2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
When I saw Jarvis he couldn’t get D to show their numbers unless they were wildly out of position to begin with, couldn’t handle length by using speed. Also saw him undress a defender with crazy puck skills because the D was watching the puck and not the hips. Didn’t go hog wild until he started playing with Jack O’Brien, who was driving play(and will be a 1st rd pick next year.)

The question for a player like that is: where does he slot in the lineup in 4-5 years? 7th on the depth chart for wingers? Panarin, Kreider, Kakko...Gauthier, Buchnevich replacement? If Chytil gets pushed to the wing? Lemieux?

I mean, right now you look for the best upside and slot him in later on. This isn't like the NFL draft, where the drafted players automatically get a roster position. Most of these kids need time to develop. His skill is great, though, but he'll need time to develop and have chances to gain experience at World Juniors and Memorial Cups. He'll be looked to in his post draft years to create offense. He's got a lot of upside.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
So today's version Anaheim wins the lottery and Calgary again takes Holloway at 15 but Anton Lundell falls so:

16. Anton Lundell
21. Seth Jarvis (they just don't have him that high--it's between him and Mercer here)
78. Justin Sourdif (again)
84. Ozzy Wiessblatt (Ovchinnikov was available but I also wanted to see if he'd drop to 109 and he almost did--he came in at 106)
109. Samuel Knazko (again)
140. Landon Slaggert (again)
171. Daniil Zaitsev
198. Parker Ford (again)
199. Bogdan Trineyev
202. Jackson Kunz

Reactions: bl02

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
So today's version Anaheim wins the lottery and Calgary again takes Holloway at 15 but Anton Lundell falls so:

16. Anton Lundell
21. Seth Jarvis (they just don't have him that high--it's between him and Mercer here)
78. Justin Sourdif (again
)
84. Ozzy Wiessblatt (Ovchinnikov was available but I also wanted to see if he'd drop to 109 and he almost did--he came in at 106)
109. Samuel Knazko (again)
140. Landon Slaggert (again)
171. Daniil Zaitsev
198. Parker Ford (again)
199. Bogdan Trineyev
202. Jackson Kunz

I got Holloway at 14. I also got Jarvis, Sourdif, Ford and Kunz.

Reactions: eco's bones

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My mock today. Granted, I have a lot of EU skaters there but I didn't really see anything I liked later on so I went with some overagers

upload_2020-5-29_13-49-18.png

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Traded 22 & 86 to EDM for 20 (wanted to make sure i got Gunler)

14. Connor Zary, C
20. Noel Gunler, LW/RW
76. Luke Tuch, LW
107. Christoffer Sedoff, LD
138. Riley Duran, C
169. Daniil Zaitsev, LD
200. Senna Peeters, C
201. Samuel Hlavaj, G
202. Maxim Beryozkin, LW

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
My mock today. Granted, I have a lot of EU skaters there but I didn't really see anything I liked later on so I went with some overagers

View attachment 348103

They must have adjusted the Rangers first picks from 16 and 21 to 14 and 22. Oden was a guy I was thinking about late too. I like the idea of Holloway but I think between him and Lundell I'd go with Lundell. If Jarvis is available after that I'm pretty much taking him.

New Jersey with three pretty early 1st's I see taking Askarov with the last one. I think MacKenzie Blackwood is a really good young goalie but Askarov should put paid to the problem of goaltending for them well into the future. So the two early 1st's, Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, Ty Smith and Askarov are a bunch of really good building blocks for them. But taking Askarov helps to drop someone else. The Lapierre seems a real reach though.

Jarvis for the first time wasn't there when picking at #22. I went with Gunler there too. It was between him and Mysak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->