Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Spit balling a trade possibility.
To Phila: Seth Jones
To Columbus: Myers, Patrick, and 2021 #1 pick, (Hagg too if they will take him - they will need to replace some D this off season)
What else do the Flyers need to add?

This solves the Flyers RHD and #1 Dman issues. Frost replaces Patrick in the lineup. D looks like this:
Provy - Jones
Sanheim - Braun
Morin - York or Ghost if still here

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
This will go well. ^
I am curious. I know it kicks over the nest. I don't know what it will take to get the job done. It will take more than the 3 pieces (plus Hagg who is filler). Columbus can use a center. They might be willing to take a chance on Patrick's pedigree upside. Myers is also an upside player and a RHD to pair with Werenski, filling in Jones's spot (downgrade there but other additions), the number 1 will be necessary, as will something else. I just can't put my finger on what else. Jones will be on his last year of his contract. It will be a good time to move him for the CBJs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am curious. I know it kicks over the nest. I don't know what it will take to get the job done. It will take more than the 3 pieces (plus Hagg who is filler). Columbus can use a center. They might be willing to take a chance on Patrick's pedigree upside. Myers is also an upside player and a RHD to pair with Werenski, filling in Jones's spot (downgrade there but other additions), the number 1 will be necessary, as will something else. I just can't put my finger on what else. Jones will be on his last year of his contract. It will be a good time to move him for the CBJs.

From what I have seen here, and i'm no authority on the topic, the metrics suggest Seth Jones is not good defensively and a lot of people consider him the most overrated player in the NHL. Many of those people post here. I'm not great with presenting the necessary graphs and charts here because I don't know where to find them / don't want to become a patreon to any of these nerds lol.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
From what I have seen here, and i'm no authority on the topic, the metrics suggest Seth Jones is not good defensively and a lot of people consider him the most overrated player in the NHL. Many of those people post here. I'm not great with presenting the necessary graphs and charts here because I don't know where to find them / don't want to become a patreon to any of these nerds lol.
I wonder if Provy might be better defensively with an offensive partner.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think we've seen last season (and this season) that Provy meshes better with a defensive partner. Jones would be the perfect partner for him, imo. He's the perfect partner for Werenski and Provy and Werenski are similar players.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I think we've seen last season (and this season) that Provy meshes better with a defensive partner. Jones would be the perfect partner for him, imo. He's the perfect partner for Werenski and Provy and Werenski are similar players.

I would guess that Hamilton will be (or should be) the primary target this offseason. He's a UFA, #1 defenseman. Find a way to make him a Flyer.

I'm guessing Seattle has first dibs at negotiations.

I hate expansion. There are too many teams as it is... we don't need more.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Wait a minute....the Flyers signed a guy named Jack Cates?

2738-2.jpg

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I.....want no parts of Seth Jones. He trips himself up a lot in the defensive zone due to his poor defensive skating mechanics.

Outlined with some great analysis here by Jack Han:

Seth Jones' Achilles Heel

I have no clue why more people haven’t noticed this glaring weakness in his game. It’s a big issue.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Spit balling a trade possibility.
To Phila: Seth Jones
To Columbus: Myers, Patrick, and 2021 #1 pick, (Hagg too if they will take him - they will need to replace some D this off season)
What else do the Flyers need to add?

This solves the Flyers RHD and #1 Dman issues. Frost replaces Patrick in the lineup. D looks like this:
Provy - Jones
Sanheim - Braun
Morin - York or Ghost if still here

well thats something..

hahaaa

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I would guess that Hamilton will be (or should be) the primary target this offseason. He's a UFA, #1 defenseman. Find a way to make him a Flyer.

I'm guessing Seattle has first dibs at negotiations.

I hate expansion. There are too many teams as it is... we don't need more.
I'm not a huge Hamilton fan, tbh. He's a good player and he would improve us, but I'm not sure he's the kind of player we should be looking for.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I.....want no parts of Seth Jones. He trips himself up a lot in the defensive zone due to his poor defensive skating mechanics.

Outlined with some great analysis here by Jack Han:

Seth Jones' Achilles Heel

I have no clue why more people haven’t noticed this glaring weakness in his game. It’s a big issue.

That was an awesome article

Reactions: TB87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad