2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Not as much. The compete level, the ability to understand the game. I worry about his ability to adjust to higher level competition.
Really? I didn't get that vibe at all from him at the Hlinka, but I've also not seen him since that tournament. I'm kinda surprised to hear you mention that since most of the reports I've seen praise the kid for how smart he is and his ability to slow everything down to his pace. His scoring numbers are also off the charts.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
His scoring numbers are also off the charts.
Beyond doubt. And he could well represent the ultimate home run swing this year. While I am completely in the camp that the Rangers need more ammo as far as forward prospects go, I am not sure that he is the type of player I would take a swing on. Just some bad ju ju Not nearly as bad as a Kayilev last year, but it is there. Most here would take the opposite approach, but as of today I would probably take both Lundell & Holloway ahead of him.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Kaden Guhle is an interesting prospect for 2020. 6'3 197lb Dman for Prince Albert. Has been labeled a big stay at home defenceman, but shows a lot of signs that he can contribute offensivley. He's ranked anywhere from 20-30. I know the focus will probably be on forwards, but if....IF a 2nd 1st rounder applies, i like what i'm seeing here with Guhle. The skating looks to be there. He has an edge to him game too.

Took a knee on knee the other night. Also took a high stick to the face. Stayed in the game and ties it in the 3rd. He had 2 points on the night.
Heres one of the goals...
https://i.gyazo.com/a5e7d293686cb1d40d403132a1975b36.mp4

Heres another highligh vid.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Not a fan of Guhle, he doesnt move the puck well enough for my liking and while he’s not a bad skater by any means I dont think he’s a good enough skater either.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Source from a friend, but there’s a lot of heat spreading that teams are gushing over Jake Sanderson. A lot are thinking he’s on the same caliber as Werenski & should go top 10.

Quite interesting to say the least. Who drops? Are the Rangers one of those teams that are hot on Jake? I don’t like Sanderson that high, TBH.

Thoughts?

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Source from a friend, but there’s a lot of heat spreading that teams are gushing over Jake Sanderson. A lot are thinking he’s on the same caliber as Werenski & should go top 10.

Quite interesting to say the least. Who drops? Are the Rangers one of those teams that are hot on Jake? I don’t like Sanderson that high, TBH.

Thoughts?

With the plethora of defensive prospects in the system I just cant see them drafting a dman. Makes no sense to me

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

Thoughts?

If he dominates the U18 WC like Heiskanen did then you have to start entertaining the idea that Sanderson could be picked near the top 5.

I think he’s a lot closer to 2014 McDonagh than Werenski, who was terrible defensively his draft year but showed elite offense. Sanderson is one of the best one-on-one defenders of any No. 1 the last few years and now his timing, playmaking, and hands are showing to be impressive. Add the physical component and you have the makings of a 23-27 minute top-pairing beast.

The OHL is a joke this year. Almost 8 goals a game — highest in decades. Matador defense and horrid goaltending. It is now reasonable to think Sanderson on a run-and-shoot team would have as many points as Drysdale.

Rangers don’t need him but I would be very happy if they took him.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
With the plethora of defensive prospects in the system I just cant see them drafting a dman. Makes no sense to me

Agreed, but I don't think they'll go defense with the 1st pick (unless it's Drysdale which I'm okay with depending on who's available). Think they'll grab some defenders as the draft progresses.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If he dominates the U18 WC like Heiskanen did then you have to start entertaining the idea that Sanderson could be picked near the top 5.

I think he’s a lot closer to 2014 McDonagh than Werenski, who was terrible defensively his draft year but showed elite offense. Sanderson is one of the best one-on-one defenders of any No. 1 the last few years and now his timing, playmaking, and hands are showing to be impressive. Add the physical component and you have the makings of a 23-27 minute top-pairing beast.

The OHL is a joke this year. Almost 8 goals a game — highest in decades. Matador defense and horrid goaltending. It is now reasonable to think Sanderson on a run-and-shoot team would have as many points as Drysdale.

Idk, think the USNTDP is very underwhelming as a whole this year. To me, it's really hard to gauge that potential with Sanderson. What I've seen hasn't shown much of Werenski, either, let alone McDonagh.

We'll see how it shapes out. U18's start soon, no?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Different subject, but are you still as high on Robertson as you were when he was drafted?

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Idk, think the USNTDP is very underwhelming as a whole this year. To me, it's really hard to gauge that potential with Sanderson. What I've seen hasn't shown much of Werenski, either, let alone McDonagh.

We'll see how it shapes out. U18's start soon, no?

The NTDP’s are very underrated. I try to keep it within the context of the historic group they followed. Strong CHL group gets most of the attention but the 18’s are slicing through the USHL like a hot knife through butter.

Tuch, Sanderson, Berard, Powell, Bordeleau, Faber, Kleven, Smilanic Commesso are all strong prospects. Peterson has top-31 skills but can’t put it together.

U18 WC in early April. Think 16th to 26th

Last edited:

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
The NTDP’s are very underrated. I try to keep it within the context of the historic group they followed. Strong CHL group gets most of the attention but the 18’s are slicing through the USHL like a hot knife through butter.

Tuch, Sanderson, Berard, Powell, Bordeleau, Faber, Kleven, Smilanic Commesso are all strong prospects. Peterson has top-31 skills but can’t put it together.

U18 WC in early April. Think 16th to 26th

I think that can be said about all years the USNTDP produces prospects. I think out that list Tuch, Bordeleau and Smilanic and the reasonable ones to be picked high, but not as high as No. 15. Commesso same thing, but more of a 2nd or 3rd for me due to being a goalie. The minimum amount of games played and not many becoming true freshman next year is steering me off. Lots of "junior" like trajectory, IMO.

Surely when the U18's start I could be swayed differently based on play.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
So assuming we land at 13th overall and 22nd overall, who ya got!?

13. Noel Gunler
22. Martin Chromiak

Other targets:

Zary, Mysak, Brisson, Amirov, Reichel

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ

13. Noel Gunler
22. Martin Chromiak

Other targets:

Id take Zary over Gunler. This team needs a center but heres a little tidbit I researched in the past 3 lotteries teams from the 17-24 range have gotten into the lottery. Chicago got pick 3 last year finished in 20th, in 2018 Carolina finished 21st got the 2nd pick overall and in 2017 Philly finished 19th and got 2nd overall it's not out of the range of possibility to get back in.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

13. Noel Gunler
22. Martin Chromiak

Other targets:

Zary is the guy I want in the middle teens pick that the Rangers will likely end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad