, he falls alot on the ice, not sure what the issue exactly is, not alarming but thats something he will need to correct at the higher levels...

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Last year...I remember Raymond scoring a few dynamic goals.
This year, I don't think he was 100%
during the WJC .
...I believe he was struggling with some illness for nearly a month.

Believe it was mononucleosis, a classic disease at that age. He had a pretty good WJC for someone coming out of mono (if that was it), plus his stats with Frolunda paint a weird story. You shouldn't keep 17 years old with a championship adult team, but that also means he's ready for pro hockey at 17...he would be on the first 2 lines of most SHL teams, and he played very well thus far.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Stuetzle is more flashy but Lukas Raymond is going to be a more complete player, imo.

He's no.3 on my list.

Reactions: SOLR

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I dont think Holtz has more than 70pts upside. The entirety of group 2 has 85pts upside (60 pts for Drysdale)
Personally I'd swap him and Raymond on your list.

Last edited:

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Stuetzle is more flashy but Lukas Raymond is going to be a more complete player, imo.

He's no.3 on my list.

I would definitely take Stutzle over Raymond....plays at a higher tempo....and is very skilled....he is more of an intense competitor.
Today,the NHL Central Scouting named Stutzle as the top European skater...followed by Raymond and Holtz...as I predicted.

Rossi being a late birthday. Do you guys think that matters much in their draft year?

One thing I disagree with NHL Central Scouting...placing Perfetti ahead Rossi.

Last edited by a moderator:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I personally see it a lot like 2018 in terms of tiers.

I am going only by memory as I tossed my notes, but I had in 2018:

Tier 1
Dahlin

Tier 2
Svechnikov (closer to tier 1 than 3)

Tier 3
Hughes
Boqvist
Dobson
Wahlstrom
Zadina

Tier 4
Kotkaniemi
Tkachuk
Dobson

I see 2019 much the same way in that I see 4 tiers in the top-10:

Lafreniere

Stutzle
Drysdale

Byfield
Holtz
Raymond
Rossi (I am very high on this kid)

Perfetti
Lundell
Holloway

I think the top-3 is a little more locked down this year than 2018, though obviously this can change with 6 months to go. Really, tiers 3 and 4 are interchangeable, though I do think the first 7 I listed , in whatever order other than Lafreniere who will go #1, will be picked in the first 7.

Oh, as for Rossi, I know he's small, but with like 10 other picks, just look for big line mates to play with him and Caufield.

Interesting that you have Byfield in Tier 3. I don't think the top is as locked down as you think. Good chance that 2 out of the 3 on your list in the top 3 are not selected in the top3.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Interesting that you have Byfield in Tier 3. I don't think the top is as locked down as you think. Good chance that 2 out of the 3 on your list in the top 3 are not selected in the top3.

I have Byfield at #4 but you are right, maybe I am overstating it that top-3 is locked down.

I like Stutzie and Drysdale more than Byfield as there’s a couple of flaws that I think holds him back a bit. However, my opinion may change over the coming months and let’s just say if we did draft #2 or #3, I wouldn’t be upset at all if we picked Byfield.

Anyhow, it’s January and you’re right, my #2/3 may not go top-3 come June, but I was more just thinking out loud while responding to the initial question.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Lundell KK Poehling Olofsson

Suzuki on the wing

Lundell over Raymond Holtz Perfetti Rossi for me... He is less flashy than Stutzle, but he gets the job done big time...

Golden... interesting. to see you would put yourself out there in support of Lundell.... which is good.
For me, Stutzle is the type of player that gets you out of your seat...his upside is quite high...his skating is elite...is vision is wonderful ...
his puck protection and skill level is surpreme....competes hard....you can
tell he hates to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad