WJC: 2020 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Lol yeah? I am sure you would make a great coach, base nothing on actually watching the players and everything on the score sheet.

McMichael is not better than Byfield, pretty obvious you dont watch any of the games and just look at the score sheet.

Lame comeback.

Byfield is younger and projects as the better NHL prospect.

If I had to choose one player for an elimination game on big ice today, I’d go with McMichael.

Post more awful lines please.

Reactions: LDN

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lame comeback.

Byfield is younger and projects as the better NHL prospect.

If I had to choose one player for an elimination game on big ice today, I’d go with McMichael.

Post more awful lines please.

Admit it you dont watch any of the games. Or simply cant evaluate. One of the two.

Reactions: sabresEH

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They do interviews after the cuts? Wtf?

- Hey kid, how does it feel to have one of your dreams crushed and to not be good enough to make the team?

- Feels great Pierre...
I mean they used to do the cuts first thing in the morning and interview the guys like half asleep and literally minutes after getting crushing news....atleast now they give them some time to gather themselves lol baby steps I guess.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I mean they used to do the cuts first thing in the morning and interview the guys like half asleep and literally minutes after getting crushing news....atleast now they give them some time to gather themselves lol baby steps I guess.

Either way it just seems dumb. They don’t typically do them when players get cut from the NHL (as far as I know)

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Hopefully Dach and Dobson get released. I'd like to see:

Alexis Lafreniere – Kirby Dach – Raphael Lavoie
Quinton Byfield – Joe Veleno - Dylan Cozens
Connor McMichael – Barett Hayton – Akil Thomas
Nolan Foote –Benoit-Olivier Groulx - Ty Dellandrea
Liam Foudy

Ty Smith – Noah Dobson
Jared McIsaac – Kevin Bahl
Bowen Byram – Jacob Bernard-Docker
Jamie Drysdale

Nico Daws
Olivier Rodrigue
Joel Hofer

Reactions: Dominance

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Liam Foudy

Ty Smith – Noah Dobson
Jamie Drysdale

Nico Daws
Olivier Rodrigue
Joel Hofer
Drop Lavoie to the 4th and move the rest of the wingers up

Reactions: Dominance

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Liam Foudy

Ty Smith – Noah Dobson
Jamie Drysdale

Nico Daws
Olivier Rodrigue
Joel Hofer

whoa whoa whoa that lineup has Hayton on the third line....

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Drop Lavoie to the 4th and move the rest of the wingers up
One thing about Lavoie if you get him opportunities the score sheet tips in your favour. If people here on this board think he’s the weak link on this team. Well that’s just a good problem to have.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hoping for a great preformance from JBD,we really need this kid to help our lean right side in a few seasons

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What does Lavoie bring to the table on a consistent basis, again? I don't understand choosing him over Newhook, or Krebs, though I'll admit that I haven't seen the latter play since he came back from injury.

I've seen Lavoie make some brilliant plays, but then he'll disappear for long stretches.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
What does Lavoie bring to the table on a consistent basis, again? I don't understand choosing him over Newhook, or Krebs, though I'll admit that I haven't seen the latter play since he came back from injury.

I've seen Lavoie make some brilliant plays, but then he'll disappear for long stretches.
He showed up in the playoffs last year, though I remember a lot of points were on empty netters

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Probably the best shot on the team.

Reactions: Anichels

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Liam Foudy

Ty Smith – Noah Dobson
Jamie Drysdale

Nico Daws
Olivier Rodrigue
Joel Hofer

That line up is so stacked down the middle but I think you would actually just see the Dach Veleno AL line back together andHayton bumped up a line. Doesnt make sense to have those 3 all sharing ice time when you could stack a line that has already played really well together.

Hard to see another team competing with that roster though, that is stacked. Some teams have enough talent to get lucky in a one game knockout but 9/10 times that line up probably wins the tourney

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I

He does have that
It didn’t work out for him in the shootout but that is one area he should be counted on
I do agree with previous writer that if he is the weakest link we should be in good shape overall
He can really score and is a streaky player. If he is hot ride him if not someone takes his place.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Dach decision is alright. He is at least playing every game, though his minutes are low. It would have been much worse for Arizona to keep Hayton but sit him almost every game. Dobson may be in the same situation.

The Dudas situation is annoying but expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad