2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
There's been a lot of talk about Quinton Byfield on this thread going back to last year. Couple of things to note. Lets hear it from the people that know him the best, like...himself and his coach!

On Physicality;

"I don't really throw my body around too much or go out of my way to make a hit"

Or his coach in Sudbury Cory Stillman;

"Quinton isn't the most physical guy, but on the puck, yes, he's very determined and strong on the puck, very strong on his feet with quick hands. That's the physical side of his game that's different than a lot of other players."

Playmaker or "shoot first";

"I'd say I'm a playmaker who sets up teammates quite a bit," Byfield said. "I like to find them first before I shoot."

The piece is up on NHL.COM. Byfield is one of my favorite players coming out in 2020. Maybe NYR gets lucky again on the lotto. I love the size/skill/skating combo.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
There's been a lot of talk about Quinton Byfield on this thread going back to last year. Couple of things to note. Lets hear it from the people that know him the best, like...himself and his coach!

On Physicality;

"I don't really throw my body around too much or go out of my way to make a hit"

Or his coach in Sudbury Cory Stillman;

"Quinton isn't the most physical guy, but on the puck, yes, he's very determined and strong on the puck, very strong on his feet with quick hands. That's the physical side of his game that's different than a lot of other players."

Playmaker or "shoot first";

"I'd say I'm a playmaker who sets up teammates quite a bit," Byfield said. "I like to find them first before I shoot."

The piece is up on NHL.COM. Byfield is one of my favorite players coming out in 2020. Maybe NYR gets lucky again on the lotto. I love the size/skill/skating combo.

He has all the tools but I also think he has the potential to be the biggest bust too. I was very high on him early on but its dwindled some what. Still if he puts it together I could see him being a top 10 center

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Perfetti puttin on a clinic!

SAULT STE MARIE, Ont. — Cole Coskey and DJ Busdeker both scored twice and Cole Perfetti tacked on five assists as the Saginaw Spirit downed the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds 7-5 on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action.
Perfetti moved into second in league scoring with 92 points in 51 games. He trails only Ottawa 67's forward Marco Rossi, who has 94 points in 43 contests.

OHL Top 10 in scoring. Quinn ihas 44g on the season!!!!

upload_2020-2-14_16-5-1.png

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Perfetti puttin on a clinic!

SAULT STE MARIE, Ont. — Cole Coskey and DJ Busdeker both scored twice and Cole Perfetti tacked on five assists as the Saginaw Spirit downed the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds 7-5 on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action.
Perfetti moved into second in league scoring with 92 points in 51 games. He trails only Ottawa 67's forward Marco Rossi, who has 94 points in 43 contests.

OHL Top 10 in scoring. Quinn ihas 44g on the season!!!!

View attachment 320759
Is Quinn’s middle name Hughes? It should be.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Presumably, Panarin, Kakko, Kravtsov, and say, Holtz, are much better than a quickly-declining Nash and St. Louis.

Juries out on Kravtsov. He’s not performing all that well in the AHL so I’m not sure how he’s much better than a Nash or MSL - even while declining - just yet. Some of these guys discussed in this thread will be misses. I’m hopeful on Kravtsov but we can’t just presume.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
A couple of names I would keep an eye out for. They will climb the rankings in the following months.... and if some test well at the combine, might even sniff a late first. Some potential boom or bust guys below.

• Seth Jarvis- potential Jordan Eberle here. He will end up in the first, mid-late 20s. If the Rangers have an extra pick, this is an outstanding value pick. Seeing him live soon.
  • Tyson Foerster- IMO he will climb the rankings. If he has a good showing at the combine, he's got it in him to be a pick in the late teens. If he doesn't you are looking at a 25-40 slot for him. Another great value pick.
  • James Hardie- at the very least he will give you some good news stories the next two years. Progressing nicely. Do not know about NHL upside, but he produces. If the speed is there, or gets better, then he's got a shot.
  • Tyler Tullio- another offensive player who needs to take a few leaps physically.
  • Martin Chromiak- Potential steal. Getting some hype now, but that's a damn shame. Could have been a late round gem, but now he's going to cost a higher pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad