Jan 25, 2013
I have....
1. Lafrenière
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Drysdale
6. Rossi

We really need to get into that top 5. I'd be thrilled with any of them.

Seriously, our biggest need is Drysdale. Let's draft him.

We need high impact d-men in our system.

BUT... we will most likely draft 8th to 13th overall so....

Our biggest need is elite players. Everyone fits that bill in that top 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: atrud66 and Rozz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'll take it gladly this year. Either Stutzle or Byfield? Or Raymond ? Sign me up for that any day.
I like those guys and Drysdale too, but man I am going to be so upset if we miss out on Laf. He has the potential to be a top 10 forward in the NHL. That's basically what it's going to take to get us to the next level unless we sign/trade/draft someone which we have failed to do miserably for quite some time.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I still keep holding out hope we win the lottery and get the chance to select Lafreniere. Quebecois player the favourite to be selected first overall in a year the draft is in Montreal. We can dream can’t we?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Am I missing something on Lundell? Hes putting up some good numbers but is ranked outside the top 10 at times.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I think we'll have to temper our expectations. With the return of Armia, Drouin, Gallagher, Byron, etc, no way we're bad enough for a top 5 pick, which really makes this season a total disaster. I'm so torn between wanting the habs lose and win that I don't watch anymore cause it makes me anxious :help:

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I still keep holding out hope we win the lottery and get the chance to select Lafreniere. Quebecois player the favourite to be selected first overall in a year the draft is in Montreal. We can dream can’t we?
If we up end up with the #2 pick I wonder what it would take in a trade to move up to #1?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
His game is a lot smoother in most aspects, especially skating wise . Good IQ, good shot, polished 2 way game. Couturier would be a decent comparison style wise.
You think so? I think KK has a much better skillset than him, but it obviously may not translate to the same production on ice as Kotkaniemi is raw, a lot more raw.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Our biggest need is elite players. Everyone fits that bill in that top 5.

Only Lafreniere fits that bill. Others have the potential to become that but they are not that right now.

Most draft have 3-4 already elite players or 1 year from being elite. This draft has 1.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's been a hard season this year, but the good news is the top-end of the 2020 NHL Draft is looking quite good for us!
Take a look at who is trending towards being picked in the first round in the upcoming draft, who they compare to in the NHL and who your team could realistically pick at your current rank!
2020 NHL Draft Top-31: Post WJC Edition — Scrimmage and Stats

Player comparable: Jo bynathan Huberdeau

Someone moved a word in their text by mistake :DD

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
As of right now, the Habs are in a group of 7 teams that have between 46 and 50 points ranging from 20th-26th place in the NHL or basically picking between 6th and 12th. Ideally we would stay in the bottom part of that group to pick between 6th and 8th, but in the best case scenario, a couple of the teams in the lower tier group of 4 teams (NJ, Los Angeles, Ottawa and Anaheim) can string a few wins together. Detroit is in it's own group by itself...,.they will finish last no doubt as we only play them one more time during the year ;)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You think so? I think KK has a much better skillset than him, but it obviously may not translate to the same production on ice as Kotkaniemi is raw, a lot more raw.
Lundell is ''smoother'' like I said, closer to a somewhat finished product. He was already playing regular minutes in the Liiga last year as a 16 year old. KK really got to a superior level in his draft year, Lundell was better than him in his D-2 and D-1 years. Kotka is pure potential, while Lundell is projectable almost instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldenhands
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad