2020/21 Roster Thread X: Chuck's time to shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Elliott is gone.
Braun, Hagg and NAK aren't a shakeup. Switching out 3rd pair and 4th line players is a non-event
Laughton is fine, one of the few players with a consistent motor. And again, switching out a bottom six player isn't a "shake up."
So basically Hayes, who can't be moved until after 21-22.

Notice all the players who play the lion share of minutes aren't on your list, so you want to change the team by changing players who have a minor impact on winning or losing?
Players that play the lion share of time have a major impact on winning while the players with the lowest share of time have the biggest impact on losing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hayes doesn’t play significant minutes?
Season average: 18:01
And Hagg (recently) and Braun seem to be getting top 4 usage.

Nice try
View attachment 422289

Braun only got top usage b/c Provorov - Ghost didn't look good. He was resigned as a 3rd pair guy, Hagg as #7
So you don't even have to get rid of them, just find a top for RHD and move them down the food chain.

Hayes is the only guy you'd get rid of, but unless Patrick and Frost step up, you've got a black hole at center.
Nor is Hayes an option.

What you're really saying is it's all the fault of the coaches, the players would be great with the right HC.
Might be true, but where is this "miracle working" right HC?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
No, I think Fletcher is pretty much committed to the youth movement.
Hasn't traded a prospect yet, just extended a 26 year old forward, his big signing was a 27 year old center.
Only over 30 players added were short-term deals, Niskanen, Braun.

If he trades youth and prospects, I'll bet it's for a player 26 and under, if he adds veterans, it'll be on short-term deals.
He’s gotta be disgusted with Sanheim, Myers, & Patrick, in particular. I think all 3 are on the chopping block.

Obviously, he’ll get a goalie to replace Elliott.

I think NAK will be gone, also. His inconsistency & terrible penalties are a liability on the 4th line.

Reactions: tucson83

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Braun only got top usage b/c Provorov - Ghost didn't look good. He was resigned as a 3rd pair guy, Hagg as #7
So you don't even have to get rid of them, just find a top for RHD and move them down the food chain.

Hayes is the only guy you'd get rid of, but unless Patrick and Frost step up, you've got a black hole at center.
Nor is Hayes an option.

What you're really saying is it's all the fault of the coaches, the players would be great with the right HC.
Might be true, but where is this "miracle working" right HC?
It’s not all on the coaches, but they along with poor goaltending are the biggest reason this team is struggling. AV is the most overrated coach in the NHL.

This franchise is being run by hacks. It’s sad. But hey, it must all be Giroux and Couturier’s fault. Yeah, that makes sense.

Oh and regarding a black hole at center, we already have one. His name is Kevin Hayes. If he could actually cut it as a 2C, Giroux would still be on the wing.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
People are going by what they expect will happen. Fletcher said no changes are coming to coaching. Maybe he's not telling the full truth on that but we have no idea. We have to assume the coaching is staying the same. If it is, the roster is what will change.

I say keep Giroux and one of the other high priced forwards and trade two (JVR and Vorecek would be my picks). Probably move on from Patrick and try to land Eichel, Hamilton, Evander Kane, Hertl, or somebody.
Evander Kane !!! are you Fu#^%$& en kiding me . That is the absolute last guy you want on your team .

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Players that play the lion share of time have a major impact on winning while the players with the lowest share of time have the biggest impact on losing.

Since we're not doing a bunch of winning, maybe we need some new Lions?

ES: GF - GA

Patrick -16
Sanheim - 14
Myer -13
Lindblom -9
Prosser -7
Voracek -6
Bunnaman -6
Andreoff -6
Morin -6
Raffl -5
NAK -3
Twarynski -3
Hagg -2
Friedman -2
Ghost -1

Laughton +8
Provorov +4
Braun +2
TK +2
Giroux +1
Couts +1
JVR +1

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
He’s gotta be disgusted with Sanheim, Myers, & Patrick, in particular. I think all 3 are on the chopping block.

Obviously, he’ll get a goalie to replace Elliott.

I think NAK will be gone, also. His inconsistency & terrible penalties are a liability on the 4th line.
NAK should be sitting for Wade Allison or even Sandin. He’s an idiot and his penalties are killing this team

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I’m just going to riff on my premise that Sanheim, Myers, & Patrick will be gone next season.

1. Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
2. JVR-Hayes-Konecny
3. Laughton-???-Farabee
4. Lindblom-Laczynski-Allison

1. Provorov-???
2. York-???
3. Ghost/Hagg/Morin-Braun

I am expecting one new forward, probably a center. And 2 new (probably RH) D, not counting York.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can they just forfeit the rest of their games? It will lessen the pain and suffering for the hundred or so fans that they have left.

We still have further down the standings to tumble so let's just keep it going. There's another Top 10 Prospect out there begging to be ruined.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I will add that I think they’ll push hard for Danault for the 3C spot I have open.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It’s not all on the coaches, but they along with poor goaltending are the biggest reason this team is struggling. AV is the most overrated coach in the NHL.

This franchise is being run by hacks. It’s sad. But hey, it must all be Giroux and Couturier’s fault. Yeah, that makes sense.

Oh and regarding a black hole at center, we already have one. His name is Kevin Hayes. If he could actually cut it as a 2C, Giroux would still be on the wing.

No, G is at center b/c Patrick isn't a 3C caliber player right now and Laughton is a much better 3LW than 3C.
Hayes for the season:
42g: 8-10 18 at ES , 1.86 pp/60, 128th among forwards with 400+ minutes. That's median 2nd line production.
CF 50.88%, CFrel -0.89, xGF 53.31%, xGFrel+5.46, PDO .978

Hayes is playing like a middle of the pack 2C. He's not the solution, but he's also not the problem.

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So we are downgrading
I don’t think they would be. I believe you overrate Sanheim. He’s been a huge problem as a defender around the net.

York, IMO, is so good he’s ready to step right into the 2nd pair. So you use Sanheim, who is an RFA, as trade bait, ideally for a RHD.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t think they would be. I believe you overrate Sanheim. He’s been a huge problem as a defender around the net.

York, IMO, is so good he’s ready to step right into the 2nd pair. So you use Sanheim, who is an RFA, as trade bait, ideally for a RHD.

Sanheim is our second best defenseman this year. Your player evaluations are questionable, as proven by your arguments last year that Stewart would be a solid contributor and that Hagg is good based on stats he didn't have anything to do with.

You're most likely overrating York and the impact we can expect next season. Especially in AV's structureless system that will hang him out to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA